Daily Readings

Old 09-25-2012, 06:35 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Daily Readings

Good Morning Guys!!!

Well I subscribe to a few morning daily e-mails that send over Scripture and some explanations. Thought I would post them for you guys.

<><
Sean

Turning Point-Dr. David Jeremiah

God's Appointment Book

I made haste, and did not delay to keep Your commandments.
Psalm 119:60

Sometimes you can't judge a book by its cover. The same goes for people -- and coincidences. Corrie ten Boom once quipped, "All I know is that when I pray, coincidences happen, and when I don't pray, they don't happen." As a Holocaust survivor, Corrie's life was filled with God-ordained moments. That's how I like to think of living by faith -- as responding to divine guidance and appointments.

Philip the evangelist experienced a God-ordained opportunity when he was preaching at a revival meeting in Samaria with multitudes coming to Christ. But then an angel suddenly appeared and directed him to a solitary Ethiopian who was traveling through the desert and needing some help as he studied the Book of Isaiah. Philip obeyed God's divine appointment. The same Holy Spirit who prompted Philip to deliver the message of evangelism was already at work in the heart of this Ethiopian.

When we get ready to be His ambassador, God has already prepared people for His Good News and He brings us together -- that's a divine appointment. There aren't any accidents with God. If God has put it in your heart to share the Gospel, don't wait until a convenient time.

A coincidence is an event in which a sovereign God chooses to remain anonymous.
Unknown

Greg Laurie

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 25, 2012

A Long Journey Back

But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.
James 1:14–15

I read an article about a personal trainer who had a lot of overweight clients. He had always been in great shape and never had struggled with his weight or with overeating. Yet he had clients who struggled. Finding it hard to sympathize with them, he decided to gain 70 pounds so he would know what it was like to have to struggle with weight.

The trainer chronicled the process on his website, including a "before" picture of himself in perfect shape. Then he started eating everything in sight. For breakfast he had kids' cereal. For lunch, he ate corn dogs and everything else he could think of that would cause him to gain weight. For dinner, it was fettuccine Alfredo.

He said at first it was kind of exhilarating, because for the first week, he was eating like crazy but not seeing any effects on his body. He was still looking really good. But then, after a couple of weeks, the first to go were the abs. They sort of disappeared. Then rolls of fat started appearing. He began feeling lethargic and dull and depressed. When he started making his way back to his former weight, he said it was a lot harder than he thought it would be.

What a perfect picture that is of what it is like to fall into sin. At first, as you go back to some of the old ways, it might even be a little bit exhilarating. You think, "Wow! I did that and nothing happened. I got away with this, and the world didn't end."

But then the problems come. Then the depression enters in. Then the repercussions are there. And you find yourself wondering how to get back to where you were before.

Have a great day!!!
Old 09-26-2012, 05:54 AM
Tech Adept

Default 9/26/2012

Good Morning!!!

Today's Turning Point with David Jeremiah

The Flying Gospel

For we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard.
Acts 4:20

A strange item recently appeared in Florida newspapers. A man in Port Richey was arrested and accused of assaulting his roommate by throwing a Bible at the back of her head. The two had gotten into an argument; and as the girl tried to take the garbage out of the house, the man allegedly threw a Bible at her so hard that it bent the cover. The case is pending.

This isn't what Martin Luther had in mind when he advised ministers to know the Gospel well, to teach it to others, and to "beat it into their heads continually."

Luther wasn't speaking literally, of course. We mustn't beat people over the head with the Gospel. But we do need to find ways of getting the Scriptures into the hearts and minds of those God brings into our lives. Be alert today for any opportunity of saying a word for the Lord. Have a verse ready. Take the Gospel wherever Christ leads you, knowing that He has prepared the way. Don't be afraid to share a word for the Lord today.

Successful witnessing is taking the initiative to share Christ in the power of the Holy Spirit and leaving the results to God.
Bill Bright

When Tolerance Isn't Good" -- Harvest Daily Devotion for 9/26/2012

When Tolerance Isn't Good
For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.

Galatians 5:13

Tolerance. Isn't that the watchword of the day? You can be anything but intolerant. This may come as a surprise to a nonbeliever, but all the strong Christians that I know are very tolerant.

As believers, we have a worldview that comes from our study of Scripture and from our faith in Jesus Christ. We believe these things are true, so when we talk to someone who is not a believer, we try to convince him or her. We engage in evangelism. We want them to believe in Jesus as we do. But we also know that some people, after hearing what we have to say, will disagree. So what do we do? Do we scream in their face? No, of course not. Although we don't agree with them, we still are tolerant.

But tolerance isn't always a good thing. The church of Thyatira in Revelation 2 was tolerating sin. Jesus specifically focused in on this problem when He addressed this church, saying, "Nevertheless I have a few things against you, because you allow that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess, to teach and seduce My servants to commit sexual immorality and eat things sacrificed to idols" (verse 20).

I don't know whether this was a literal Jezebel to whom Jesus was referring or whether He was using the name as a metaphor for wickedness. We do know that Queen Jezebel of the Old Testament was an extremely wicked woman and culpable in putting to death the prophets of the Lord. She was teaching that immorality was not a serious issue.

The church of Thyatira was tolerating sin, and so Jesus essentially told them, "I am intolerant of this sin. You are allowing sexual immorality into your ranks."

We cannot be followers of Christ and try to live in two worlds.

Hope you guys have a great day!

<><
Sean
Old 09-27-2012, 07:26 AM
Tech Adept

2820 Encouragement Street

Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Don't be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord God, my God, is with you. He won't leave you or forsake you until all the work for the service of the Lord's house is finished.
1 Chronicles 28:20 (HCSB)

Sometimes in memorizing Scripture we have trouble recalling the references. Try mental associations. For example, if you know the Great Commission Jesus gave His disciples in Matthew 28:20, you can locate the Great Promise David gave his son in 1 Chronicles 28:20. They share the same street address of 28:20.

These are among David's final words. As he turned over the kingdom to Solomon, he charged him with building a glorious house to serve as the temple of the Lord in Jerusalem. The task was daunting, but the promise was sufficient: Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Don't be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord God, my God, is with you. He won't leave you or forsake you until all the work... is finished.

This promise is for us too. We need to exhort and encourage each other regarding the work God has given us. We need to build one another up. As we tackle Matthew 28:20, let's remember 1 Chronicles 28:20. The Lord will stay with us till the work is done.

We are to encourage and build self-confidence in our loved ones, friends, and associates.
Billy Graham

Three Objectives of the Church" -- Harvest Daily Devotion for 9/27/2012

"I know your works, that you have a name that you are alive, but you are dead. Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die, for I have not found your works perfect before God."
Revelation 3:1–2

Have you ever seen a movie set? It is never the way it appears onscreen. Everything seems smaller and more fake. That beautiful, three-story building you see on the screen may just be a painted façade, propped up by pieces of wood. It is never as impressive as it appears.

That is how the church of Sardis was, which Jesus addressed in Revelation 2. Things looked good on the outside, but the fire was gone. Something was missing.

The church of Sardis had a name that was known far and wide. It was humming with activity. There was no shortage of money, talent, or manpower. Outwardly, it had every indication of a church on the move. But Jesus revealed things that no one else saw.

The way we evaluate successful churches is different than the way God evaluates them. Many people measure a church's success by how many people attend, how big and beautiful the facilities are, and how great the music is.

But Jesus sees things differently. And the problem with the church of Sardis was a failure to measure up to His standard. He told them, "I know your works, that you have a name that you are alive, but you are dead. Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die, for I have not found your works perfect before God" (Revelation 3:1–2). Another translation of the word "perfect" would be "fulfilled." Jesus was telling them, "You have not fulfilled your purpose."

Is the objective of a church just to get big? I don't think so. As far as I can see in my study of Scripture, the church has a threefold objective: It is here for the exaltation of God, for the edification of saints, and for the evangelization of the world.

I hope you guys have a great day!

<><
Sean
Old 09-28-2012, 08:29 AM
Tech Adept

And the Lord said to [Paul], "Arise and go into Damascus, and there you will be told all things which are appointed for you to do."
Acts 22:10b

You've probably heard the expression, "Forewarned is forearmed." It simply means that the more we know about what is coming, the better equipped we will be to handle it. Likewise, the more we know about life as a whole, the fewer surprises there will be along the way. Paul forewarned new converts to Christ by telling them; "We must through many tribulations enter the kingdom of God" (Acts 14:22).

Paul knew that all too well. When he got his assignment from Christ to take the Gospel to the Gentiles and their kings, he was also told that he would suffer in the process (Acts 9:16). But at least he was forewarned and therefore forearmed with the knowledge he would need to depend on the strength of Christ (2 Corinthians 12:7-10). But it's not just apostles who suffer for Christ. All who are called to follow Him must be ready to share in the "fellowship of His sufferings" (Philippians 3:10). The more we know about our assignment from Christ, the more we can be prepared for the challenges that lie ahead.

How would you define your assignment, or appointment, from Christ? How are you preparing for it?

By suffering God's will, we learn to do God's will.
Thomas Case

Nothing from Pastor Greg today.

Hope you guys have a great day!!!!

<><
Sean
Old 10-01-2012, 07:28 AM
Tech Adept

He who does not love does not know God, for God is love.
1 John 4:8

Evangelist Charles Finney once preached a sermon on 1 John 4:8, saying: "Love is the cement of society and the source of social happiness. Without it the great community of the rational universe would dissolve, and men and angels would turn savages." But when Finney tried to explain how "God is love," he admitted defeat. "There is an unfathomable depth in this concise laconic sentence," he said, "which even the penetration of an angel's mind cannot reach."

Finney said that one Sunday as he preached on this text, a farmer by the name of Jowles took a seat near the pulpit. During the sermon the man groaned. Anguish gripped his face. He then became motionless and had to be helped home. Soon however, Jowles was gloriously converted and became a powerful instrument for bringing his friends to Christ.

If we really saw the transcendence of God's love, it would shock us, numb us, awaken us, thrill us, and turn us into worshippers and witnesses.

God is love, and He loves you.

Whatever (God) does, He does it because He is love.
Charles G. Finney

"The Divine Register" -- Harvest Daily Devotion for 10/1/2012

Then those who feared the Lord spoke to one another, and the Lord listened and heard them; so a book of remembrance was written before Him for those who fear the Lord And who meditate on His name.
Malachi 3:16

The Bible clearly teaches that God has a book, which goes by a number of names. It is called the Book of Remembrance, which contains the names of those who fear the Lord and think on His name. Sometimes it is just called the Book. Other times, it is called the Book of Life, or the Lamb's Book of Life. And according to Revelation 20, one day at the Great White Throne judgment, the books will be opened, and the dead will be judged by the things written in the books. A book also will be opened, which is the Book of Life. And whoever is not found written in the Book of Life will be cast into the lake of fire.

No Christian will be present at the Great White Throne Judgment; it is for nonbelievers only. Perhaps this is to demonstrate why they will face judgment. But the big issue is whether your name is in the book—the Book of Life. You might have your name on a church register but not on the divine register.

On one occasion, the disciples were excited because they were able to cast out demons by the power of God. But Jesus told them, "Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rather rejoice because your names are written in heaven" (Luke 10:20).

I know my name is written in the Lamb's Book of Life. The follower of Christ need not fear for his or her salvation, because Jesus gives us this promise: "He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels." (Revelation 3:5).

Is your name in the Book of Life?

Hope you guys had a great weekend, and have a great week.

Talk to you all tomorrow!!!

<><
Sean
Old 10-01-2012, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Keep them coming!!!

Great reading!
Old 10-02-2012, 06:27 AM
Tech Adept

You Can't Leave Home Without Him

Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence?
Psalm 139:7

A famous consumer credit company's advertising campaign, beginning in 1975, used the tagline, "Don't Leave Home Without Them" for 25 years -- referring to the company's travelers checks. When the credit card replaced travelers checks, the phrase was changed slightly to say, "Don't Leave Home Without It" -- referring to the plastic credit card that replaced checks for travelers.

You might leave home today without a credit card in your pocket, but there is one thing you can never leave home without: the presence of God. The psalmist David wrote an entire psalm (Psalm 139) about the fact that God was always with Him. And the prophet Jonah discovered he couldn't escape God even when he tried. If you can't escape God's presence that means you can't escape God's love either -- because God is love (1 John 4:8, 16). Some people think their sins or failings have put them far away from the reach of God and His love, but that is never true. God and His love are always with you.

God is no further from you on your worst day than He is on your best day. Just open your heart to receive Him and His love.

We may ignore, but we can nowhere evade, the presence of God. The world is crowded with Him.
C. S. Lewis

Good morning guys!!! I'll post what I get from Pastor Greg once I get the e-mail.

<><
Sean
Old 10-03-2012, 07:27 AM
Tech Adept

Rules and Reasons

Therefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy and just and good.
Romans 7:12

"Do not use this product below 32 degrees F." "Do not exceed the red line on the tachometer." "Do not take this medicine on an empty stomach." "Speed Limit: 65 m.p.h." "Billy, do NOT leave our yard and go into the street after the ball."

Life is full of commands, instructions, prohibitions, warnings, and regulations. And in the vast majority of cases they are written for our benefit. In other words (again, in the vast majority of cases), rules have a reason. And most people are thankful for the protection and benefits that result from obeying them. Except, it seems, with God's rules. The Ten Commandments have long been caricatured as the attempt of an angry, self-centered God to keep His rebellious subjects from enjoying life. Just the opposite is true. Because God is our Creator, He knows how the happiness we were created to experience can best be realized. His commands are simply guardrails that will keep us on the path of pleasure.

If you are chafing against one of God's guidelines, commit to obeying Him by faith (2 Corinthians 5:7). Give God's guidelines time to produce their intended result.

The commands of God are all designed to make us more happy than we can possibly be without them.
Thomas Wilson

"Then What?" -- Harvest Daily Devotion for 10/2/2012

Then What?

Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is man's all.
Ecclesiastes 12:13

An older man was speaking to a young law student about his future plans and asked what he wanted to do once he graduated.

The young man said, "Well, I would like to get a job with a good firm, and I would like to start making some money."

The older man said, "All right. Sounds good. Then what?"

"Well, then I would like to get married," he said. "I would like to have some children, put my kids in good schools, and have enough money to eventually get a second home."

"Okay. Then what?"

"Well, then after I have worked for a while, maybe I could come to a point where I could retire. Hopefully my health will be good, and my wife and I could travel around the world."

"All right. Then what?"

"Well, I guess just pass my money on to my children, hoping they will have as comfortable of a life as I had."

"Then what?"

"Well," the young man said, "I guess I will die."

And the older man said, "Yes. Then what?"

Then what? Then is eternity. And far too often, we think of this life as being everything, and we don't give any thought to the next life. But in reality, this is the before life. Then comes the afterlife. This is sort of like the warm-up act. There is more to come. So it is very important that we know why we are here on this earth, because if we don't, we can very easily waste our lives.

It has been said that if you aim at nothing, you are bound to hit it.

God Bless you all!!!!

<><
Sean
Old 10-04-2012, 05:41 AM
Tech Adept

The Benefits of Focus

There is no other God besides Me, a just God and a Savior; there is none besides Me.
Isaiah 45:21

In his book Talent Is Overrated: What Really Separates World-Class Performers from Everybody Else (Penguin Group, 2008), business journalist Geoff Colvin defines what great performers have in common: years of "deliberate practice." Not casual or regular practice, but deliberate practice -- for years. He cites abundant research that shows, "Many scientists and authors produce their greatest work only after twenty or more years of devoted effort, which means that in year nineteen they are still getting better" (page 62).

Research is clear that focus-over-time is a key ingredient to success. It should come as no surprise, then, that God expects His human creation to focus only on Him, excluding all other gods, idols, and images -- for our whole life. Joshua asked the Israelites to choose whom they would serve -- gods or God (Joshua 24:15). Jesus said that man cannot serve God and money at the same time (Matthew 6:24).

Worshipping God alone -- "deliberate practice" -- is the only way to maximize our potential as His creatures.

Every one of us is, from his mother's womb, expert in inventing idols.
John Calvin

"Creating a Monster" -- Harvest Daily Devotion for 10/4/2012

Creating a Monster

But she who lives in pleasure is dead while she lives.
1 Timothy 5:6

If we live for pleasure, we never will find it. The fact of the matter is that living for pleasure is one of the least pleasurable things a person can do. It has been said the best cure for hedonism is an attempt to practice it. If you have ever gone out and lived purely for pleasure, you have found this to be true. The Bible says that "she who lives in pleasure is dead while she lives" (1 Timothy 5:6).

Someone who lived this way was Freddie Mercury, the lead singer of the rock band, Queen. Queen has sold over 150 million records, and some estimates go as high as 300 million. The band was awash in cash and fame and fortune, and Mercury essentially spent his life in the pursuit of pleasure. One of his friends said his appetites were unquenchable. Mercury did not deny himself anything sexually or materially, but it didn't turn out well for him. And it never does.

He realized that, in his drive to be a star, a monster of his own making had emerged. Referring to his appetite for success, fame, money, sex, and drugs, he was quoted as saying, "I've created a monster. . . . I am starting to worry that I can't control it, as much as it controls me." Mercury died in 1991 at age 45 from complications due to AIDS.

When God saw trouble developing in Cain's heart, he warned, "If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin lies at the door. And its desire is for you, but you should rule over it" (Genesis 4:7).

Sin is like a crouching beast, ready to pounce, to control. And if you live for pleasure, that beast will take over.

I hope you guys have a great Blessed day!!!

Go with GOD!!!

<><
Sean
Old 10-05-2012, 06:19 AM
Tech Adept

From the Beginning

For You formed my inward parts; you covered me in my mother's womb.
Psalm 139:13

Alexander Tsiaras, while a mathematician and researcher at Yale University, helped to create a 2010 presentation titled Conception to Birth -- Visualized. Using new applications of MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) scanning, never before seen images of the development of the human fetus were obtained. When giving a talk on what his team discovered he said, "It's a mystery, it's magic, it's divinity."* As a scientist, he found it hard to think that evolution could account for the design and development of something as complex as a human being.

He almost took the words right out of the psalmist David's mouth. When contemplating how God had knit him together in his mother's womb, David exclaimed, "How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them!" (Psalm 139:17) David was astounded that the God who loved him enough to always be with him was also with him in his mother's womb. From the beginning to the end of human life on earth, God guides everything. And because God is love (1 John 4:8, 16), His love is there all along.

Thank God today that His love has been shaping your life from the very beginning.

He who was our help from our birth ought to be our hope from our youth.
Matthew Henry

Have a great weekend everybody!!!

<><
Sean
Old 10-08-2012, 07:47 AM
Tech Adept

And when He had made an end of speaking with him on Mount Sinai, He gave Moses two tablets of Testimony, tablets of stone, written with the finger of God.
Exodus 31:18

Remember when you first drew pictures with an Etch A Sketch? If you wanted to change your mind, you could simply shake it. Everything would disappear, and you could start all over again. It's one of the most popular toys in history. Unfortunately, too often our society writes its moral standards on its own Etch A Sketch. Our cultural sense of right and wrong is based on societal consensus, not on the unchanging Word of God. In abandoning the absolute standards of a holy God, we've become a world in which morality is relative; it's whatever people want it to be.

Christians take a different view. The Lord didn't write His Commandments on an Etch A Sketch. They were carved in stone, indicating their durable and permanent value. The commands of God flow from His character and establish the moral baseline of the universe. No matter how hard it tries, this world can never erase the truth of God's Word or the demands of His Ten Commandments. They are rock solid, and we can base our moral codes on the tablets of His holiness.

If God would have wanted us to live in a permissive society He would have given us Ten Suggestions and not Ten Commandments.
Zig Ziglar

"Kept in Heavenly Storage" -- Harvest Daily Devotion for 10/8/2012

Kept in Heavenly Storage

Now when He had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each having a harp, and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints.
Revelation 5:8

There are times when life just doesn't seem fair. Things happen that don't make sense, and we wonder why God didn't answer our prayer.

But He will answer your prayer—in His way, for His glory, in His time.

Revelation 5:8 gives us this interesting detail about heaven: "The twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each having a harp, and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints." When we are in heaven and are standing before God's throne, and when those golden bowls, full of prayers, are brought before us, we will realize that God heard every little prayer that we prayed. And I think we also will understand that His answer was far better than what we asked for in the moment.

We will realize that God overruled something we asked for because it wasn't the best prayer. What we don't realize today is this hardship or this tragedy or this inexplicable event ultimately will lead to that event, which will touch that person, which will affect that situation over there.

It will be like a long chain reaction that will produce this, this, and this, all for God's glory. So that thing you wanted had to go away, or that circumstance had to arise to produce those other things, and ultimately you will give God the glory. In the meantime, you will have to trust Him, knowing that it all will be revealed in heaven when we stand before the Lord.

Some prayers are answered right away. But others are being kept in heavenly storage for an answer to come.

Not only does God keep our tears in a bottle (see Psalm 56:8), but He also keeps our prayers in a bowl. God never throws our prayers away. He stores them for us.

Have a great blessed week guys!!!

<><
Sean
Old 10-09-2012, 07:22 AM
Tech Adept

Never, Never, Never

For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."
Hebrews 13:5b

As prime minister of England, Winston Churchill returned to address the students at Harrow School, his alma mater, on October 29, 1941. The previous year, London had weathered, and survived under Churchill's leadership, the withering attacks of the German Air Force in what became known as the Battle of Britain. When Churchill addressed the Harrow students, he told them, "This is the lesson: never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never -- in nothing, great or small, large or petty -- never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense..."

Even with best intentions, sometimes human determination runs out. But God's determination never stops. To paraphrase Churchill, God never stops loving -- never, never, never, never. The apostle Paul pictured God's love in Christ like a constantly flowing stream that nothing could interrupt. He wrote that nothing "shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 8:39).

Sometimes it's easy to feel like God has stopped loving, or that we've been separated from His love. But feelings don't win the war. Never giving in to them does.

The true measure of God's love is that He loves without measure.
Unknown

Nothing from Pastor Greg just yet but when I get it I'll send it over.

Have a great day everybody. God Bless you all!!!

<><
Sean
Old 10-10-2012, 07:25 AM
Tech Adept

The Lion and the Lamb

But one of the elders said to me, "Do not weep. Behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has prevailed to open the scroll and to loose its seven seals."
Revelation 5:5

Years ago, when I was in Ethiopia, I had the opportunity to visit a zoo there. I was surprised at how visitors could get much closer to the animals than other zoos would typically allow. So my friends and I walked up to one cage where a lion was sitting quietly in the corner. He was the most underfed lion I had ever seen; he almost looked half-dead.

Suddenly my friend—who knows why—started to shake the bars of the cage. Keeping in mind that this lion, though underfed, was still a lion, I took a few steps back. And sure enough, the lion sprung toward us and roared. I think hair started growing out of my head at that moment. This lion's roar was unforgettable, not to mention his teeth. No wonder they call him the king of the jungle.

I love the fact that the Bible presents Jesus as both a lion and a lamb. What a perfect picture. What is more impressive than a ferocious lion? And what is meeker than a little lamb?

I find it amazing that this Lion, with all His power, came to earth as a submissive lamb. The Bible says, "He was led as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before its shearers is silent, so He opened not His mouth" (Isaiah 53:7).

When Jesus stood before Pontius Pilate, He could have overpowered him and the Roman garrison with a word. But He didn't. Instead, He submitted as a lamb and died for the sins of the world. And this Lamb still bears on His resurrected body the effects of the crucifixion. The only manmade effects in heaven are the marks of the crucifixion. And throughout all eternity, they will serve as reminders of what Jesus did for us.

Carry Me

...and in the wilderness where you saw how the Lord your God carried you, as a man carries his son, in all the way that you went until you came to this place.
Deuteronomy 1:31

It happens any place that the journey lasts longer than the strength in the little legs of a small child. That child looks up at her parent and says, with arms lifted toward heaven, "Carry me." Few parents can resist such an opportunity to hold a little one close, to be strong when the little one is weak, to take the child where it cannot go on its own. Even if the parent is already tired, love for the child overcomes all.

When Israel stumbled out of slavery in Egypt, taking halting steps as a childish nation, there were many times when God carried her in the wilderness, "as a man carries his son." There were many times when God provided, protected, and persevered with His nation-child on the basis of love alone. When Israel, the child, had nothing to give to God except her needs, God loved "in spite of" and guided her toward the home He had promised her.

If you are weak today, in need of being carried, lift your arms toward your heavenly Father and say, "Carry me, Abba" (Romans 8:15). When we are weak, His love is strong (2 Corinthians 12:10).

The work which His goodness began, the arm of His strength will complete.
Augustus M. Toplady

Have a great day everybody!!!

<><
Sean
Old 10-10-2012, 05:47 PM
Suspended

Thank you so much brother! I needed that today!

Originally Posted by HESaves View Post
The Lion and the Lamb

But one of the elders said to me, "Do not weep. Behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has prevailed to open the scroll and to loose its seven seals."
Revelation 5:5

Years ago, when I was in Ethiopia, I had the opportunity to visit a zoo there. I was surprised at how visitors could get much closer to the animals than other zoos would typically allow. So my friends and I walked up to one cage where a lion was sitting quietly in the corner. He was the most underfed lion I had ever seen; he almost looked half-dead.

Suddenly my friend—who knows why—started to shake the bars of the cage. Keeping in mind that this lion, though underfed, was still a lion, I took a few steps back. And sure enough, the lion sprung toward us and roared. I think hair started growing out of my head at that moment. This lion's roar was unforgettable, not to mention his teeth. No wonder they call him the king of the jungle.

I love the fact that the Bible presents Jesus as both a lion and a lamb. What a perfect picture. What is more impressive than a ferocious lion? And what is meeker than a little lamb?

I find it amazing that this Lion, with all His power, came to earth as a submissive lamb. The Bible says, "He was led as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before its shearers is silent, so He opened not His mouth" (Isaiah 53:7).

When Jesus stood before Pontius Pilate, He could have overpowered him and the Roman garrison with a word. But He didn't. Instead, He submitted as a lamb and died for the sins of the world. And this Lamb still bears on His resurrected body the effects of the crucifixion. The only manmade effects in heaven are the marks of the crucifixion. And throughout all eternity, they will serve as reminders of what Jesus did for us.

Carry Me

...and in the wilderness where you saw how the Lord your God carried you, as a man carries his son, in all the way that you went until you came to this place.
Deuteronomy 1:31

It happens any place that the journey lasts longer than the strength in the little legs of a small child. That child looks up at her parent and says, with arms lifted toward heaven, "Carry me." Few parents can resist such an opportunity to hold a little one close, to be strong when the little one is weak, to take the child where it cannot go on its own. Even if the parent is already tired, love for the child overcomes all.

When Israel stumbled out of slavery in Egypt, taking halting steps as a childish nation, there were many times when God carried her in the wilderness, "as a man carries his son." There were many times when God provided, protected, and persevered with His nation-child on the basis of love alone. When Israel, the child, had nothing to give to God except her needs, God loved "in spite of" and guided her toward the home He had promised her.

If you are weak today, in need of being carried, lift your arms toward your heavenly Father and say, "Carry me, Abba" (Romans 8:15). When we are weak, His love is strong (2 Corinthians 12:10).

The work which His goodness began, the arm of His strength will complete.
Augustus M. Toplady

Have a great day everybody!!!

<><
Sean
Old 10-11-2012, 06:14 AM
Tech Adept

What Is the Rapture?
Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words.
1 Thessalonians 4:17–18

One day, perhaps sooner than we expected, every person will enter into eternity. However, heaven is not the default destination of the nonbeliever; it is the hope of the person who has put his or her faith in Jesus Christ.

If you are a Christian, you will go to heaven and will get there in one of two ways: death or the Rapture.

Whenever the subject of the Rapture comes up, there are a lot of questions. Some critics like to point out that you won't find the word "rapture" in the Bible. But that depends on what kind of Bible you have. If you have a Latin translation, then you have the word rapturous, from which our word "rapture" is derived. And the word rapturous comes from the Greek word harpazō, which is mentioned 13 times in the New Testament.

The most well-known verse that refers to the event we call the Rapture is found in 1 Thessalonians 4:16–17: "For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord."

That term, "caught up" is translated from that Greek word harpazō, which means to take forcibly, to snatch, or to catch up. And that is what the Rapture will be.

Imagine this: you will be going about your business one day when suddenly, in a moment that is so rapid it can't even be measured in human time, you will be caught up into God's presence, and you will be reunited with your loved ones. Best of all, you will be face-to-face with Jesus Himself.

REDeemed

I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
Galatians 2:20

The blood of Jesus. His sacrifice sets Christianity apart from every other religion. It's the foundation of our salvation. The eternal guarantee of His love for us. No other love -- the love of a spouse, a child, a friend -- can compare with the extravagant love of God poured out through the precious blood of His only Son.

Yet some songwriters, authors, and -- sad to say -- preachers stay away from mentioning the blood of Jesus. They feel it's too offensive. In fact, the opposite is true. "Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends" (John 15:13). The deepest love we can experience as humans is directly tied to the blood of Jesus. And His all-encompassing love is beyond human understanding: He not only died for His friends, He died for His enemies (Romans 5:8-10).

Explore what Jesus has said and demonstrated of His love through His death on the cross. It will help you grasp how dearly and passionately God loves you. And above all, thank Him for His precious blood.

I thought I could have leaped from earth to heaven at one spring when I first saw my sins drowned in the Redeemer's blood.
Charles Spurgeon

Have a great day!!!

<><
Sean

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service