Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > Club Forums > R/C Racers 4 Christ
RC racing... and Sundays? >

RC racing... and Sundays?

RC racing... and Sundays?

Old 06-29-2005, 11:42 AM
Tech Regular

Default RC racing... and Sundays?

hey guys,

I've been trying to get to RC races recently, but I've run into a bit of a dilemma. The problem is that church is usually on Sunday morning, while RC races are usually also on Sunday morning.

While I do want to RC for the summer, I don't want to miss out on Sunday worship. Do you folks run into hte same problem? Have you found a way to get around it?
Old 07-02-2005, 01:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Hi

Hi,

Yer, i've run into the same problem and im only 15, so i go every second week or depends on what my dad and mum say.

Steven
Old 07-02-2005, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Well I have also run into this issue. Here is my sollution...
I go to a very small church...8 families small...
I am involved in ministry...
I race RC but nothing comes before me worshiping my GOD and serving him...
I was in prayer and fasted about racing RC on sundays and the Lord allowed open doors for me and as I prayed on those open doors I have been faithful to check with the Father everytime I go race. I also am involved with Team HOLY Rollers and I try to while racing spread the Good news and be an example to others who might not ever read a bible but see how I live my life...
There has to be two things when there is a ministry...
A call from GOD...not our own selfish motives.&
A need. I hope this helps.
Also I only race one sunday a month (a series) and I found a club that is close that races every other Saturday that way I am also not neglecting my family. As they are my first ministry.
Take Care & GOD Bless,
-Shookie <><

Originally Posted by dugrant153
hey guys,

I've been trying to get to RC races recently, but I've run into a bit of a dilemma. The problem is that church is usually on Sunday morning, while RC races are usually also on Sunday morning.

While I do want to RC for the summer, I don't want to miss out on Sunday worship. Do you folks run into hte same problem? Have you found a way to get around it?
Old 07-04-2005, 03:14 PM
Tech Adept

I guess I am very fortunate, we attend a very large church and we have services on Saturday evening as well as 3 services on Sunday. Problem solved!

Thank You Lord
Old 07-04-2005, 07:32 PM
Tech Regular

yeah, there is a church nearby that has Saturday evening services :P

I'm sorta doing a compromise. I have service from 9:30am until about 10:45am. I can stay for Sunday school or head out to the track.
Luckily, my club racing is "supposed" to start at 10am, but most guys get there about 12ish just enough time to make it after church.

But yeah... I guess it is a compromise, eh? However, if I start to autocross, Sundays are taken up... oi...
Old 07-14-2005, 12:50 AM
Tech Adept

Default Putting things into perspective a little.

Hi Guys.

What a great find coming on to this site & finding a Christian area to comment & discuss.

Ok, well we all look at Sundays as being the day we all need to drop everything & worship our amazing God....well amen to that brothers & sisters. However, I have learnt over the years that it comes down more to putting time a side for our worhip. For example, if I were having to work on a Sunday then I would put monday (or whichever day I had free) a side for my worship. The bottom line is this....praise The Lord as much as you can, worship Him always, naturally, but most of all, if you were to put any day a side for Jesus then you can't go wrong. What I am trying to say is that God is asking you to just have one day of rest so that He may gain your attention, be it Sunday, Monday, which ever day. Just ensure that you do this for Him. And if pos, just go to church in the evening if you can or find a church that you enjoy that you can go to in the evenings. Just remember Him & put one day a week a side for Him.

Ok, thats my 2 peneth worth & thats all I will say on the matter.

God bles y'all.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:44 AM
Tech Rookie

hi people
does it say in the big book to give him one day from your week?
Old 07-18-2005, 05:53 AM
Tech Adept

I believe that we should give him every day, all day long. I can include R/C racing as part of my worship, as well as work, and everything I do. I am compelled by his love to put Him first in all of the things that I do. Showing Christ's love to others is an always and everyday role that we are to be active in. I try to set aside time each day that is dedicated just for our conversations, just He and I. Then when I go to church it is a celebration of what has been happening during the week, a time to thank and praise Him with my friends and family.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trixter
I believe that we should give him every day, all day long. I can include R/C racing as part of my worship, as well as work, and everything I do. I am compelled by his love to put Him first in all of the things that I do. Showing Christ's love to others is an always and everyday role that we are to be active in. I try to set aside time each day that is dedicated just for our conversations, just He and I. Then when I go to church it is a celebration of what has been happening during the week, a time to thank and praise Him with my friends and family.
AMEN........
GOD is suppose to be first in everything. A very wise friend told me that....
You are to be studying his word daily and putting HIS word into you. And Sunday/Saturday or what ever day you do to church is like dessert. You get THE WORD taught by someone else. Like Trixter said....it is to be a celabration...
Just my tow pennies guys. I am just going by what the bible says. We are to be meditating on his word daily. DAILY MEANS DAILY....I go to church everyday...with my wife...Because "when ever two or more are gathered in my name I am there" So when me and my wife do devotionals we get to have church daily...But you are also not to forsake the essembly of GOD so going to a church is also important as we all need to be around fellow believers..
Sorry guys long winded and I can not seem to wake up.....GOD got me up too early today. LOL
Take Care All & GOD Bless
-Shookie <><
Old 07-19-2005, 12:05 PM
Tech Initiate

I guess I am the lucky one here. The track I race at has on-road indoor racing on Thursdays @ 8:00 and Saturdays at 6, offroad outdoors every other Sat as weather permits.

No interference with Morning Prayer or services on Wednesday's or Sunday's.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:35 PM
Tech Regular

glad to hear that others are figuring out how to do Sundays (or not ) and racing!
I think I've worked something out. I go to sunday service until about 10:45am. From there, I make a b-line to the race track (which thankfully is very close to church). Sometimes, if the track is too far, I just don't go.

I raced TCS this past weekend. Managed to get there just in time after Sunday service
Old 07-19-2005, 03:37 PM
Tech Adept

Interesting comments here... You know I always wondered about how one church would call the sabbath a certain day or the week. Yet, another was so SET AGAINST that day, and having a different day. I honestly don't think the Lord cares which day you or I worship. I do think it's important to worship each week, and remember Him always, however.

I know it's been hashed and re-hashed already. Just wanted to comment.
Old 07-19-2005, 04:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by handyrandyrc
Interesting comments here... You know I always wondered about how one church would call the sabbath a certain day or the week. Yet, another was so SET AGAINST that day, and having a different day. I honestly don't think the Lord cares which day you or I worship. I do think it's important to worship each week, and remember Him always, however.

I know it's been hashed and re-hashed already. Just wanted to comment.
werd.
Old 07-19-2005, 04:49 PM
Tech Adept

Again, I choose not to race on Sunday. It's just a personal decision I have made with my family. So I choose a form of racing that allows me to race at a different time.

For me (and again, this is just for ME, not necessarily YOU) racing takes away the spirit of the sabbath. I may visit extended family, or go on a short drive up the canyon to see the view. I don't feel like I need to be praying all day or reading my scriptures all day. I just try to do what I feel like Jesus would do on the sabbath. If racing and outreaching on Sunday is your answer, then awesome! It's just not for me.
Old 07-22-2005, 07:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Very lucky here in OZ. My church has Sunday night service, so I Don't have a problem. Also had the national director of our denomination drifting my rc car inside the church!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service