Do you know what God did for you so you could go to heaven >

Do you know what God did for you so you could go to heaven

Do you know what God did for you so you could go to heaven

Old 03-13-2005, 10:23 AM
Tech Regular

Default Do you know what God did for you so you could go to heaven

i seen this thought i would pass it along

1. Please read this now if possible.
2. You can find this same info. at www.thepassionofthechrist.blogspot.com if you want to read it later.
3. Please share this with your family and friends.

In an effort to appeal to a wider audience including those kept from viewing "The Passion of The Christ" because of its depictions of brutal violence, Mel Gibson is releasing a tamer version of the film March 11 called "The Passion Recut."

Gibson has edited at least six minutes out of the original film and is substituting different camera angles to show less blood and gore in the graphic scenes of the torture, scourge and crucifixion of Christ.

"The Passion Recut" has no rating, unlike "The Passion of The Christ" which had an R rating. Even though the film has no rating it is still probably too intense for children, but Mel hoped to make it more available for teens.

Mel Gibson's The Passion of the Christ is considered by some to be an offensive movie. Why? Does it contain sex or bad language? No. It's because it is the brutal and graphic depiction of the death of Jesus Christ. The Book of Isaiah prophesied that this brutal death would take place--the Messiah would be, ". . . bruised for our iniquities" and yet we are further told, ". . . it pleased the Lord to bruise him." (See Isaiah 53:5-10). What does this mean, and how does it affect you?

A small boy was once forbidden by his father from touching an antique vase. One day the child not only touched it, he accidentally broke it. But he wasn't concerned because he thought it could be easily replaced. When the father found out it was broken, he told his son that it was worth $25,000. It was only when the child understood the vase's true value that he saw the seriousness of his transgression and felt sorrow of heart. When the father saw that the child was truly sorry, he said, "Son, it's going to cost everything I have, but because I love you I will replace it myself."

To understand what an incredible thing God has done for you, let's look at your transgressions for a moment. Have you kept the Ten Commandments? Have you always loved God above all else? Or have you made a god to suit yourself? Have you ever used God's name to curse? Have you kept the Sabbath holy, and honored your father and mother? Have you hated anyone? God considers hatred to be as murder. Jesus said, "Whoever looks upon a woman to lust after her has committed adultery with her already in his heart" (this includes sex before marriage). Have you looked with lust? Have you stolen anything? (The value of the item is irrelevant). Have you lied? (Including answering these questions). Have you ever desired what belongs to others? The Bible warns that the Day will come when God will punish all murderers, rapists, thieves, liars, adulterers, etc. He will even judge our words and thoughts. So, on Judgment Day will you be guilty or innocent? Perhaps you think that God is good, and He will overlook your sins. But it is His goodness that will make sure that murderers, rapists, thieves, liars, etc. receive justice. Or perhaps you think that your good deeds will outweigh the bad on that Day, but the fact that a criminal gives to charities has nothing to do with his crime. All the good works in the world will not bribe God to forgive your sins. Every transgression will be punished.

Can you see that you have broken the "vase" into a thousand pieces, and you can't make things right yourself? But God became a sinless Man to make us righteous in His sight. The horror of the cross reveals how angry He is about sin. The fact that He sees lust as adultery and hatred as murder shows us its serious nature, and that fact should help us feel sorrow for what we have done.

Think of what God did to make things right. Jesus of Nazareth was brutally bruised for our iniquities . . . "yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him." God loves you so much it pleased Him to make things right through the Cross, then He defeated the grave through the resurrection. The Bible says, "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes on Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." Make sure that you trust put your trust in Jesus to save you or you will come under His fierce wrath, and end up in Hell.

God doesn't want that to happen, so confess your sins directly to Him right now (you may not have tomorrow), put your trust in Jesus to save you, and you will pass from death to life. "For if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved" (Romans 10: 9). Pray something like this: (Say out loud if possible) "Jesus, I am a sinner and ask You to forgive me of my wrong doings. I believe You love me and want to save me. I believe that You bled and died on the cross to pay the penalty for my sins. I believe God raised You from the dead. I want to spend eternity in heaven with You. I receive You now as my Savior, my Lord, and my God. Amen."

If you prayed the prayer and meant it, God heard you and has come into you. He has saved you and has given you a new life, because you've been born again and your name is written in the lamb's book of life. You are now a born again believer and a Christian son or daughter of God and you will spend eternity in heaven. Welcome to the family of God.

Salvation is not a reward but a gift. The Bible says it this way, "For it is by GRACE you have been SAVED, through faith and this not from yourselves, it is the GIFT of God." (Ephesians 2:8 )

Jesus said, " ... and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out." (John 6:37)

Nothing in this world is more important than the redemption that only Jesus can give.

The Bible says, "In Him(Jesus) we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins..." (Ephesians 1:7)

Now you are ready to discover your purpose in this life. Begin to walk with God daily by reading the bible and fellowshipping with other believers. Let the spirit of God work in and through you as you begin this new life.

(Luke 15:10) I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.
(II Corinthians) Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

Start reading the Bible beginning with the gospel of John..

If you haven't decided yet, please make the only wise decision and walk through this door of forgiveness before it's eternally too late. We don't know exactly when we will die, this is why it is so important to get saved today because you may die prematurely in a traffic accident, terrorist attack or something else before you get another chance.

The Bible speaks of two places that we will spend eternity, either Heaven or Hell (a place of eternal torment). Wouldn't it be great to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that no matter what happens from this day forward you are Heaven bound? Oh friend, it would be terrible to die and go to Hell when all you have to do is accept Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior.

Links
www.thepassionofthechrist.com - The Passion of The Christ - Official Movie Website
www.thepassionrecut.com - The Passion Recut - Official Movie Website
www.tbn.org/index.php/8/1.htmlTBN - Free Video Gallery
www.blueletterbible.org - Free Online Bible
www.audio-bible.com - Audio-Bible
www.gospelcom.net
www.coralridge.org - Coral Ridge Ministries
www.johnankerberg.org - Ankerberg Theological Research Institute - The John Ankerberg Show
www.needhim.org - 1-888-NEED HIM - Why Am I Here? What Makes My Life So Hard? Answers to Life's Greatest Questions
www.thehopevideo.com - The HOPE Video
www.jesusfilm.org - The JESUS Film Project - reaching every nation
www.oneplace.com
www.myfaith.com
www.seekgod.org - Seek God, Find God, Know God, Information to help you know God through Jesus
Christ
www.jesuswho.org - Jesus Who? Homepage - Learn about Jesus of Nazareth, obtain information
about Jesus Christ, God's Son, humanity's Savior & Lord
www.carm.org - Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry
www.answersingenesis.org - Answers in Genesis - Creation, Evolution, Christian Apologetics
www.christiananswers.net - Christian Answers Network: Answers, reviews, ministry resources, and more!
www.creationevidence.org - Creation Evidence Museum - Can we Know the God of Creation? Who Am I? Where Did I Come From? What Is My Purpose Here? Where Am I Going? Learn the scientific evidence for creation and the answers to many of life's important questions
www.biblegateway.com - Free Online Bible
www.jvim.com - Jack Van Impe Ministries International - Bible Endtime Prophecy
www.hallindseyoracle.com - Hal Lindsey Oracle - Bible Endtime Prophecy
www.watch.org - White House & World News
www.drdino.com - Creation Science Evangelism