Balancing R/C HOBBY???? >

Balancing R/C HOBBY????

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hunternaf

Balancing R/C HOBBY????

Old 06-24-2013, 12:51 AM
Tech Adept

Questions?? Balancing R/C HOBBY????

Couple things I like to ask. How do you balance R/C Racing, that it doesn't come to the point where it becomes sinful as such an idoltary problem? I love R/C Racing and i probably havent raced in about 5 years. And i would like to return to racing, but Jesus Christ happen to call me out of Darkness about 2 years ago to lay down my life for him and serve him. Since then i have a desire to share the Gospel, responding to Matthew 28. I see alot of responses on here being offended by the cross which im not surprised caus eof what 1 Corithians 1:18 says "For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God." My brothers what I want to know, Are we giving God the Glory as we have fun amongst non believers? If so, Please share i would love to share the Gospel with others in the R/c Scene they're sinners just like everyone else, and the greatest way to Share the love of Christ is to Preach Christ and him crucified. Lets share the Gospel my Brothers!

Romans 1:16 "For I Am not ashamed of the Gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also Greek."

God Bless.....May Mercy, Grace and Love be with us all from our Lord Jesus Christ
Old 06-24-2013, 02:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I use symbolism, (holy rollers decals, cross painted on the front of my cars), my attitude, courtesy to other drivers, use of appropriate language, willingness to help others to set myself apart and make them wonder why I never have a bad day. I am always willing to share my belief in God.
enare likes this.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:58 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Whatsoever u do, do all in the name of the lord....heehee I am in no wise religious, but the whole help and great aditute is something everyone should have religious or not!!!
Old 07-24-2013, 12:41 AM
Suspended

For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved?

Last edited by tmail55; 07-24-2013 at 04:08 AM.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by KamRcGuy View Post
For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved?
yes
Old 05-29-2016, 03:12 AM
Tech Initiate

For me it's simple. As long as RC doesn't get in the way of prayer, Bible reading, not enough cash for supporting a family (single but if in the future), having no cash to give back to God, or going to church, it's all good.
Old 05-30-2016, 12:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

There was a thread oh ready talking about this matter to bad we couldn't get them as one or a Mod can make it happened.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-race...obbie-god.html
Old 05-30-2016, 12:36 PM
Tech Master

Like anything and everything in life must have a balance my brother and itís very easy to get distractive from things we need to prioritize in our life. But GOD our Father should always come 1st.
One thing to keep in mind and heart that is GOD is with us always, at work, at play, while we are being husbands, fathers, brothers, uncles, grand fathers and so much more that we are to be accountable for.

Now I can only account for myself when it comes to RC racing and that is I always pray to myself during racing or just having fun out on the track, I keep GOD on my mind because HE is in me and I try to be in HIM (please note I said TRY). When we are born again we are blessed with the holy spirit and the holy spirit is in us ALWAYS so no matter what we are doing we ALWAYS have that connections.

And GOD wants us to have fun and enjoy our lifeís and hobbies but also HE wants us to always acknowledges HIM 1st thing in the mornings, throughout the day and at night remember youíre in a relationship with HIM and it just takes 1 min out of your time to let HIM know you love HIM and give thanks.
Old 05-30-2016, 03:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Yea and we're supposed to do everything for the glory of God so you can use that as motivation to do your best and lay the smackdown on your competitors. ��
Old 06-06-2016, 02:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

This is one of those big huge unanswerable questions... Because truthfully everyone has things in their life that they put before God, every time you sin you put yourself before God. Your desire to serve yourself is greater than the desire to serve him. I have a wife and three kids, a full time job and it's a very comfortable easy life. I find myself constantly not wanting to do things because it simply takes too much effort or work. And yet, if it comes to me or Rc or whatever it might be in that moment, it's suddenly worth the hard work. People idolize entertainment and comfort in the USA! I struggle with how much I could be doing to spread gods word rather than having fun for myself. We are extremely blessed to live where we do and i can't escape the feeling of God blessed me to bless others. If we truly thought of this life as temporary would we really do the typical 8-5 gig we are caught up in?

God created science, math, pleasure, art and it's amazing to explore and discover gods design and beauty through all this stuff we've been allowed to create and I don't think God wants us to just sit around and not live life, but I do think as Americans we've become completely disillusioned what it really meAns to live for God and give up our life for God. We do this and that for him but it's like filthy rags so amen that it's his grace that saves us and not our works!!! Ramble over
Old 06-06-2016, 03:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dsms4ever View Post
This is one of those big huge unanswerable questions... Because truthfully everyone has things in their life that they put before God, every time you sin you put yourself before God. Your desire to serve yourself is greater than the desire to serve him. I have a wife and three kids, a full time job and it's a very comfortable easy life. I find myself constantly not wanting to do things because it simply takes too much effort or work. And yet, if it comes to me or Rc or whatever it might be in that moment, it's suddenly worth the hard work. People idolize entertainment and comfort in the USA! I struggle with how much I could be doing to spread gods word rather than having fun for myself. We are extremely blessed to live where we do and i can't escape the feeling of God blessed me to bless others. If we truly thought of this life as temporary would we really do the typical 8-5 gig we are caught up in?

God created science, math, pleasure, art and it's amazing to explore and discover gods design and beauty through all this stuff we've been allowed to create and I don't think God wants us to just sit around and not live life, but I do think as Americans we've become completely disillusioned what it really meAns to live for God and give up our life for God. We do this and that for him but it's like filthy rags so amen that it's his grace that saves us and not our works!!! Ramble over
AMEN, AMEN and Amen well said, I wonder how many of us that call our self's Christians if we lived in a foreign country were being a christian would cost us our life or the life of our family would stay with Christ ?
Old 08-25-2017, 01:10 PM
Tech Adept

Very cool to see the responses after almost 4 years of posting this, the Lord has brought me a long way. I'm now married with a 1 year old and I much agree with you brothers. One of my main reasons from staying away from the hobby was i didn't want to substitute Sunday corporate worship for Sunday club races.

can we return to friday and saturday races???????
Old 08-26-2017, 02:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

search for tracks in your area you may have to change type of racing but it is all fun, oval offroad, crawling and onroad, my problem is I like it all but if one type fit better into my life schedule that is what I would do