Davinci Code Fact or Fiction >

Davinci Code Fact or Fiction

Davinci Code Fact or Fiction

Old 02-04-2005, 07:43 AM
Tech Adept

Default Davinci Code Fact or Fiction

I ran across this article which is interesting:

http://www.revivaltimes.org/index.php/822.htm

The Davinci code is a dangerous book from a Christian perspective, because people are getting confused between fact and fiction.

Check out that article if you have read it and had doubts about the Christian faith.
Old 02-08-2005, 01:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Good topic Stealthy Ninja...

Many people are being deceived by this book.
Old 02-09-2005, 11:33 AM
Tech Adept

Yeah, as the Bible says, the love of money is the root of all evil. Dan Brown loves money enough to "twist" the truth to make money...and now see what happens.
Old 02-14-2005, 06:44 AM
Tech Addict

its a book, a work of fiction thats all, i wouldnt take it too seriously..

and as for dan browns book i read that the other week and it was boring as heck., dont bother !

Old 02-14-2005, 05:55 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I know of a better book to read...
The bee eye bee el ee...
Old 02-18-2005, 02:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Isn't it funny how people are so easily believing a complicated lie, but have a hard time believing the simple truth..

John
Old 02-21-2005, 11:50 AM
Regional Moderator

I saw a special on it on the National Geographic channel and it sounded like a load of BS. The author looked like he was making the stuff up as they were interviewing him.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

isn't the bible also a book of fiction?

**Not trying to fight with anyone or anything, just thought I'd ask the question because I was curious how you felt on this subject.**

I don't know much about the Da Vinci code because I've never read the book and probably never will.

Last edited by golgi; 03-21-2005 at 11:57 AM.
Old 03-21-2005, 12:19 PM
Tech Regular

No the bible is a book of truth. Everything is factual.

Do you doubt that Shakespeare wrote the things he wrote?
Old 03-21-2005, 12:50 PM
Tech Regular

I think Shakespeare wrote what he wrote. However, I'm no Shakespearean expert (I've only read a little as was required by classes) but I don't think any of those writings included people doing supernatural and superhuman acts. Much in the way I used to like reading Superman comics when I was younger. They had a great character who taught good lessons usually but doesn't mean that I believe them to be non-fiction.
Old 03-21-2005, 01:03 PM
Tech Regular

We in scientific terms when proving the authinticity of a writting there are about 2000 times the evidence that the bible was written as history tells us then what the evidence that has been used to prove Shakspear wrote what he wrote.

Let me ask you this. If you followed all the teachings in the bible would life not be better? Can you name one other book that would fit every question about human life.
Old 03-21-2005, 01:17 PM
Tech Regular

You've got a good point there John.

The reason why I originally posted. I'm kind of an rc fanatic. I like all things rc. Anyway, I usually post over in the Nebraska forum. Rcknight made a thread there pointing people to this forum so I just thought I'd check it out. It's always cool to what type of stuff fellow rc fanatics are into.

Seems like you all have a good club going here. But when I saw the post about the Davinci Code, I got really interested. Like I said, I've never read the book but have heard about it on tv several times. A friend said he read it and thought it was pretty interesting. Honestly, even though I'd like to personally see what all the commotion is about with that book by reading it, I doubt that I will be doing that. Anyway, I just thought it was interesting when I saw several people saying that this book was fiction while claiming the bible is all facts. I personally don't believe it's facts but do think it has some good lessons in it. Just wanted to see why you thought the bible is factual, that's all.
Old 03-21-2005, 01:36 PM
Tech Regular

The bible is a powerful thing. Name any other book that people are executed for just because they have one in there possession? This still goes on today. There is no other piece of manuscript in this world like it.

I am no expert in the bible by any means. So take my word for what its worth.. I'd challenge you to prove the bible wrong.

Its hard for people to believe in the simple truth that the bible is fact. Just the fact that I have said that makes you un easy in yourself. It did me for years... I had to ask myself why that was? Evil rules this world today. Why is it easy for people to except evil things.....

If I formed a band put up a stage in the middle of a mall and sang songs about raping murdering and general destruction nobody would give it a second thought... If I did the same thing to sing about god people would become un-easy and try to avoid it.. If the word is not that powerful why would that be?
Old 03-21-2005, 02:05 PM
Tech Regular

Ever seen this exercise in action? There is a long line of people....at least 10. Anyway, the first person in line whispers the facts about a news story to the second person. Then that person whispers it to the next person and so on and so on. By the time the end of the line is reached, the facts are grossly distorted and exaggerated.

Such is the principle behind the bible not being fact. The ideas behind the stories are well intended but the fact that the stories have been told and re-told repeatedly over the centuries means that the stories are now badly exaggerated and should not be taken as fact.

When I started school, I was at a parochial school. I was fortunate to have two very learned professors. Both were theologians who are fairly well known in this area. One was a Christian and other was Jewish. Together they taught a religion class where they also came to the same conclusions. The bible is full of great stories that have good intentions behind them but should not be taken as fact because many are greatly exaggerated. I think this is a reasonable judgement.

Now to the subject of why people would be uncomfortable with the songs about God. The reason is that people are weary of other people pushing Christian ideals onto others because some people believe those ideals to be elitist. Others may be uncomfortable because they just don't share those views. Also people would be uncomfortable because usually most self proclaimed "Christian bands" are not as good musically as the non self proclaimed "Christian bands" on popular radio.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:37 PM
Tech Regular

The game you talked about is part of the proof..

Thats what I was talking about in prooving the truth about the bible. Everyone believes Shakespears writings were written by him because of all the reasurch has proven it that way. You have no dougt at all. But the bible has 2000+ times the proof and people say... How can it be true. There is 1000's of times more proof that the bible is fact and acurate then any peice of manuscript in the world.

People have spent years trying scientificly to prove it wrong. But after all the studies and all the resurch the results are the same scientificly. The bible is real.

Just because its popluar does not mean its "good" music. And just because they are a Christian group doesnt mean they are bad. I don't listen to much music anyway so what do I know..LOL

I still can't get around the fact that the bible remains the only book that answers lifes questions.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service