R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   R/C Racers 4 Christ (https://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-racers-4-christ-26/)
-   -   Sharing time - hobby, family 'n JESUS! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-racers-4-christ/503995-sharing-time-hobby-family-n-jesus.html)

guilcm123 04-16-2011 06:19 PM

Sharing time - hobby, family 'n JESUS!

Hello, followers of Jesus!

I liked to have found this group because I am happy to know there are people who enjoy this fantastic hobby, but also worship the Lord!;););)

I have some difficulties here where I live, because the hobby enthusiasts I know are not Christians, and I cannot convince any brother to participate the hobby with me...:rolleyes:

So sometimes I feel some conflict with the practice of the hobby and Christian life and my family, especially with respect to time.:rolleyes:

How the colleagues overcome this?

Peace and grace to all of you!;););)

WYLDTHING 04-18-2011 06:05 PM

Hi there!! Welcome to our little section of RCtech! :nod:

I understand your problem of time and where does the hobby fit in our lives. I ran into the same query several years ago. I love racing r/c cars, but several years ago it got to where it was consuming my life and every free moment that I had.

A few years ago I finally made the decision to cut back on my racing and practicing and making some other things (God, family, friends) a priority in my life. Best decision I ever made concerning r/c! Once I removed it as my 'goal' in life, God blessed it and me even more. He gave me more opportunities to witness for him whie I was doing it, AND, my abilities and race results got better as well. :)

I've had to get out of the hobby for a while due to some other circumstances in my life, but I hope I will be able to get back to it someday.

I believe the biggest thing for me to understand and comes to terms with was---I had to be a Christian that raced r/c, not an r/c racer that was a Christian.

Again, welcome to you!

God Bless you brother!
Brad

tmail55 04-18-2011 06:52 PM

"I had to be a Christian that raced r/c, not an r/c racer that was a Christian."

Changed this a bit, could be part of a sig!!! IF I only had room on mine!!!

I'm a Christian that races r/c, not an r/c racer that is a Christian.

==========

Blending ministry (R/C is part of this), wife, kids, GRAND kids, work and R/C! Some days it is all in balance, some days one part try's to be the head, when they are the hinder part!!!

NOTHING worth doing is easy, day in, day out!

RCaddict0 04-29-2011 04:42 AM

I need to work on being a christain who likes RC, not the other way around. Ive prayed for help with my addictive personality and help with this. Living for drugs, sex and sin for so many years then stopping abruptly and jumping into RC has led to a unhealthy interest. I mean, I do talk to God daily, I will leave the computer and my "man cave" to spend time with my family. But its over taking me sometime. It running on 2 years now that Ive went back to God and cleaned my life up. Im shure with more NA, church and a sense or normal life it will find its balence.

guilcm123 05-14-2011 08:43 AM

thanks for sharing your experience 'n your lifes...:nod::nod:

i've been tryed to balance the time with the most important things, as God talking, sons, wife, friends and my work... r/c is a great passion, but it really can't be higher than theese things...;)

But, although i've been dedicated less time to the r/c practice, the moments when i can do that are many more intense and funny...:smile:

thanks for all and god bless you!