R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   R/C Racers 4 Christ (https://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-racers-4-christ-26/)
-   -   Anger and Resentment (https://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-racers-4-christ/604887-anger-resentment.html)

Owen RaCing 03-01-2012 10:01 PM

Anger and Resentment
 
I'm sorry if there is a thread like this already in here, I'd be fine to have it deleted if so :)

I wanted to talk a little bit with racers about how they deal with anger, hatred and resentment. I want to hear some suggestions, as this is something I'm trying to get over so my track day experience is that much better. :)

Thank You All, and God Bless.

LaTuFu 03-02-2012 05:16 AM

I guess I need to know a little bit more info before I can offer any suggestions.

Is it your own anger and resentment? Is it the anger and resentment of others?

What specific situation is the most challenging for you?

bowl806 03-02-2012 12:12 PM

if this is the case some people are naturally irritating and do/say things just to upset others. If this is the case learn just to shine them on and consider their source. When you show anger by punchuing things or cussing them out under your breath or to their face all you're doing is dealing with the devil on his own terms;step up to the next level and overlook those people or situations.

bowl806 03-02-2012 02:14 PM

let me clairfy "devil" Meaning something that is not glorifying the Lord or showing your attitude in a childish manner.

bowl806 03-02-2012 04:05 PM

I am merely trying to give the OP a suggestion that has helped me;forgive me if I offended you. Yes working out at a gym, yoga or a speed or punching bag would be helpful to relieve stress just as what I have suggested. Two terrific outlets to relieve tensions!

handicrawler 03-02-2012 08:32 PM

You want to know how to deal with the anger and resentment? Surrender it! That's right, get on your knees and surrender all you are holding in against someone else and give it to Jesus. If you are sincere, he will deliver you from your bitterness toward another person.

On track day, whether you are racing or hanging out in the pit. Go with an attitude that you are going to have fun and race hard. If there is someone there that you have friction with, pray for them before you go to the track. Pray for them when you get to the track. Be nice to them. What does Paul say in Romans about this? Romans 12:20 "On the contrary: "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head." In this context, Paul isn't telling you to try making them mad, but they will see your kindness and convict them of their sin toward you.

If you have a bad race or stuff is breaking, remember you are there to have fun. If you can't have fun doing it that day, pack your stuff and head for the ranch or hang out with your friends. I've been RC rock crawling for 5 years now and I went through all that. If I am having a bad day or break, I leave it broke, throw it in the bag, and hang out with my buddies.

Your track day is what you are going to make it. Attitude will reflect heart condition. I have been through this and can tell you that if you love others in your heart, you will show love in your attitude. Punching a bag may use up some aggressive energy, but it also doesn't fix the problem of why you are angry to begin with. It starts with a heart change. Take my advice. Surrender the anger and let Christ do the dirty work for you! :nod:

hunternaf 03-03-2012 06:38 AM


Originally Posted by handicrawler (Post 10413852)
You want to know how to deal with the anger and resentment? Surrender it! That's right, get on your knees and surrender all you are holding in against someone else and give it to Jesus. If you are sincere, he will deliver you from your bitterness toward another person.

On track day, whether you are racing or hanging out in the pit. Go with an attitude that you are going to have fun and race hard. If there is someone there that you have friction with, pray for them before you go to the track. Pray for them when you get to the track. Be nice to them. What does Paul say in Romans about this? Romans 12:20 "On the contrary: "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head." In this context, Paul isn't telling you to try making them mad, but they will see your kindness and convict them of their sin toward you.

If you have a bad race or stuff is breaking, remember you are there to have fun. If you can't have fun doing it that day, pack your stuff and head for the ranch or hang out with your friends. I've been RC rock crawling for 5 years now and I went through all that. If I am having a bad day or break, I leave it broke, throw it in the bag, and hang out with my buddies.

Your track day is what you are going to make it. Attitude will reflect heart condition. I have been through this and can tell you that if you love others in your heart, you will show love in your attitude. Punching a bag may use up some aggressive energy, but it also doesn't fix the problem of why you are angry to begin with. It starts with a heart change. Take my advice. Surrender the anger and let Christ do the dirty work for you! :nod:

Very well written and remember the change in human responce to the triggers of the anger and resentment take time and repeated attempts, having this kind of heart (attitude) is against the human human nature we all have developed living in a world of sin.

new2crawling 03-03-2012 10:53 AM


Originally Posted by Owen RaCing (Post 10409432)
I'm sorry if there is a thread like this already in here, I'd be fine to have it deleted if so :)

I wanted to talk a little bit with racers about how they deal with anger, hatred and resentment. I want to hear some suggestions, as this is something I'm trying to get over so my track day experience is that much better. :)

Thank You All, and God Bless.

what i was told was everytime you feel yourself getting angry pray god take this away it is not of you. got will help you get through it. and slash a heavy bag wont help anything its a temporary fix trust me i know, owen i learned from training for mma that breathing helps take slow controlled breaths it gets your heart rate down and takes your mind off of that person and put it on trying to control your heart rate

Dadic 78 03-04-2012 05:06 PM

I've gotta side with Slashguy here... I mean, he's given great suggestions, and listened to the OP's question with more clarity than anyone else has. Plus, let's be honest, hitting a bag, lifting some weights, etc... is a fantastic way of making every day stresses wash away...

I'm not much of a prayer guy (anymore), but slashguy is a good dude, with proper thoughts, and suggestions. Give him a break.

TrollStomper 03-04-2012 07:55 PM

Dealing with Anger/Resentment
 
(sorry I don't have enough posts for legitimate links)

My first source for truth is scripture:

h t t p: //bible.us/ Eph4.26.NASB

Eph 4:26 BE ANGRY, AND yet DO NOT SIN; do not let the sun go down on your anger

The reason being in the next verse:
27 and do not give the devil an opportunity

Anger is not a sin, but more like the idiot light on your dashboard, it's not the problem but it's a warning sign there is a problem.

Next I go to trusted biblical sources of wisdom greater than mine:

h t t p :// livingontheedge.org/home /freeResources/OvercomingEmotionsSignup.php

Chip Ingram is a powerful teacher, and a 1st generation believer like myself, so I relate to him well. The overcoming emotions series deals with anger issues and is worth your time to listen to it.

And I'm not sure the OP has responded with a clarification of whether he is dealing with external anger pointed toward him, or internal anger that is eating away at his peace.

TrollStomper 03-05-2012 03:45 AM


Originally Posted by slashguy4x4 (Post 10422158)
I think you only need one more post stomper of the trolls.

Excellent, let me take this one opportunity to shamelessly fill that quota. (purely as a test to verify, of course)

justpoet 03-06-2012 03:12 AM

As folks have stated throughout the thread, there are multiple kinds of anger.
Direction of anger/frustration is important to look at.

Am I angry because I'm competitive and I got outraced?
Am I angry because my car broke while I was coming around the final corner in first?
Am I angry because somebody t-boned my car, flipping it and breaking the shock tower?
Am I angry because a turn marshall stepped on my car?
Am I angry because it suddenly started to rain and flood the track?
Am I angry because I can't seem to drive around the course without flipping myself?
Am I angry because somebody won't stop talking smack?
Am I angry because I can't seem to stop swearing each time I mess up?
Am I angry because people are so rude to each other or are picking on somebody else?

All are anger and frustration, but not the same direction, or for the same reasons. As was mentioned, anger is somewhat of a sign that things aren't as they should be. It might be you, it might be others, it might be the situation.

Personally, I'm really competitive, so when I screw up or "get screwed" (such as said t-bone), I often find myself wanting to let out frustration. Sometimes it is a word, sometimes it is pounding the railing of the driver stand, etc... The best thing for me in such situations is to put it all in perspective and know that one of the reasons I'm there is to be an example. This helps remind me, and let me focus on what is important instead, and ask for help (I'm really forgetful though).

Sometimes, things can build up. It is these times that taking it out on a bag at the gym or any similar vigorous exercise are good. It allows you to work out the energy of the anger so you can think more clearly. The key is to not just work out the energy and think all is well, but to take time beyond that to see what is happening and deal with it...by prayer, decisions, etc as appropriate, like forgive the guy that stepped on your car.

Of course, frustration and anger that nobody stands up for something that isn't right is just. In this case, you're being angered and frustrated because you should be. Try to use it as motivation to enact change (though in this case, not with a fist...sorry, couldn't help it). Then again, Jesus flipped all the tables in the temple.

Then there's the stuff you just can't do anything about, like it suddenly raining. It is frustrating for sure, especially if you have a ways to go to get to the track and it wasn't supposed to rain. In these situations it really is best to just try and make the best of it and enjoy time with the friends and people around you, or take the time to get some of them more deeply...maybe that's the real reason it rained, so you could build the relationship and God could come up. One never knows.

I'm over tired right now with a headache, so I hope some of that actually made sense, but pray about it and ask to be shown how God wants you to deal with it to glorify Him.

pinballdude 03-07-2012 05:54 PM


Originally Posted by justpoet (Post 10428612)
As folks have stated throughout the thread, there are multiple kinds of anger.
Direction of anger/frustration is important to look at.

Am I angry because I'm competitive and I got outraced?
Am I angry because my car broke while I was coming around the final corner in first?
Am I angry because somebody t-boned my car, flipping it and breaking the shock tower?
Am I angry because a turn marshall stepped on my car?
Am I angry because it suddenly started to rain and flood the track?
Am I angry because I can't seem to drive around the course without flipping myself?
Am I angry because somebody won't stop talking smack?
Am I angry because I can't seem to stop swearing each time I mess up?
Am I angry because people are so rude to each other or are picking on somebody else?

All are anger and frustration, but not the same direction, or for the same reasons. As was mentioned, anger is somewhat of a sign that things aren't as they should be. It might be you, it might be others, it might be the situation.

Personally, I'm really competitive, so when I screw up or "get screwed" (such as said t-bone), I often find myself wanting to let out frustration. Sometimes it is a word, sometimes it is pounding the railing of the driver stand, etc... The best thing for me in such situations is to put it all in perspective and know that one of the reasons I'm there is to be an example. This helps remind me, and let me focus on what is important instead, and ask for help (I'm really forgetful though).

Sometimes, things can build up. It is these times that taking it out on a bag at the gym or any similar vigorous exercise are good. It allows you to work out the energy of the anger so you can think more clearly. The key is to not just work out the energy and think all is well, but to take time beyond that to see what is happening and deal with it...by prayer, decisions, etc as appropriate, like forgive the guy that stepped on your car.

Of course, frustration and anger that nobody stands up for something that isn't right is just. In this case, you're being angered and frustrated because you should be. Try to use it as motivation to enact change (though in this case, not with a fist...sorry, couldn't help it). Then again, Jesus flipped all the tables in the temple.

Then there's the stuff you just can't do anything about, like it suddenly raining. It is frustrating for sure, especially if you have a ways to go to get to the track and it wasn't supposed to rain. In these situations it really is best to just try and make the best of it and enjoy time with the friends and people around you, or take the time to get some of them more deeply...maybe that's the real reason it rained, so you could build the relationship and God could come up. One never knows.

I'm over tired right now with a headache, so I hope some of that actually made sense, but pray about it and ask to be shown how God wants you to deal with it to glorify Him.

it makes me angry trying to read all of this.. might have to go punch a speed bag... frustrating :flaming:

Owen RaCing 03-10-2012 09:50 AM

Hey Guys :)

thanks for all the suggestions. To be more clear, I have a lot of problems with getting irritated with people that doing things that are against my beliefs or are doing things I would consider "stupid". I'm not the most proficient at letting things blow over and not taking it to heart.

For instance- I'm 19, and completely clean and sober. Being modern society, kids my age party and use drugs (Ive lost friends to crack and 10-times as many to weed. They are still alive (praise the lord) but lost touch with God and don't ever talk to me anymore.) So I have this huge resentment (that I want to get over) for drugs and alcohol.

Racing wise, I have issues with people who cheat and people who are just rude. And that is hard because there are the people who take it serious, and the people that are there to have serious fun. (Or just smile and forget they have to go to work the next morning. :D )

I'll come back and post more some day soon. I started a new diet plan today, I have a ton of energy and need to take a jog. Then evening church tonight :D. My new diet and diet/energy pills I started to get prepared for a new 40 hour a week job (thank God! employment!) have me all energized and excited and happy :D

-Mike

tmail55 03-10-2012 11:25 AM

rude and/or stupid

I live in Florida (I'm from Illinois) we get these every year when it get cold up north!

The things we take as normal, isn't for these people. We have always seen sea gulls, herons, palm trees, gaters, gulf views, ocean views, white sand beaches and what ever it is that they don't have up north!

It's NORMAL for us to see these things, as Christians it's normal for us to NOT hear/say bad words, see/do bad actions. To hear/see bad things is like a knife in the gut!!! Over and over and over and over, Jesus didn't like it either! But he came to give LIFE to all who would receive him.

The thing is we are in the world, we are instructed to NOT be apart of that world. Jesus didn't walk the good side of town, he walked the bad side of town cause that is where we were!

As handicrawler said
You want to know how to deal with the anger and resentment? Surrender it! That's right, get on your knees and surrender all you are holding in against someone else and give it to Jesus. If you are sincere, he will deliver you from your bitterness toward another person.

anger and resentment is a trap to keep your eyes off Jesus.


All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:17 AM.

Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.3.6
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.