Asking for prayers for a good friend of mine

Asking for prayers for a good friend of mine

Old 01-08-2011, 10:21 AM
SPN
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 201 (100%+)
Default Asking for prayers for a good friend of mine

Hey THR Members and RCtech community

My buddy is going on his first mission trip and is struggling with the concept of raising the money to go on the trip.

If you guys would be so kind to pray for him. He's had a rough week and my wife and I felt God moving us in a way to bless him. There has been a burden lifted off of him temporarily, but he's still in need of prayers and financial donations.

Here is a letter he wrote about his trip.

Dear Friends and Family,
On Feb 11, 2011 I will be traveling to Nebaj, Guatemala with my son Devin and a small team of men from our church in Red Lion, PA "Living Word Community Church". We will be spending ten days working and living side-by-side with villigers in a few remote villages in the mountains of Guatemala. I am sending a notice to all my facebook friends and family asking for support on this trip. I ask first that you ...pray for all the men taking part in this trip. Second, I ask that if you can, please support Devin and I with a financial donation so that we can make it possiable to go. We still need to raise $2000 to make this trip possiable for us. Donations are tax deductable. I know that it is hard to part with our hard earned money, I live my life like everyone else, paycheck to paycheck. So I know how hard it is to make a donation, but a small donation from many people becomes a great gift to others. You might say to yourself, I would give if it where local but not to another country. LWCC supports hundreds of different groups across the globe. Most of them being part of our own community here in York county. Don't let that stop you from be a blessing to someone else, no matter how far away they are.
Thanks to all who took the time to read this and to those who can help in any way.
God Bless, Brian Mayers

Make checks to:
LWCC Missions
add a seperate note saying it's for Brian Mayers/Devin Barada, Feb.Guatemala Men's construction team
Mailing address:
LWCC
PO Box 3618
York, PA 17402

With your help we can make this happen and you will be part of a blessing greater than you could ever imagine.

Thanks for reading and God Bless!

Carey Howard
Old 01-08-2011, 03:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Praying for them!!
Old 01-09-2011, 07:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

We will keep them in our thoughts and prayers!