Team Holy Rollers

Old 12-26-2012, 11:16 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

merry christmas to you all its been a long time
Old 01-01-2013, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

As you all can see the 12/21/12 Mayan deal was a LIE.

12/25/12 was a SWEEEEEET day to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Jesus.

1/1/13 has been a GREAT NEW day to start another year of God's unlimited love for each of us.

May God richly bless each of you and your family members.

Remember we are God's ambassadors of light in a dark and dieing world.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Happy New Year, Team!!!
Old 01-01-2013, 06:21 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I'm selling my Team Associated B4.1 if anyone is interested. I'll sell it to any member of THR for $20 less than what I have posted on the FS thread. PM me if you are interested.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-chassiss.html
Old 01-08-2013, 07:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Just wanted to stop by and say hi. Just found this section, very cool.

I have been reading in Mark recently, thought I would share Mark 6:5-6 NKJV

"5 Now He could do no mighty work there, except that He laid His hands on a few sick people and healed them. 6 And He marveled because of their unbelief. Then He went about the villages in a circuit, teaching."

Let us be a people who are used by Christ and believe in him, not just giving lip service. This is a truth God has been laying on my heart as of late, teaching me that through the power of faith, he can do great things through us.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:19 AM

Word...ya know, I sometimes look back on the folks that were filled with unbelief in the Bible and can't hardly believe their unbelief. That is, until you put yourself in their shoes. Faith is knowing that you can't fail. Faith is being willing to give anything a shot. Stickers on your rides, good attitudes at the track, Christian t-shirts...they are a starting point.

While I'm here...I was at the track the other day with my SC10 struggling with a loose rear end both on and off power. I tinkered with stuff all day and finally one of the guys suggested that I increase anti-squat. This seemed like the wrong direction to me but I tried it anyway going from 1 degree to 3. It definitely settled the back end of the truck down. Anybody got any thoughts on why this would be? It just seems backwards to me.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

What conditions are you running on?

My initial thought is in smoother conditions, antisquat helps by applying force to the tires in the direction of the ground, resulting in more traction. Increasing antisquat specifically helps accelerating traction and can hurt trailing traction.

Antisquat can decrease traction when accelerating through rough conditions by decreasing compliance of the suspension. It will unsettle the rear when braking into a turn and can spin out easier.

Did you notice a decrease in traction going into the turn when you went to 3 degrees?
Old 01-08-2013, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

Per Charlie Perez about antisquat used on a B4.

Zero degrees of antisquat "Frees Up" the rear end On Power and it also gives you a little more side bite.

I like to start with the minimum amount of Antisquat because it gives the rear end the most balanced amount of traction as you enter and exit the corner. It also minimizes wheelies, which are cool to watch, but waste time.

The only time that I increase the Antisquat is if I am on a smooth surface track that has limited traction.

If I am on a ruff track I always run 0 as it makes it easier for the suspension to soak up the bumps and ruts.

The amount of Antisquat you use depends on the track conditions.

If the track is very smooth, more antisquat will give you more forward traction.

If the track is bumpy or rutty more antisquat will give you less forward traction
Old 01-08-2013, 08:12 PM

This is a beautifully maintained, smooth, medium to high bite indoor moist clay. The new arrangement took out some of the bumpier sections and left a lot of flowing, smooth jumps. I guess it makes sense that the anti-squat helped out. Mattyhawk, I was assuming that I was going to have an over-rotation problem. The truck was already close to over-rotating in the 180 sections as it was. It almost seemed to tighten up a bit with the increased anti-squat. Doesn't really make sense, does it. I wonder if my rear roll center is just way out of whack? I've got a pretty standard front end on my SC10 but I have Exotek 0 degree rear hub carriers and Dubro captive rod ends in the back. I think the Dubros are pretty close to the standard AE ball cup in height but maybe they aren't. I'll need to do some measurements....
Old 01-09-2013, 03:57 AM
Tech Elite

Dubro captive rod ends in the back. I think the Dubros are pretty close to the standard AE ball cup in height but maybe they aren't.

=====

You may be on to something!

With adding or removing a washer with ball cups to change the roll, you could be off a washer with captured ends. With washers being .030 that isn't much to play with.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

anyone with a little extra prayer time may include me in theirs, Friday night I slipped and fell on the ice and broke my ankle, got sent 3 hours south for a surgeon that could handle this surgery, physically I am sure I will heal, they are telling me 12 wks before any wt bearing, only have 4 wks pto time and not sure how short term disability works
Old 01-18-2013, 03:46 PM
Tech Elite

For some time I have been, well down.

After Shookie passed away I asked my sticker person if he could make me some THR stickers and how much. He could not make the stickers exactly like what Shookie had made, so they look a little diff.

The sticker person didn't return the last sticker, he lost it!!!!! This happened years ago and it's been a open sore in my heart and a weight on my shoulders! Until today!!!!!!!

As I was looking through some old RC bodies I came across my first T4 body that I painted, it has a Black THR sticker on the rear window. An ORIGINAL THR sticker sent out by Shookie!!!!!!

Heart is healed, weight is gone!

Old 01-18-2013, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hunternaf
anyone with a little extra prayer time may include me in theirs, Friday night I slipped and fell on the ice and broke my ankle, got sent 3 hours south for a surgeon that could handle this surgery, physically I am sure I will heal, they are telling me 12 wks before any wt bearing, only have 4 wks pto time and not sure how short term disability works

Gary how about a update?
Old 01-18-2013, 04:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Well fellow holy rollers, here is the latest on my life:

I was hired on by the university I graduated from to do some writing and broadcasting, I met a wonderful young lady from Oklahoma and we dated long distance for about 6 months and I asked her to marry me (which to my shock and amazement she said yes to). We were wed this past August and the Lord quickly blessed us with a child that is due in June. I now work for the Media Production Group at the same university helping write various things like rate cards, scripts and other things and still do some broadcasting on the side
Old 01-19-2013, 06:34 AM
Tech Elite

trackdesigner71

THANKS for the update.

Job, Marriage, Children

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.76 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.