R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   R/C Racers 4 Christ (https://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-racers-4-christ-26/)
-   -   Walk to Emmaus (https://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-racers-4-christ/69577-walk-emmaus.html)

BadSign 04-17-2005 09:29 PM

Walk to Emmaus

Anyone out there a member of an Emmaus communtiy? I just returned from working at Hoosier Hills Emmaus Walk #59. If you have heard of it but never gone, GO!

If your curious what I'm talking about, reply here and I'll try to get some information out.

It's all about Him...

Rustler551 04-18-2005 06:54 PM

My mother has went, and my youth leader and his wife are going this week.

Stealthy Ninja 04-18-2005 11:54 PM

I heard of this before, what is it exactly?

Rustler551 04-19-2005 06:35 PM

It is a retreat in which you are totally connected to God. You have a "guide" that transports you to the location of the walk, but you don't know where you are. There are no clocks, so you don't know what time it is, as you are supposed to be focusing on God. I've heard it is a very rewarding experience. That's the little I know about it.

BadSign 04-24-2005 04:01 PM

Emmaus

As Rustler mentioned, it's a retreat where you are placed totally in the hands of Christian brothers (or sisters). You listen to a series of small talks and experience God's love for you through series of surprising activities. I highly recommend it for any Christian to enhance their relationship with Christ.

Rustler, If you can't go yet, ask your youth leader about a Chrysalis walk. It has a lot of similarities.
BTW, where are you from? I live in Franklin (just 1/2 hour S. of Indy)

Stealthy, where are you? I might be able to find someone in your area who can talk with you about it. (Or sponsor you on a walk).

Rustler551 04-24-2005 07:09 PM

I've heard about Chrysalis walks, but haven't ever participated. I live in Terre Haute. I know where Franklin is;) .

Stealthy Ninja 04-24-2005 09:01 PM

Re: Emmaus

Originally posted by BadSign
Stealthy, where are you? I might be able to find someone in your area who can talk with you about it. (Or sponsor you on a walk).
I'm in Hong Kong. I think our church has something to do with it. I might go if it comes up again. :)

BadSign 04-26-2005 02:50 PM

SN, I found some contact info for you, if you're interested:
Hong Kong Emmaus (Chinese Speaking)
c/o Conference Office
9/F Methodist House
36 Hennessy Road, Wanchai
Hong Kong SAR, PRC
Community Email: [email protected]

Rustler, We're racing TC's at Hobbytown South in Indy once next month, then bi-weekly through the summer, starting in June. Drop me an e-mail and I'll give you the times when it's all finalized

Rustler551 04-26-2005 03:23 PM

Thanks, I'll see if I can gather some of my buddies and maybe my Dad. My friend should have his Grand Motorsports DragSpec up and running soon. We stripped the plastic wheel hubs last summer after hitting a few rocks going nearly 60:smile: .

Stealthy Ninja 04-29-2005 01:46 AM

Originally posted by BadSign
SN, I found some contact info for you, if you're interested:
Hong Kong Emmaus (Chinese Speaking)
c/o Conference Office
9/F Methodist House
36 Hennessy Road, Wanchai
Hong Kong SAR, PRC
Community Email: [email protected]

Unfortunately I don't speak Chinese well enough I think (I am from Australia). Thanks for teh info anyway. :D

rdub202 04-30-2005 06:31 PM

i just went on a Chrysalis flight not too long ago which is basically the same thing but for youth. it was amazing

flight 39
sat at table of "sister mary's fanciful unicorn boy child"

BadSign 05-02-2005 07:28 PM

Originally posted by rdub202
"sister mary's fanciful unicorn boy child"
Do you guys pick your own names or what?!

Hoosier Hills Walk 57
Table of Luke

coincidentally, my son's name- "Luke. I am your father."

rdub202 05-03-2005 05:45 AM

hah yea we got to pick our own obviously

some of the other ones were:
bojangles
enterprise
riders in the sky
the old grey speedo
midnight kitchen raiders
the fox's tail