Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > Club Forums > R/C Racers 4 Christ
Team Holy Rollers >

Team Holy Rollers

Like Tree1Likes

Team Holy Rollers

Old 11-20-2010, 05:09 PM
  #2056  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 16
Default to jdrooejr

Welcome to the forum Joshua, my names Ken, my sons and I are new to rc racing also (6mos. ) we race at a track in Modesto Ca. gotta say its the most fun weve had together in a long time , I race a slash also , you and your sons are gonna have a blast together.
klf13 is offline  
Old 11-21-2010, 07:15 PM
  #2057  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 16
Default

How did everyones race weekend go? mine got rained out, central cal. lots of rain.
klf13 is offline  
Old 11-23-2010, 06:09 AM
  #2058  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 195
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by klf13
Welcome to the forum Joshua, my names Ken, my sons and I are new to rc racing also (6mos. ) we race at a track in Modesto Ca. gotta say its the most fun weve had together in a long time , I race a slash also , you and your sons are gonna have a blast together.
Thanks for the Welcome! Saturday I ended up buying our 2nd Traxxas Slash already. LOL That didn't take long. Raced Saturday in the Novice Class of indoor Off-Road (on Carpet). That was fun. Only issue there was it was just me and a 9yo kid who's been racing for several months. He lapped me 3 times in the first heat! LOL Second heat I beat him (but not by much) and in the Main he started out ahead of me, I took him, and then he got back ahead of me, and then he threw a tire so I won.

I'll move up to the stock Slash class this Saturday (and lose miserably - but at least it won't be a 31yo against a 9yo LOL). I'm going to put my 9yo on the 2nd Slash in the Novice Class.

Tonight I'm going to go try my hand at Stock Slash on Oval Carpet.

Woohoo!
jdr00ejr is offline  
Old 11-23-2010, 05:22 PM
  #2059  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 16
Default

Sounds like you had fun Joshua, My 2 sons and I started out in the novice class, we race on dirt offroad it didnt take long for us to rule that class so they kicked us out, we run open shortcourse now, but we are a few seconds off the pace in that class, but its alot of fun.
klf13 is offline  
Old 11-24-2010, 05:58 AM
  #2060  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 195
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by klf13
Sounds like you had fun Joshua, My 2 sons and I started out in the novice class, we race on dirt offroad it didnt take long for us to rule that class so they kicked us out, we run open shortcourse now, but we are a few seconds off the pace in that class, but its alot of fun.
Had a blast in the off-road on Saturday but I'll jump out of Novice and into the regular since there's not really anyone in Novice but kids. I can stink at regular - that's okay with me.

I'm putting David in the Novice this Saturday.

At the Oval last night - Wowzers...that's much harder than I gave it credit for...it can get pretty brutal out there. Clearly I have a lot to learn but I had a blast doing it.

Okay - Question for you THR guys: How do you deal with the langauge at the track? I'm quickly growing tired of the heavy words being thrown around - I've found I can tollerate most words (and that's not a good thing) but there's 1 4 letter word that just really gets to me and it's being dropped all the time at my track. There's no other track around.

Also, as soon as my decals come in I'll be getting them on the Truck but I heard a guy last night rambling on to his buddies (using all sorts of 4 letter words) about how he doesn't think people should be able to put Christian stuff on their cars - he can't do what he does in public (Goodnight I don't even want to know what that was referring to).

Now, I don't care who I offend and I'll have my stickerrs on my truck just as soon as they come in - but I'm just wondering how you folks handle these guys.
jdr00ejr is offline  
Old 11-24-2010, 06:19 AM
  #2061  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 774
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jdr00ejr
Had a blast in the off-road on Saturday but I'll jump out of Novice and into the regular since there's not really anyone in Novice but kids. I can stink at regular - that's okay with me.

I'm putting David in the Novice this Saturday.

At the Oval last night - Wowzers...that's much harder than I gave it credit for...it can get pretty brutal out there. Clearly I have a lot to learn but I had a blast doing it.

Okay - Question for you THR guys: How do you deal with the langauge at the track? I'm quickly growing tired of the heavy words being thrown around - I've found I can tollerate most words (and that's not a good thing) but there's 1 4 letter word that just really gets to me and it's being dropped all the time at my track. There's no other track around.

Also, as soon as my decals come in I'll be getting them on the Truck but I heard a guy last night rambling on to his buddies (using all sorts of 4 letter words) about how he doesn't think people should be able to put Christian stuff on their cars - he can't do what he does in public (Goodnight I don't even want to know what that was referring to).

Now, I don't care who I offend and I'll have my stickerrs on my truck just as soon as they come in - but I'm just wondering how you folks handle these guys.
Its a bummer that they use such language at the track. Is there a family atmosphere at the track?? There have to be plenty of kids there right??

I would start leaning on the track owner to keep this a "family " sport and lean on the parents of the kids for support in keeping the language at a minimum.

I am very fortunate that at my local track the owner believes in keeping it kid friendly and will quickly call someone out if they are cussing a bunch , he doesn't allow anyone to yell at turn marshals. I have got called out on that one before...

Always remember that you are the salt and the light. If you are having to be outside of your comfort zone then you are in the right place! YOU ARE the Christ influence there, thats a HUGE and AMAZING responsibility.

I am sure you are worried about what your kids are hearing right?

Before you enter the race shop/track pray with your kids against the foul language and pray FOR those people who are freely using it. This can be a very impactful moment for your kids. I know its terrifying but they will get a chance to see what NOT to be when they grow up. Most likely it will offend them and its a great teaching tool for you to be able to show them how to be comfortable with being un comfortable........ Go get em Dad!
Ghostrider86 is offline  
Old 11-24-2010, 05:08 PM
  #2062  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (61)
 
tmail55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: TN Mountains!!
Posts: 3,300
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Ghostrider86
Its a bummer that they use such language at the track. Is there a family atmosphere at the track?? There have to be plenty of kids there right??

I would start leaning on the track owner to keep this a "family " sport and lean on the parents of the kids for support in keeping the language at a minimum.

I am very fortunate that at my local track the owner believes in keeping it kid friendly and will quickly call someone out if they are cussing a bunch , he doesn't allow anyone to yell at turn marshals. I have got called out on that one before...

Always remember that you are the salt and the light. If you are having to be outside of your comfort zone then you are in the right place! YOU ARE the Christ influence there, thats a HUGE and AMAZING responsibility.

I am sure you are worried about what your kids are hearing right?

Before you enter the race shop/track pray with your kids against the foul language and pray FOR those people who are freely using it. This can be a very impactful moment for your kids. I know its terrifying but they will get a chance to see what NOT to be when they grow up. Most likely it will offend them and its a great teaching tool for you to be able to show them how to be comfortable with being un comfortable........ Go get em Dad!
There is NO greater power (human) on earth than a CHRISTIAN Dad standing UP for what is RIGHT!!!

How I handle language in the pits OR on the drivers stand >> "Watch your mouth there are kids around!!"

It help$ if you have had a talk with the track owner about the "Family Hobby" and the better atmo$phere, which can bring more $$$. $ometime$ you have to talk with them about the bottom line!!! If there is a hobby shop on site, it is there bottom line. The track is there to $ell more RC'$

===

Good posting Jeff.
tmail55 is offline  
Old 11-24-2010, 11:21 PM
  #2063  
Tech Elite
 
hakmazter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,462
Default

check it....

www.casterracingusa.com

You have 24 hours.
hakmazter is offline  
Old 11-25-2010, 09:39 AM
  #2064  
Moderator
iTrader: (159)
 
WYLDTHING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Justa passin through.......
Posts: 4,706
Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hakmazter
check it....

www.casterracingusa.com

You have 24 hours.
That's what I'm talking about, Hak....Very nice work!!!


I am SO blessed with great 'family' atmospheres at the places I race on a regular basis. I take it for granted sometimes till I read the stories on the inet!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

God Bless!
Brad
WYLDTHING is offline  
Old 11-29-2010, 01:12 PM
  #2065  
Tech Addict
 
Raffell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 740
Default Bad Language -

Bad language at the track:
when I owned my tracks I enforced a bad language fee which really got the attention of many people. $1.00 per curse word. When people got to the point that they could justify payment of $1.00 per curse word and wanted to pay in advance, I raised the price to $5.00 and when those folks still could not keep there language clean I would ask for a $20.00 pre-pay prior to using the track as they were a frequently violator of the house rules.

The word spreaded quickly about the BAD Language rule and I found more family and kids participating in the racing environment.

contact the owner. . . and have him keep a tally of how much money is collected then give a prize away to a novice. Everyone instantly becomes a language police.
Raffell is offline  
Old 12-01-2010, 10:45 AM
  #2066  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 195
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Thanks guys for all the input on the langauge. My local track ha multiple owners and some of the owners have been just as bad as some of the racers. At least the owners seem to ease up when they see the kids around. I'm going to start piping up when I hear it and let the people know there are kids around. If that doesn't work, I'll speak with some of the owners.

Also, I don't want to give a bad impression of the track - the friendliness of the track and racers to each other is amazing....just seems every now and then the language picks up. I think I'm hyper sensative to certain words and it really gets to me when I hear them. In retrospect it's not as bad as I made it sound. I think I can actively work to get my point across when I hear it.

I'm having a blast at the track - just don't want something like bad langauge to ruin it for me and the family.
jdr00ejr is offline  
Old 12-01-2010, 04:45 PM
  #2067  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 18
Default

Hi! Very pleasd to find this Team here, and a "Racers 4 Christ" section on these forums!

Just getting back into r/c racing after many years away. Raced 1/10th electric truck and buggy way back, more recently raced 1/12th electric carpet, sedan, and dirt oval.

The r/c bug has bit me again, after the holidays I think I'll get a 1/8th nitro buggy for myself and a 1/8th nitro truggy for my son and we can hit the local/regional tracks for some quality father/son time!

Let's see...

To become a member of TEAM HOLY ROLLERS you have to agree to a few simple proclimations.
1) You must believe that Jesus is GOD and is part of the Holy Trinity (Father, Son & Holy Spirit). CHECK!
2) That Jesus Died for our sins. YES HE DID, FOR ALL OF OUR SINS!
3) and that once Jesus was dead that He rose from the dead and ascended to heaven. CHECK!
4) That you will proclaim your beliefs when asked about them. OF COURSE, AS WILL MY 16 YEAR OLD SON. HE HAS NO PROBLEM TALKING ABOUT HIS FAITH WITH OTHERS!
5) That your life reflects Christ (or at least you are tring to reflect Christ) I TRY, LIKE EVERYONE I FALL SHORT, BUT I TRY!
6) That when someone is in need and you have. That you will help with the kind of love that He has shown you. THAT IS PART OF MY WALK WITH CHRIST!

So yes, hello, hope to get to know some of you!
dmusgrave is offline  
Old 12-01-2010, 04:47 PM
  #2068  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 18
Default

Hmm just typed out a long drawn out introduction and it didn't post?

I guess I'll just say hello, I'm Dave, getting back into the r/c hobby with my oldest son.

We are both Christians, and would like to be part of Team Holy Roller.

To become a member of TEAM HOLY ROLLERS you have to agree to a few simple proclimations.
1) You must believe that Jesus is GOD and is part of the Holy Trinity (Father, Son & Holy Spirit).
2) That Jesus Died for our sins.
3) and that once Jesus was dead that He rose from the dead and ascended to heaven.
4) That you will proclaim your beliefs when asked about them.
5) That your life reflects Christ (or at least you are tring to reflect Christ)
6) That when someone is in need and you have. That you will help with the kind of love that He has shown you.

We both agree to the above... hope to speak with some of you soon and maybe even see you at the track

Last edited by dmusgrave; 12-01-2010 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Public school education :)
dmusgrave is offline  
Old 12-01-2010, 07:38 PM
  #2069  
Tech Master
iTrader: (7)
 
Sein's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,160
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

I shared this in the nitro thread but wanted to share with my Team also!!


Man, I could not have asked for a better day on Sunday. Woke up early and went to church with the family, received a good message. Then we all went back home and had a nice late breakfast. After that, I loaded the car up with all my goodies and it was off to the track I go.

The night before I stayed up late to set the truck up properly ie: fresh diff oils, fresh shock oil, readjust shock rebound, and set my ride height. It worked out great because the truck ran fantastic.

Last week I was having a problem traction rolling, on the carpet areas of the track, and over-steering, on the loamy dirt areas off the track. But this Sunday it all came together well and I stayed there from about 12:30 to 6:00pm.

I got some good consitant laps in and now I have a much better feel for the track. I did only have one hiccup; it was a broken clutch bell. After I replaced it, it was smooth sailing

Here are a few pics:
All ready to go!!


After I pulled the engine for broken CB


Broken CB


And last but not least a little vid. Of course as soon as the camera was on me I started driving like crap; but it was fun none the less!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie8v242zc2Y
Sein is offline  
Old 12-01-2010, 08:18 PM
  #2070  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (88)
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 6,068
Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dmusgrave
Hmm just typed out a long drawn out introduction and it didn't post?

I guess I'll just say hello, I'm Dave, getting back into the r/c hobby with my oldest son.

We are both Christians, and would like to be part of Team Holy Roller.

To become a member of TEAM HOLY ROLLERS you have to agree to a few simple proclimations.
1) You must believe that Jesus is GOD and is part of the Holy Trinity (Father, Son & Holy Spirit).
2) That Jesus Died for our sins.
3) and that once Jesus was dead that He rose from the dead and ascended to heaven.
4) That you will proclaim your beliefs when asked about them.
5) That your life reflects Christ (or at least you are tring to reflect Christ)
6) That when someone is in need and you have. That you will help with the kind of love that He has shown you.

We both agree to the above... hope to speak with some of you soon and maybe even see you at the track
Let me be the first to welcome you and God Bless! You should be hearing from T-mail very soon. Oh that reminds me, T-mail you have a pm.
MUDVAYNE is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.76 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.