Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > Club Forums > R/C Racers 4 Christ
help out a fellow believer >

help out a fellow believer

help out a fellow believer

Old 02-23-2005, 06:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default help out a fellow believer

i have a question. i was told today that in order to get to heaven u have to have a personal relationship with Christ, and they said that u cant just know who he is.

i thought that u only had to believe that he is God, and that He died for our sins, and u that got u into heaven, but the person that i heard all this from said that wont get u into heaven by itself. is this true?
Old 02-23-2005, 07:24 PM
Tech Adept

Basically it all comes down to this:

“If you confess with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved” (Romans 10:9-10).

I think if you REALLY believe and do that, you automatically get a relationship with Jesus. So your friend is sorta right...probably what they meant is that you need to accept Jesus if you want to be saved. Therefore you must do what I quoted above.

However, that is ENOUGH to save you, you need not do anymore. Actually, doing more good things (to try and 'earn' salvation) sorta insults the sacrifice of Jesus.

“Know that a man is not justified by observing the Law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we too have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not observing the Law, because by observing the Law no one will be justified...I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the Law, Christ died for nothing!” (Galatians 2:16-21).

That is:

Christ died for nothing, if salvation is gain through the Law.

Christ died for nothing, if salvation is gained through baptism.

Christ died for nothing, if salvation can be gained by observing certain days.

Christ died for nothing, if one can join an organization (or a church for that matter) in order to be saved.

Yes, Christ died for nothing if salvation can be attained through good works.

So... If salvation is not gained through good works why do we do good works in the first place?

James said:
“What good is it my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him?... In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action is dead” James.2:17

So if you TRUELY believe in Jesus (ie have Faith in Him), you should try and do the right thing.

So to get to heaven all you have to do is what I first quoted...BUT if you TRUELY did what I first quoted, you will also do other things, because you Love Jesus and want to do what He wants.

Last edited by Stealthy Ninja; 02-23-2005 at 07:31 PM.
Old 02-23-2005, 07:33 PM
Tech Adept

Let me add something, if you confess that JEsus is Lord. That means you believe that he is God and he died for our sins. He is Lord of your life too.

Let me add another point. Now this is sorta debatable, but it is what I believe:

While we will sin, if we continue to rebel against God and turn away from Him, this will grieve the Holy Spirit. EDIT --> Which the Bible says is an unforgiveable sin. <--- EDIT SEE BELOW.

So we should continually pray for forgiveness and try and stay true to the Lord.

Last edited by Stealthy Ninja; 02-25-2005 at 12:44 AM.
Old 02-24-2005, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Stealthy Ninja
Let me add something, if you confess that JEsus is Lord. That means you believe that he is God and he died for our sins. He is Lord of your life too.

Let me add another point. Now this is sorta debatable, but it is what I believe:

While we will sin, if we continue to rebel against God and turn away from Him, this will grieve the Holy Spirit. Which the Bible says is an unforgiveable sin.

So we should continually pray for forgiveness and try and stay true to the Lord.
WAIT Just a minute
The Bible says that the only unforgivable sin is Blasphamy of the HOLY SPIRIT which is different from greaving the HOLY SPIRIT.
It Greaves the Fathers Heart when We sin as HE hates Sin. When I continue to rebel against the LORD I am only leavign doors open for the Enemy to come in and play havic in my life.
DO I belive once saved always saved...well kinda.
I believe that if you are truely saved you will never get too far from his Grace. I too walked a fine line between walking in the World and walking witht he Lord.
While I was saved I still was using Methanphetamens (Crystal Meth) habitualy and I believe I was still saved just not walkign closely with Him...I fealt the conviction and then finaly gave it to the LORD and He removed it from my life. It took another three years of fighting cancer and fighting GOD before I gave up the Cigarettes...Through HIS Strength not my own.
While Yes it hurts the Spirit it isn't blasphamy.
That only accours when you know SPIRIT is inside you and want it out so you can do what you want to in your Flesh. Basicly Rejecting GOD, CHRIST & HOLY SPIRIT and wantign them removed from your life forever even though you know the consiquences.
Remember I spell like a fifth graded.
I hope this sheads some light on this subject and I am not trying to say you are wrong just that I am trying to share what I know to be the truth.
Thanks for Listening
-Stephen <><
Old 02-25-2005, 12:43 AM
Tech Adept

Sorry, I was wrong you are right. In Mt 12:31-32 Jesus says BLASPHEMING THE SPIRIT is an unforgivable sin.

What is the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit?
a. It is attributing Jesus' power to an unclean spirit - cf. Mk 3:28-30
b. It is ascribing the work of the Holy Spirit to Satan (B.W. Johnson)

+ the things you said Stephen

http://www.ccel.org/contrib/exec_outlines/hs/hs_12.htm

1TH 5:11 Therefore encourage one nother, and build up one another, just as you also are doing.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:49 PM
Tech Regular

Default Sho .21

Sho,

Let me see if I can also help....

Personal vs. Knowing

I know Jesus, I believe in him, so does the Devil.....

I give my life to Christ, he gives me a better one back through following his word. The Devil knows what Jesus offers but does not desire to worship him anymore...

The question is do both of us know who Jesus is and what he offers... YES. However, I CHOOSE to have Jesus personally involved in my life, guiding me and usually carrying me when I need it.

So the real question is do you feel that Jesus is activly involved in your daily life? Do you speek to him and his father daily? Do you put your faith in his death at the cross to allow you to stand in the presence of GOD the Father when you die? If yes then he's personal.

But if you think he's this really special guy who loved us all, and was a good teacher of moral character, your still unsaved by the cleansing that came through Jesus dying at the cross.

I know this debate is often presented to Catholic's... Is this your case?
Old 03-07-2005, 10:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Sho .21

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ChrisCrash
[B]Sho,

Let me see if I can also help....

Personal vs. Knowing

I know Jesus, I believe in him, so does the Devil.....

I give my life to Christ, he gives me a better one back through following his word. The Devil knows what Jesus offers but does not desire to worship him anymore...

The question is do both of us know who Jesus is and what he offers... YES. However, I CHOOSE to have Jesus personally involved in my life, guiding me and usually carrying me when I need it.

So the real question is do you feel that Jesus is activly involved in your daily life? Do you speek to him and his father daily? Do you put your faith in his death at the cross to allow you to stand in the presence of GOD the Father when you die? If yes then he's personal.

But if you think he's this really special guy who loved us all, and was a good teacher of moral character, your still unsaved by the cleansing that came through Jesus dying at the cross.

u know, u may think i'm stupid, but, i dunno. i honestly dont know. i believe in him, i know hes there, but, i dont know if i'm saved or not. people who r around me would probably be astonished to hear that i believe in God because of the things i say all the time. i hate going to church, i hate going to youth group, mainly becasue i dont like sitting there for two hours, becasue i'm one of those that hates to sit still for a long period of time. so maybe, i'm not saved, but, i dunno what else to do. i pray for it all the time, but, the next day i feel the same exact way i did the day before, and act the same exact way i did the day before.

i want to thank everyone for all the help u have given me so far. u seem like all good people, and i hope u all stay that way.
Old 03-08-2005, 08:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Sho .21

[QUOTE]Originally posted by sho .21
[B]
Originally posted by ChrisCrash
Sho,

u know, u may think i'm stupid, but, i dunno. i honestly dont know. i believe in him, i know hes there, but, i dont know if i'm saved or not. people who r around me would probably be astonished to hear that i believe in God because of the things i say all the time. i hate going to church, i hate going to youth group, mainly becasue i dont like sitting there for two hours, becasue i'm one of those that hates to sit still for a long period of time. so maybe, i'm not saved, but, i dunno what else to do. i pray for it all the time, but, the next day i feel the same exact way i did the day before, and act the same exact way i did the day before.

i want to thank everyone for all the help u have given me so far. u seem like all good people, and i hope u all stay that way.
You are not stupid.
You are what I called the cross roads period.
You are unsure about your salvation
You are unsure of what you know in your mind and what you feel in your heart.
Man this is a good thing. It is called spiritual warfare.
It is the Lord putting the things that glorify Him in your heart and at the same time the Enemy is making you feel uncofortable, unsure, & even unclean.
I was a Salior for six years and swore like I have been serving for 20. I did drugs, I smoked, I got drunk....I did alot of things and when I came to know the Lord Jesus personaly I felt the spirit telling me to cast away all those things.....I was not sure if Christianity was for me. But I am going to do for you what some realy good people did for me. I am going to PRAY.
"Heavely Father I come before you now and Pray for this Brother that he is one of your children and that You promised to never leave us or forsake us. He is having doughts Father and he needs your help and incougagement. Your Word says that you are a Father of Love, of sound mind and many other things Lord but You also said your are not of Confusion. So God I Pray that you would not allow the Enemy to prey opon this young brother. I pray Lord that you would fill his Heart with peace only You can bring. Cast a hedge of protection around him and draw him close to you Lord Jesus and give him strength and encouragement LORD. I Pray these things in the Name Of JESUS....Amen"
SO Brother I pray that you would take all these things that are causing doughts and take them in prayer to the Cross and to some brothers that are a bit more along in there walks to pray for you and to help keep an eye on you. Tell them where you are struggling. That is what a family (body of Christ) is suppost to do.
I will show you what I mean.
Everyone that reads this.
I know you love the Lord and that you will Pray for me.
I am having a very hard time forgiving my Step-Father...He his sinned against me but I am still harboring bitterness toward him.
Please pray the Lord would soften my heart towards him.
Now sho.21 take it to others that are around you daily.
The Father will hear there prayers as well.
May God Bless you and Keep you.
Stephen <><
Old 03-08-2005, 04:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Re: Re: Sho .21

Originally posted by Mr. Shookie
You are not stupid.
You are what I called the cross roads period.
You are unsure about your salvation
You are unsure of what you know in your mind and what you feel in your heart.
Man this is a good thing. It is called spiritual warfare.
It is the Lord putting the things that glorify Him in your heart and at the same time the Enemy is making you feel uncofortable, unsure, & even unclean.
I was a Salior for six years and swore like I have been serving for 20. I did drugs, I smoked, I got drunk....I did alot of things and when I came to know the Lord Jesus personaly I felt the spirit telling me to cast away all those things.....I was not sure if Christianity was for me. But I am going to do for you what some realy good people did for me. I am going to PRAY.
"Heavely Father I come before you now and Pray for this Brother that he is one of your children and that You promised to never leave us or forsake us. He is having doughts Father and he needs your help and incougagement. Your Word says that you are a Father of Love, of sound mind and many other things Lord but You also said your are not of Confusion. So God I Pray that you would not allow the Enemy to prey opon this young brother. I pray Lord that you would fill his Heart with peace only You can bring. Cast a hedge of protection around him and draw him close to you Lord Jesus and give him strength and encouragement LORD. I Pray these things in the Name Of JESUS....Amen"
SO Brother I pray that you would take all these things that are causing doughts and take them in prayer to the Cross and to some brothers that are a bit more along in there walks to pray for you and to help keep an eye on you. Tell them where you are struggling. That is what a family (body of Christ) is suppost to do.
I will show you what I mean.
Everyone that reads this.
I know you love the Lord and that you will Pray for me.
I am having a very hard time forgiving my Step-Father...He his sinned against me but I am still harboring bitterness toward him.
Please pray the Lord would soften my heart towards him.
Now sho.21 take it to others that are around you daily.
The Father will hear there prayers as well.
May God Bless you and Keep you.
Stephen <><
thank u so much Mr. Shookie and everyone else for that matter. i will pray that u will be able to forgive ur step father for whatever he did to u. I will also ask other people to pray as well, and hopefully everything will work out, and u will have a good relation ship with him from now on. thanks
Old 03-09-2005, 07:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

There are a lot of words here, that bounce off a lot of walls( sorry guys). simply put, the original question can be answered like this.....Yes, all you need is faith. The only way you can show you have faith is by having faith when you do things.(works)
If you have a dead faith it means that you
aren't doing anything that proves that Jesus is Lord in your life. And remember, even satan believes that Jesus is the Son of God.
Old 03-09-2005, 06:13 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by bubbajr
There are a lot of words here, that bounce off a lot of walls( sorry guys). simply put, the original question can be answered like this.....Yes, all you need is faith. The only way you can show you have faith is by having faith when you do things.(works)
If you have a dead faith it means that you
aren't doing anything that proves that Jesus is Lord in your life. And remember, even satan believes that Jesus is the Son of God.
It needs to be said that doing good stuff doesn't get you in heaven though. The thief on the cross was saved, and how many good works did he do?!
Old 03-10-2005, 03:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

he cofessed to the crowd what he believed. Someone had to have heard this, as it was written down. This is still classes as "works" for at the most horrible time, he did something.
Old 03-10-2005, 07:02 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by bubbajr
he cofessed to the crowd what he believed. Someone had to have heard this, as it was written down. This is still classes as "works" for at the most horrible time, he did something.
Yes. But Jesus already said he was gonna be with him in paradise. Therefore his good works did nothing to help him be saved.

LOL
Old 03-10-2005, 07:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

so what we're all saying here is that good works are basically useless to get us into heaven right? i mean, thats what i've been getting from all this
Old 03-10-2005, 08:56 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by sho .21
so what we're all saying here is that good works are basically useless to get us into heaven right? i mean, thats what i've been getting from all this
The verses are
:
8For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith–and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God (Grace)– 9not by works, so that no one can boast. 10For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Ephesians 2:8-10

So we are saved by God through Jesus, not by anything we do. BUT we are made to do good works. So if you are saved, you'll probably have some desire to do good works.

That said, Satan doesn't want Christians to do good works. A Christian has two sides, the Holy Spirit talking to them to show them the right way, and the tempations of the devil. Often the Holy Spirits way is harder, so many Christians don't do what is right (myself included at times...well too often). But as Christians we must TRY to listen to what the Holy Spirit says and say no to the devil.

I think the above verses are encouraging us to do good things, but (as Christians) we are not going to hell if we don't do anything good, we are just going to miss out of the rewards God has in storage for us either to give in Heaven or on Earth. If we fail to do His will, we will fail to gain these blessings. So it's our choice.

But good works will not get us one step closer to heaven (or further away).

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service