Old 01-29-2005, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Cancer and a loving wife to guild me.
Stephen <><
Old 02-02-2005, 08:24 PM
Tech Adept

Mother/Father.

I have been a Christian since I was 3!!! Drifted a little at times, but I always come back to HIM (Jesus).

Read two books that changed my life so have dedicated my life totally to HIM!

Purpose Driven Life - Rick Warren
The Most High God - Renald E. Showers

Most High God is a Commentary on the book of Daniel. It's amazing that God revealed to him (Daniel) the exact year the Messiah would be on the earth doing something important (to the day actually) read the book to find out more. Needless to say, it once and for all convinced me that JESUS IS LORD!!! When you have that total knowledge, it sets you free. Free from fear of death and the other things that hold you back. Live for Christ guys, it's the only way!!

Also, check out: The Jesus I never knew - by Philip Yancey It's a great book, and the writer is a journalist by trade, so it's not boring to read.
Old 02-02-2005, 10:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Same here...

Me to Stealthy Ninja. I also came to Christ at a very young age. I remember the prayer clearly, as tears rolled down my face in the middle of the night. My life was a mess. As an adult, I know now that God took pity on me.

I suffered from deep depression in my early teens as I drifted more from God. At one point, I nearly forgot about him. I continued to struggled with deep depression, wondering what the meaning of life was all about. I had a deep feeling of need, no matter how hard I tried, I could not find anything to fill the void.

I remember some thoughts, if I get this, or if I find this person, or if I accomplish this, when I got it, it never made me feel complete. That is the world's view of what is suppose to make a person happy. It always promises, but it never delivers.

It was not untill my wife's mother died of cancer that my wife needed comfort. Not coming from a Christian background, I had no answers other than just believe. You see, I thought I never needed to read the Bible. I thought I already knew what was right from wrong. Besides, I didn't want to find something that would make me disbelieve. You know, people say there are all these contradictions throughout the the Bible. I'm glad I made an effort to understand it, because man, were they wrong. It was the best decision I had ever made. My eyes are opened in a whole new way.

Yep, Jesus never said being a Christian would be easy. In fact, people will think less of you for being open hearted, vulnerable, humble, and meek

Last edited by RCknight; 02-07-2005 at 03:34 AM.
Old 02-03-2005, 12:38 AM
Tech Adept

Contractions in the Bible are just confused people Seriously, without the Holy Spirit people have trouble understanding sometimes.

Yeah, it's getting harder and harder to be a Christian these days. But that just makes us HARDCORE!!!
Old 02-03-2005, 02:08 AM
Tech Elite

Default Yea...

your right the cross can sound foolish to the nonbeliever.
Old 02-03-2005, 06:10 AM
Tech Adept

Yeah, like, why did God have to die. But it makes sense really. God is perfect, and just to spend a second in his perfectness knowing we are so bad/tainted (even the best of us) would be unbearable. Who then can pay the price for us so we don't have to face the second death?! I mean we all die twice (something a lot of people don't get). I'd rather die once while I am still alive and be born again so I don't need to die the second death after my physical death. That's the whole point, we (people) needed someone perfect to die in our place so we don't have to die twice. God loved us so much he sent His Son to die in our place. God is Great and no one can say other wise.

I was thinking today, before you could get to heaven if you lived a really good Jewish life. Now you can't get to heaven through doing good things...now it's much easier. You just have to accept Jesus is God, he died for our sins and rose from the dead in 3 days. You have to believe in your heart and confess with your mouth...and that's it. So simple it's hard to believe.
Old 02-21-2005, 04:22 PM
Tech Initiate

grew up in a christian family.
Old 02-22-2005, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Mine is a very interesting story

I grew up in a Christian home with Christian parents , went to church every Sunday, went to a Christian school my whole life, you'd think with that much Christian, It would be a slam dunk that I was a Christian, but that is not the case. I walked the aisle at age 9 but I really never understood what being saved was all about. So jump ahead 11 years to September 2002. It was Spiritual Emphasis Week at Liberty University (where I am a sophmore, freshman at the time) and Pastor Dave Early was speaking. I can't remember what the sermon was about but all that I remember was that when he gave the invitation I began to cry. With tears in my eyes I finally understood what it was all about and on September 2, 2002 I accepted Jesus Christ into my heart to stay forever. My life has not been the same since.
Old 02-23-2005, 07:35 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by trackdesigner71
Mine is a very interesting story

I grew up in a Christian home with Christian parents , went to church every Sunday, went to a Christian school my whole life, you'd think with that much Christian, It would be a slam dunk that I was a Christian, but that is not the case. I walked the aisle at age 9 but I really never understood what being saved was all about. So jump ahead 11 years to September 2002. It was Spiritual Emphasis Week at Liberty University (where I am a sophmore, freshman at the time) and Pastor Dave Early was speaking. I can't remember what the sermon was about but all that I remember was that when he gave the invitation I began to cry. With tears in my eyes I finally understood what it was all about and on September 2, 2002 I accepted Jesus Christ into my heart to stay forever. My life has not been the same since.
When I read this, all I could think was "PRAISE GOD!!!" See you in Heaven man!
Old 03-12-2005, 09:16 AM
Tech Adept

My folks paid for my education. I went to a lutheran school until 10th grade. 11th grade was my first yr in a public facility. Throughout college I was continiung down the wrong path. I mean I was way off the road. I know that Jesus walked with me through these times, but at that time I really didn't care. I was married and divorced in the span of 3 months. I continued down the wrong path and had a friend take me to his church. I started to realize that my problems were all part of his plans and that I needed some help. When I met my new wife we started going to Eugene Faith Center together and hanging out with people from the church. We were married there and 2 yrs ago and now have a 10 month old little girl. I thank God everyday for what I have and the troubles that are now gone.
Old 03-13-2005, 10:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default God is Good!!!!!

a

Last edited by Graphitedust; 03-27-2005 at 10:32 PM.
Old 04-16-2005, 06:07 PM

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Someone was asking about this thread

To the top!

It was not deleted, it just hadn't been posted on in 30 days!

Cmotif <><
Old 04-16-2005, 08:37 PM
Tech Elite

Default Thanks...

Cmotif.
Old 05-03-2005, 03:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

The beginning of my life was spent in a mennonite church. My family was kicked out (yes literally kicked out) b/c in order to continue business we got a liquor license at our restaurant. From then on until I was 21 I was miserable and jilted. I went to church every sunday at a different church of course and was confirmed etc... I was still miserable. When I was 18 I met my wife we dated for years both of us straying farther and farther from the path. We broke it off and during that time both of us came to find God. Our paths came together again and we have been married going on 2 years and very happy.

If there are any younger people that havn't read I kissed Dating goodbye you really should read it. A friend gave it to me after my breakup from my now wife and it really opened my eyes, and motivated me to seek Christ.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service