Wiki Posts
Search

Pray For Me Please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 09:57 AM

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by vstrok
I can kinda under stand the "forgive" part, but that's where I draw the line (forgive, but don't forget).

You just summed up this conversation right there, I believe. It's not up to YOU to draw any lines where God and His word is concerned. God never told us we would always understand, nor will He always make things clear to us right now. But He does always tell us to be obedient, even in times of trials. He does tell us to always forgive. He tells us to always love---even our enemies. He does tell us to live in peace with everyone, so much as it concerns us. He does tell that if no mercy is given by us, none shall be received. He does tell us that He hates divorce and that it would never be what He wants.

Why would anyone want to tell Justin HE should give up on someone that HE loves? And why would anyone want to tell Justin that he should ignore what the Bible says and just do what feels right---especially if they claim to BE a Christian?

I'm not God, and neither are you. We know God knows what is best for Justin and his daughter (all of us, too), so why would you want to try and overide what God says to do in the Bible? Do you believe you know better than God? He gives us HIS instructions for what He knows is best in the Bible. So that's always what I would tell anyone in this situation to do---is follow what God tells us in His word, and then encourage them along the way. No more, no less.

See, your attitude is partially what's wrong with the world these days. Most people (even Christians) can't even 'forgive', and even when they do forgive, they still want to 'keep score' and never forget. News flash---when we ask God forgiveness and repent, He remembers our sins no more. There is the standard by which we should live, too.

You obviously didn't read this prt from before, so I'll ask you again----It's also obvious that you missed the part where Justin said that even though she did do all those things to him, that he STILL loves her. Why should you encourage him to give up on that love? Because you are concerned about him and his daughter? If you were truly concerned, you would be encouraging him to listen to God and seek His guidance, rather than just trying to live by human reason, which is foolishness to God.

And no---Let's not forget that God gave us a perfect world, and we messed it up in in the Garden of Eden---remember? So no, God never wanted what Justin's wife has done to happen, but He allows us free will---remember? He does give us instructions on how to respond when sin happens, too, and that's what we should be helping Justin remember, not what we can't understand.

**edit**---And I would also say that I don't believe it's wise to call another man's wife (whom he loves) a lunatic. Even more so when you have never even met her.

God Bless!
Brad
Old 03-24-2011, 10:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WYLDTHING
You just summed up this conversation right there, I believe. It's not up to YOU to draw any lines where God and His word is concerned. God never told us we would always understand, nor will He always make things clear to us right now. But He does always tell us to be obedient, even in times of trials. He does tell us to always forgive. He tells us to always love---even our enemies. He does tell us to live in peace with everyone, so much as it concerns us. He does tell that if no mercy is given by us, none shall be received. He does tell us that He hates divorce and that it would never be what He wants.

Why would anyone want to tell Justin HE should give up on someone that HE loves? And why would anyone want to tell Justin that he should ignore what the Bible says and just do what feels right---especially if they claim to BE a Christian?

I'm not God, and neither are you. We know God knows what is best for Justin and his daughter (all of us, too), so why would you want to try and overide what God says to do in the Bible? Do you believe you know better than God? He gives us HIS instructions for what He believes is best in the Bible. So that's always what I would tell anyone in this situation to do---is follow what God tells us in His word, and then encourage them along the way. No more, no less.

See, your attitude is partially what's wrong with the world these days. Most people (even Christians) can't even 'forgive', and even when they do forgive, they still want to 'keep score' and never forget. News flash---when we ask God forgiveness and repent, He remembers our sins no more. There is the standard by which we should live, too.

You obviously didn't read this prt from before, so I'll ask you again----It's also obvious that you missed the part where Justing said that even though she did do all those things to him, that he STILL loves her. Why should you encourage him to give up on that love? Because you are concerned about him and his daughter? If you were truly concerned, you would be encouraging him to listen to God and seek His guidance, rather than just trying to live by human reason, which is foolishness to God.

And no---Let's not forget that God gave us a perfect world, and we messed it up in in the Garden of Eden---remember? So no, God never wanted what Justin's wife has done to happen, but He allows us free will---remember? He does give us instructions on how to respond when sin happens, too, and that's what we should be helping Justin remember, not what we can't understand.

God Bless!
Brad
Some people get LOVE confused with many other emotions. Done with this post. Have a good one. And good luck Justin with whatever you chose. I hope you find happiness whether through GOD or through reality.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:09 AM

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Some people get LOVE confused with many other emotions. Done with this post. Have a good one. And good luck Justin with whatever you chose. I hope you find happiness whether through GOD or through reality.

There is no confusion in the Bible where love is concerned. God is love, and that's His greatest commandment to us-----just love.

God Bless!
Brad
Old 03-27-2011, 06:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Get out! If not for your sake, then for your daughter's sake! You will find someone TRULY worth being with. And that will make your daughter and your lives sooo much better!

Your "wife" is sick in the head and your divorce would be 100% justified by ALL. You are not going to change her, so stop sticking around and subjecting an innocent 5-year old to this nonsense all in the hopes that one day all will be picture perfect...because it never will be....not even close!!! And you will look back 5, 10, 20 years from now and say to yourself "why the hell didn't I get out!"...
I have to agree she's sick. This is one reason I stick with her. She can be the sweetest and kindest person, but be down right evil. She grew up in a family that was nothing short of pure hell. He mother was a neglectful, selfish lush. Men and her self always came before her children. There father was a abusive drunk. Before me she never new what unconditional love was and I dont think she knew it existed. Reading the Handbook to happyness helped me understand her actions and mind state alot better. It explained what she was raised in and how that set her path in life. Really brought some clarity in this. But I think sometimes that Im fooling myself with trying to save my family. But I love her! I know from experiance that when I let her go she is on a true path to self distruction. I will admit Im at my ropes end. She's used my sympathy up. Not completely, but kinda. You know what I mean. But I have full faith in my God, he will take care of me. I have no doubt in that! My God is great and as long as I live right and have faith all will be well. I hope Carole will continue to live right. But only time will tell.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCaddict0
I have to agree she's sick. This is one reason I stick with her. She can be the sweetest and kindest person, but be down right evil. She grew up in a family that was nothing short of pure hell. He mother was a neglectful, selfish lush. Men and her self always came before her children. There father was a abusive drunk. Before me she never new what unconditional love was and I dont think she knew it existed. Reading the Handbook to happyness helped me understand her actions and mind state alot better. It explained what she was raised in and how that set her path in life. Really brought some clarity in this. But I think sometimes that Im fooling myself with trying to save my family. But I love her! I know from experiance that when I let her go she is on a true path to self distruction. I will admit Im at my ropes end. She's used my sympathy up. Not completely, but kinda. You know what I mean. But I have full faith in my God, he will take care of me. I have no doubt in that! My God is great and as long as I live right and have faith all will be well. I hope Carole will continue to live right. But only time will tell.
Good luck buddy! I truly hope you find happiness in whichever choice you make. Also, please remember that the choices you will make will also affect your little child as well.

Again...good luck

VS
Old 03-28-2011, 02:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by fireman158
Praying for you and your family. All GOD ask us to do is plant the seed and he takes care of everything else. I'll I can say brother is just keep on doing what your doing and being a good example. I prayed for my brother for 20 years to come to the LORD. Two years ago he ask Christ into his life and now is helping out in the youth group at his church and taking classes to become a youth pastor. So pray for her everyday and I will do the same.
You are so right. Some plant, some water, but God give the increase. You have done all you can, sir, and now it is in God's hands. He gives us the ability to make choices, and wants us to choose him. I'll be on bended knee tonight praying for you and those you love.

-Rev.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)
Thumbs up

I think we can let all this rest. Thank all you for your help and concern you have given me. It truely means alot. VS...I understand what your saying. I do know my childs suroundings influence her. This is why I explain things and she knows her mothers trying, but fails sometimes. She to has showed her forgiveness. She wouldnt talk to her mother on the phone while she was gone. Did say she missed her and understood it was for the best at the time. She's a smart child. Really. But she and I welcomed my wife with open arms and even Callie told her mother "If you make the police come here again, leave me or do anything bad I dont want you to be my mommy anymore. I love you" This was her words. My daughter has been raised in the church and started 2 years of preschool at our church. She knows God's word and knows right from wrong. Trust me! She's a very kind and good hearted child. I truely think God has moved into Caroles heart. She's been helpful, attending NA, church with me and Callie, and even joined a group on Facebook of christain women. She is moving forward as I knew she would.
Like I said, I let it go to God, I trust him. He wont let me down! Even if I dont see any good in the present, I still know its part of his plan and it will be OK in the end!
God bless you guys! Your the best race team and I am proud to be a part of something with fellow members like yourselves!
Old 04-04-2011, 07:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

God is so GOOODDD!!!! This was a blessing to read. Praise God!!