Help....

Old 08-31-2004, 08:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Help....

Hey guys. I have been under a ton of stress lately. I just got an offer for a scholorhip for baseball to go out of state, and then a job interview, which i nailed. The problem I have is that my girlfriend and I are thinking about getting married, and we dont see each other than at church... but we talk on the phone all the time. Last night, I cried myself to sleep because it is all so overwhelming. I have been playing baseball for around 14 years, and could ery well go pro, but I would give it all up for her.I jusdt dont know what to do.....
Old 09-01-2004, 05:24 PM
Tech Regular

Default Pray, Pray, Pray

Okay, let me speak from experience, had the scholarships, went pro, left the girl behind, came back she was still there, 20 years later, I can't remember her name and I am married to a wonderful woman God blessed me with. If this girl is who God want's in your life, she not going anywhere. A free education is nothing to squak at, even if you don't go pro, you will have a good job to help support this young lady should your paths stay together.
If your having a Christian relationship, distance shouldn't really matter with the internet, web call, and the sort, you can "see" each other every night! When your young you need to invest in the future, take the free education, and make sure you both get a decent PC to stay in touch every night. The summer, winter and spring break will be great times spent together.

Lastly, some schools offer married student housing? Why not do both?

Last edited by Cmotif; 09-01-2004 at 07:52 PM.
Old 09-01-2004, 08:00 PM

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Keep on praying and talking to God about it. God is big enough to sort this out.

Married student housing might be an option.

My experience was marrying later in life and growing up a little first. I served with Youth for Christ in Scotland, and my wife was a missionary nurse in Bangladesh for 4.5 years before we met and got married. I am not one to try to rush people into marriage.

Most importantly, is talk with God, He could come up with some really good option that none of us can see or imagine now.

Cmotif <><
Old 09-01-2004, 08:24 PM
Tech Regular

Default Prayer

He's right, ultimatly, rely on PRAYER!
Old 09-03-2004, 11:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thank you so much guys. I got back from bible study last night, and the topic was trust. So much lately has shown me that this is the way to go, and she said she will always be her for me, and sheis a Christian too, she brought me back from the other side........ and i thank her every day for that (and God too, DUH!!!!) but I thank you guys so much....
Old 09-07-2004, 10:20 AM

You are welcome. I have something that I want to share with you.

You have probably heard the the Serenity Prayer. It is used with AA. I am putting together a Celebrate Recovery chapter at our church, which is a Christian 12 step program to help people with their hurts, habits and hang-ups.

We use the full thing, and not just the famous first four lines.

Here it is, and I think that you'll find it an encouragement.

God, grante me the serenity
to accept th things that I cannot change,
the courage to change th things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time,
enjoying one moment at a time;
accepting hardship as a pathway to peace;
taking, as Jesus did,
this sinful world as it is,
not as I would have it;
trusting that You will make all things right
if I surrender to Your will;
so that I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with You forever in the next.
Amen
Old 09-07-2004, 09:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

wow......

i dont even know what to say. That is totally awsome. I thank you guys so much for all your help and prayers. Things have been tough, but I have learned that all I need to do is just trust God, and it will all come together, and things have... just a little different than I thoguht....
Old 09-18-2004, 12:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well, my relationship with that girl is over. Her ad called me and said I can never talk to her again.... I just dont know what to do right now... I am so sad........
Old 10-09-2004, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I will pray that GOD will fill that void with his LOVE. I am so very sorry to here that you are being cut off from your girl freind, try to remember your first LOVE, JESUS. He will always be there and no one on this earth can fill in for Him, but He can fill in for anyone here. I know that the pain stings alot now but as you walk this walk with Him He will show you why later. There is a reason for all things. Remember He will never leave us or forsake us. If God brought you to it, Be sure that He will bring you Through It. I hope these word give you some encuragement.
Be Still & know that I AM GOD.....Psalm 46:10
Old 10-09-2004, 10:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

thanks guys. The last few weeks have been tough, but I am slowly starting to let her go. I wish it wasnt over, but obviously we weere both ment to go elsewhere in our lives.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Get this, now her parents are accusing me of sleeping wit her.... I havent seen her without their suervision in over 6 months!!! I just dont know what to do now....
Old 10-25-2004, 05:59 PM

Ran into an ex-girlfriend Saturday. Haven't seen here in 16 years. I was to say that I was happy for her now. It sucked 16 years ago, but my life is good now.

You will get over it, though it does suck right now. God is not done with you yet.

Cmotif <><
Old 11-18-2004, 08:08 PM
Regional Moderator

Derek, sounds like you got your answer. Just walk with God and He'll put the right girl in your life to marry in HIS time, not yours. Pray and wait. If you still haven't heard from Him...just wait longer.
Old 12-12-2004, 10:31 PM
Tech Regular

go racing and forget the chick. and go to college.
enjoy life and enjoy the wonderful world that God has made for you!
Enjoy