Old 04-06-2012, 09:07 AM
Tech Regular

Good idea, Rev.

Happy Easter, everyone!

God Bless.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:19 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

God is so good every day!! Happy Resurrection Sunday everyone!
Old 04-08-2012, 05:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

This weekend we celebrate what The Lord has done for us. He sent his only begotten son to die on the cross, to die so that we could be washed of our sins, and then he rose again! If that isn't love, then I don't know what love is!
Happy Easter eveyone, God Bless!
Old 04-08-2012, 06:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

1 Corinthians 1:18 WEB (World English Bible)
For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are dying, but to us who are saved it is the power of God.

I once was lost but now am found, Was blind, but now, I see

THANK YOU JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-15-2012, 06:31 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Revelation 22: 16-21 says:

16 "I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star."
17 The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life.
18 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book.
19 And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.
20 He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming soon." Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.
21 The grace of the Lord Jesus be with God's people. Amen.

He is coming again!! Everyone have a great day.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:02 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by tmail55
Hey Guys I thought I would be the first to Invite you to join a team that I have been lead to start. The name of this said team is

TEAM HOLY ROLLERS

There are no real benifits of this team except that you will receive some decals.

To become a member of TEAM HOLY ROLLERS you have to agree to a few simple proclamations.
1) You must believe that Jesus is GOD and is part of the Holy Trinity (Father, Son & Holy Spirit).
2) That Jesus Died for our sins.
3) and that once Jesus was dead that He rose from the dead and ascended to heaven.
4) That you will proclaim your beliefs when asked about them.
5) That your life reflects Christ (or at least you are trying to reflect Christ)
6) That when someone is in need and you have. That you will help with the kind of love that He has shown you.

I believe that there is a huge ministry here in RC car racing and that if we shine even a little light into this we can spread more of the gospel if not only in words but in our actions.

Thanks,

Be still and know that I am GOD. Psalm 46:10

Stephen Shook
a.k.a. Shookie <
Founder
Team Holy Rollers

=========

Just a reminder of who and what we are. A light to a dying world.

Yes to all of the above! I'd love to join your group.

I'm actually trying to think of a process to start a R/C group at our Church. And I just happened to run across this at the same time. I think this will be a great way to bring members together for great fellowship and a little fun in racing too, both youth and adults. If you've done something similar at your Church, and have any advice in getting a group started, I'd love to hear.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:20 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bamaengineer
Yes to all of the above! I'd love to join your group.

I'm actually trying to think of a process to start a R/C group at our Church. And I just happened to run across this at the same time. I think this will be a great way to bring members together for great fellowship and a little fun in racing too, both youth and adults. If you've done something similar at your Church, and have any advice in getting a group started, I'd love to hear.
Hey! Welcome to the thread. I would like to be able to attract more Christian drivers to our normal track and also to my own back yard track. I'm not exactly an outgoing fella to begin with so its been a bit challenging. I've never considered attempting anything directly through our church. I guess I would start by talking to the pastor about it and then possibly get something added into the bulletin (possibly a gathering or event for anyone interested). This actually sounds like a good idea the more I think about it. Anyone else got any ideas?
Old 04-26-2012, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Guys,

If you remember a couple months ago I lost my aunt and brother in law. I said that my Mom said these come in 3's!

Got VERY BAD news today, the minister that I was with in the nursing home ministry has 2-3 weeks left because of the cancer he has. Didn't know he had cancer until today. I'm going back to the nursing home to assist the paster that replace me this Sunday. Don't know if this is for one Sunday or for every Sunday yet!

===

Bamaengineer WELCOME to the team!!!!

If you will PM me your name and address I will send you some THR stickers.

If you race does the track have a web site?
Old 04-26-2012, 06:24 PM
Tech Master

tmail55: Your Mom was right;things like that generally happen in three's. Working w/the senior ministry in nursing home ministires can be quite challenging; I speak from experience. Our prayers and comfort be extended to you if you partake in this ministry.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bowl806
tmail55: Your Mom was right;things like that generally happen in three's. Working w/the senior ministry in nursing home ministires can be quite challenging; I speak from experience. Our prayers and comfort be extended to you if you partake in this ministry.
THANKS!!!! :-)

I step away from the nursing home ministry after 14 years, about 16 months ago to minister at RC tracks because there were MORE lost at the tracks than in the homes.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:59 PM
Tech Master

THANKS!!!! :-)

I step away from the nursing home ministry after 14 years, about 16 months ago to minister at RC tracks because there were MORE lost at the tracks than in the homes.
I too have stepped away from nursing homes but i still minister to the aged. I've taken my ministry (or should I say I've gone to where the Lord has sent me) into, of all places, the church. It's amazing how many souls make the committment to be saved, then they are left out to flounder wondering, "Ok, now I saved- now what?"
Old 04-27-2012, 03:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Guys,

If you remember a couple months ago I lost my aunt and brother in law. I said that my Mom said these come in 3's!

Got VERY BAD news today, the minister that I was with in the nursing home ministry has 2-3 weeks left because of the cancer he has. Didn't know he had cancer until today. I'm going back to the nursing home to assist the paster that replace me this Sunday. Don't know if this is for one Sunday or for every Sunday yet!

===

Bamaengineer WELCOME to the team!!!!

If you will PM me your name and address I will send you some THR stickers.

If you race does the track have a web site?
This was on my calender today:

So we are Christ's ambassadors; God is making his appeal through us. We speak for Christ when we plead "Come back to God!"

2 Corinthians 5:20

Hope this helps in some way. God Bless!

Last edited by MUDVAYNE; 04-27-2012 at 04:02 AM.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MUDVAYNE
This was on my calender today:

So we are Christ's ambassadors; God is making his appeal through us. We speak for Christ when we plead "Come back to God!"

2 Corinthians 5:20

Hope this helps in some way. God Bless!
Christ's ambassadors
Old 05-09-2012, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

Sunday at the track!

Second qual, Stock Short Course class, 12 trucks on a 335 foot track. By the 2 minute mark of the 6 minute qual. Drivers AND marshals where sharing words, some I can not repeat. Started in 4th, was 12th by the two minute mark, when John, who was standing to my left spoke loudly " Remember we are racing for bowling trophies guy's"!!!! This caused me to laugh on the inside and calm down, stopped TRYING to go fast and started, racing one turn, one jump, one straight at a time, finished 5th which put me in the A-main starting 5th.

As I was sitting in the pits waiting for the lipo to charge for the main, this came to mind.

Am I trying to be a Christian? Am I trying to go to church, trying to pray, trying to minister. Jesus stated on the cross "It is Finished". IF that is true then what I need to do is >>> stop trying to be a Christian, BE A CHRISTIAN! Stop trying to go to church, GO TO CHURCH! Stop trying to pray, PRAY! Stop trying to minister, MINISTER!!!!!!

A racer on R/C Tech that I know has this in his sig >> "Do or do not, there is no try." - Yoda

From the mouth of a puppet!!!!! :-)
Old 05-09-2012, 07:11 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Sunday at the track!

Second qual, Stock Short Course class, 12 trucks on a 335 foot track. By the 2 minute mark of the 6 minute qual. Drivers AND marshals where sharing words, some I can not repeat. Started in 4th, was 12th by the two minute mark, when John, who was standing to my left spoke loudly " Remember we are racing for bowling trophies guy's"!!!! This caused me to laugh on the inside and calm down, stopped TRYING to go fast and started, racing one turn, one jump, one straight at a time, finished 5th which put me in the A-main starting 5th.

As I was sitting in the pits waiting for the lipo to charge for the main, this came to mind.

Am I trying to be a Christian? Am I trying to go to church, trying to pray, trying to minister. Jesus stated on the cross "It is Finished". IF that is true then what I need to do is >>> stop trying to be a Christian, BE A CHRISTIAN! Stop trying to go to church, GO TO CHURCH! Stop trying to pray, PRAY! Stop trying to minister, MINISTER!!!!!!

A racer on R/C Tech that I know has this in his sig >> "Do or do not, there is no try." - Yoda

From the mouth of a puppet!!!!! :-)
Oh...this is awesome!!! Mind if I use these exact words in the verse of the day email I send out to a few folks tomorrow? So many lessons to learn. And I've always considered laughter to be the best medicine. Thanks for the message.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.76 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.