Search

Biblical questions...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Biblical questions...

I thought this would be a good thread to start. A place to ask questions and get loving answers.
Old 01-11-2005, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Default I'm struggling to understand...

1st Corinthians, Chapter 6, vs. 9 (Avoiding Sexual Sin)
Romans, Champter 8, vs 5-12 (Life in the Spirit)
1st John, Chapter 3, vs 4-9, (living as G-d's Children)
New Living Translation

These passages keep showing up in my study. I was wondering if this means that if a person continues to willfully sin, one will not inherit eternal life?

Last edited by RCknight; 01-13-2005 at 02:06 AM.
Old 01-12-2005, 03:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

It depends if one should know better, given the fact that willfully means that a decision was made.
Old 01-12-2005, 06:27 AM
PD2
Tech Master

Exactly! Its the fine-line difference between walking down the street and making a mindful decision to love your neighbor as yourself versus walking down the street and making a mindful decision to attack your neighbor and rob them at gun point.

Its almost like premeditated murder - I know this sounds horrible, but stick with me on this - premeditated murder is when the person prepared, thought through a plan and then executed the plan to commit murder. This would be the same thing as willfully sinning.

The opposite of this is unintentional acts or words that create or cause sin in your life to enter. You never meant to do or your heart was right, but the flesh did something it was not supposed to do. Bottom-line - it boils down to a heart issue! What was your heart at the time the sin occurred. For those sins that were not willfull we have forgiveness of sins through the blood of Jesus Christ! For those that are continual and willfull, judgement will come upon them at the time of rapture.

Hope that helps!

Be blessed!
PD2 B)
Old 01-12-2005, 10:02 PM
Tech Elite

Default Ok, that's what I was thinking.

What about a situation that would involve something like what I call "Shacking up." A sexual relationship outside the bounds of marrage between man/women while living together. Is this considered a willful act of disobedience and can you be saved by grace? Another situation, what if a person once divorces, later "Shacks up", what would be better? Marry that person and commit the act of sin of adultry which would seem like a willful act or going on sinning by the sexual act which is also a willful act. What could a person do? I know the right answer, but could a person be forgiven by the blood of Jesus Christ? If so, which way? Sorry, I'm just trying to help someone.
Old 01-12-2005, 11:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

The answer is YES! Two words that come to mind are "mercy" and "grace".These words are used by God many,many times. If by willfull disobedience we are sinning, and we all have done it at some point in our lives, then by God's mercy and Grace we are forgiven. By allowing God's forgiveness in our lives, we allow God to start ministering to our spirit, which brings about gentle correction. I know this because willfull disobedience was once a major part of my life. I once was blind......
Old 01-13-2005, 01:48 AM
Tech Elite

Default Amen....

thanks to Jesus.

Last edited by RCknight; 01-13-2005 at 02:04 AM.
Old 01-13-2005, 02:03 AM
Tech Elite

Default Yes, I believe that it's what is in our hearts.

It does seem the Bible teaches that believers are no longer slaves to sin. So there will be no excuses when we come before the judgment seat of Christ. Those Bible texts I mentioned earlier raise a red flag to me. Can anyone else chim in here about this topic? I'm still wondering.
Old 01-13-2005, 02:57 AM
PD2
Tech Master

Default Re: Yes, I believe that it's what is in our hearts.

Originally posted by RCknight
It does seem the Bible teaches that believers are no longer slaves to sin. So there will be no excuses when we come before the judgment seat of Christ. Those Bible texts I mentioned earlier raise a red flag to me. Can anyone else chim in here about this topic? I'm still wondering.
OK, so you are still wondering about the text references you made, right? Let's look at them:

1Corinthians 6:9 - Specifically, we must read verses in context. Look around at like verses 7-11. What we see is a much larger picture of those people who will not inherit the kingdom of God - they coincide with a lot of what is written in Revelations too. But specifically, look at all of them. Tell me which of them is not a daily choice of the heart for the person it describes? They are all choices that people make and include lust an perversions of the heart, mind and body! These are not people who accidently did something once here and there. These people make a decision of the heart, mind and soul to act up these spirits that they have upon them and turn their back on the mercy, love, grace and salvation of Jesus to free them from their bonds and ties to that which is flesh and not of the Spirit of God. Hence why Paul writes and says in verse 11 that some of them used to be like this, but they have been washed and sanctified and justified by the Lord Jesus Christ! See the church at Corinth had the moves of the spirit. They had miracles in their church, but they also had believers that still walked in these old lifestyles and Paul was giving correction about these things that they may see the wrong in their ways, repent and turn their hearts 100% to God! Anyone can say the sinners prayer and think they are saved. But until it is from the heart and fruit of the spirit reflects that which was imparted, they are still living under sin and a slave to it. They must place all of that upon the blood of Jesus and take on the full spirit of salvation in order for those things to be reomved from their life permanently.

Romans 8:5-12 - I love Romans as well as Paul! Again, he expresses in these passages exactly what I was saying above. In Paul's case, he is speaking to the Romans of course and to place things in context, he is having to talk to a group of people that believe in Greek Mythology and gods and godesses. With that, he has to place the message of Christ's salvation in terms that they will understand. Just as we, when we reach out to those that are lost, must place the message of Jesus Christ in terms they will understand and leave them with a decision that is clear. In fact, Paul refers to those things that are in 1Corinthians 6 - adulters, fornicators, etc. - as being carnally minded. This is just another way of referring to what I said before. Carnally mind is ignoring the heart changing experience of what God teaches us to be and continuing to do what the world does and the flesh wants. Making a mindful decision to do exactly what I want, that is contrary to the Love of Christ, is being carnally minded. And as we see Paul tells them - you either live in the Spirit with us and have eternal life or you live in the flesh and die - period.

1 John 3:4-9 - Yes! Jesus does take away our sins!! In fact, thank God we have salvation through Christ that allows our hearts to be personally judged against a rule that has no deviation from what God's heart is - to see you part of God's kingdom and not part of the fleshly world! Again, specifically, the sin that is talked about here is that sin which is mindfully done. Yes, it does cover the sin that we accidentally encounter in our lives - but that is why we have the grace and mercy of God through Jesus. Does that mean we just go sin it up and live how the flesh wants to and just at the end of every day we come back to Jesus and dump it on Him? No! Then we are leveraging a Godly law to do whatever we 24-7 and not serving and living a life that glorifies God! God tells us in Revelations that His son is not coming back for a lukewarm Christian. He is coming back for those that have purpose driven lives that are for Christ and God's kingdom! Remember, the least of us is the greatest and the greatest the least in servanthood! He is coming back for a people that are doing the work of God from their hearts not from the heads or carnally! If you truly have made the decision to follow Christ then you have the seed of God in you - it is up to us to water that seed daily with the Word of God and watch it take over those things that were once part of the flesh. Its not necessarily an overnight thing - but God can work a miracle like that and make that kind of change for sure! Our sin and flesh has been with us for a long time. We have to make mindful decisions daily, hourly and every minute of what we will and won't do and how it effects our walk with Christ. Remember, He always gives you a way out of sin and temptation that is offered up by the devil. If you heart is truly set on serving God, it will override the flesh and do the right thing.

I hope this has helped explain some more around these scriptures. I know that a lot of this is stuff I struggled with, but I continued to pray that the eyes of my understanding would open and that God would be revealed. And one day I saw where I was righteous and where I stood with Christ and God! I just give glory to God if any of this helps you or anyone see that light too!

Be blessed today and everyday of your life!
PD2
Old 01-13-2005, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

Default Thanks PD2....

well spoken and I'm glad to see how G-d is using you. It's always a struggle, but God can do all things.
Old 01-15-2005, 01:28 AM
Tech Elite

Default Well, another question...

the Spirit has helped me change, but there this something, I don't want to give up. What if in my heart, I don't want to change something? Is this not turning myself over to G-d 100%. One being video games and I like to play them. Is it a bad thing? Some I play are violent, but I don't feel that I'm enjoying them in the sense I get to kill what I think are real human beings. I am an adult. Any thoughts on this? Or maybe some justification for me to play them?

PD2, I know what you mean by the light, my eyes are also open. It's amazing how God's word is wisdom. I feel bad for those who's hearts won't let them see and understand what we do. God reveals himself to those that want to know him and you don't have to throw your brains in the trash to have faith in the Bible. Anybody read 'Darwin's Black Box'? I'm not sure on the author, but I'm told it's good. Any book recommendations?

Last edited by RCknight; 01-15-2005 at 01:42 AM.
Old 01-15-2005, 05:16 AM
PD2
Tech Master

Default Re: Well, another question...

Originally posted by RCknight
the Spirit has helped me change, but there this something, I don't want to give up. What if in my heart, I don't want to change something? Is this not turning myself over to G-d 100%. One being video games and I like to play them. Is it a bad thing? Some I play are violent, but I don't feel that I'm enjoying them in the sense I get to kill what I think are real human beings. I am an adult. Any thoughts on this? Or maybe some justification for me to play them?

PD2, I know what you mean by the light, my eyes are also open. It's amazing how God's word is wisdom. I feel bad for those who's hearts won't let them see and understand what we do. God reveals himself to those that want to know him and you don't have to throw your brains in the trash to have faith in the Bible. Anybody read 'Darwin's Black Box'? I'm not sure on the author, but I'm told it's good. Any book recommendations?
See, from what I understand of God and His Word, things like video games and even, for that matter, R/C's, can be things that turn into idol worship. For example, most recently, here in my area, one of the on-road tracks switched their races from Saturday to Sunday. When they did this, I posted on the forum that I would not be able to attend because I go to church to worship and praise God. Many were just like, "If I had to ask God for forgiveness of everything I did it would take millions of years, why go? Just come out and race!" At that point, thought the temptation was great to be steered toward racing (since I love to do this hobby so much), I knew that was not what God had called me to do.

What am I getting at? We put God first place, above all and anything that is in our lives - period! Anything else is idol worship or things and people which does not bring glory to Him. Now, does that mean that video games are evil and we shouldn't do them? No. It means that if you love God and love to be in His presence and worship Him more than playing your video games, then your life is right. We don't stop playing them. God loves to see His children having fun and enjoying themselves - but He requires, by His Word, that we place Him first in all that we do and make sure that nothing comes before Him. As long as you are doing that, then there is nothing wrong with playing video games or racing R/C. Just don't be caught playing video games all day Sunday or during your worship day and time instead of spending it with God. Notice how its a heart and desire thing again? It always seems to come back to what your heart is, huh?

And, regarding your faith comments, you are so right! Its like I say, when you draw near to God, He will draw nearer to you and reveal more and more. And the more we find out the more we see how big, wonderful and GREAT is our God!! Glory!!!!!!!!!

Book wise, I have never read Darwin's Black Box before. I usually read things by Dr. Mike Murdock, Dr. Hilton Sutton, Larry Hutton, etc. Dr. Hilton Sutton has an awesome, Bible based study book called "Revelations Revealed" that is awesome! Anyone totally affraid of Revelations and the "end times" should read that one - its the best Bible based interpretation, without fear and doom and gloom, of Revelations that I have read. As well as spot on accurate, from what I have read.

Have a blessed day!
PD2
Old 01-15-2005, 05:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

too much reading! Isn't there a bible with a heap of pictures?
Old 01-15-2005, 05:29 AM
PD2
Tech Master

Originally posted by bubbajr v.2
too much reading! Isn't there a bible with a heap of pictures?
There is always the Children's Pop-Up Bible version.

Just kidding!!

PD2
Old 01-15-2005, 05:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Tried that, but the Ark sank, the cross fell over, and when I got to revelations.....the book disapeared!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.