Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > Club Forums > R/C Racers 4 Christ
My first experience with God >

My first experience with God

My first experience with God

Old 11-04-2010, 12:16 AM
Tech Legend

Default My first experience with God

I was a young child in Columbus Georgia, about 5 years old ...
Was sitting on the curb in ft of our home watching a storm brew ...

I got quite startle by a big bolt flashing in the sky ..

So I yelled ....

I`m not scared of you God !!!!

Then a another bolt flashed by overhead and a big boom ..

So ?
I just yelled even louder ....

You can't scare me !!!!

Then , a bolt rip in back of me . The bolt slam me to ground , ripping apart the yard and covering me in grass & dirt .

I got up , brush the dirt off and ran into the house scared like non other .....

That's the day I learned ,God don't like being messed with ...

Feel free to tell us your first experience .....

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 11-04-2010 at 12:32 AM.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:55 AM
Tech Master

My first experience? I can give you a more current one: many don't know but I am in the process of having my first book published--you want to talk about fear, there you go! I feel the Lord gave me this vision probably 30+ years ago (am I telling my age?) and I finally got the guts to put it on paper. The most miraculous thing about this story is that all (most) of the things the Lord had me write are (or will soon) come to pass. I'm praying the Lord sends the resources or opens a door to get this done by Sept. of next year. "Why not sooner?" you ask. Well, it's like this: I'm retired and on SSI and every single dime is spent before I get it. (Ever hear your parents or your husband or wife say that?) But, the Lord in His mercy always makes a way for me to get some extra spending cash that I waste away on RC stuff. Maybe its because I faithfully tithe at church or maybe when I get to speak at a church they offer me some kind of free will offering or maybe because He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins.
The Word says in the Psalms, "Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil, for thou art with me." And I stand firm on that because I know that I know He is with me always but in my fleshly weakness writing a book is some kind of scary stuff. So I look at it this way: If it is the will of the Father to bless it He will and He will get the glory, and if he chooses not to bless it, He will still get the glory.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:09 PM
Tech Legend

I too have experience Gods love financially...
Many times unfortunately ...

I kinda remember most of a verse ..

Do not worry, "What shall we eat or drink ? "
For your Father knows that you need these things...
Seek his kingdom and righteousness and all these things will be given ....
Old 11-04-2010, 12:31 PM
Tech Master

Hey WC, It's not the finances I'm worried about lol! It's more like what my book is about and if the Lord blesses it or not. You wanna talk about stepping out in faith (heh heh heh) My ministry is fairly founded and established and I have a close walk with the Lord that's been developed over many many years of service (not to say I am any better off or worse than any other Christian or know more than anybody else.) I'm watcha call a full-gospel Bapti-presby-pentacostal Christian evangelist;some call me Rev. some Pastor, some Sir, some Mr., some "Hey" and others call me names I would rather not share lol! Simply put I'm a soldier in the army of the Lord. Thanks for the reassurance though! The Lord called me here to have a little fun and share as well as help others develop their walk. FYI I am not a computer virus or member of any cult or anything like that. You got me rolling today LOL!!
Old 11-04-2010, 02:10 PM
Tech Legend

My best blessings for your book

I hope sharing our first experiences with God can help us relate. Perhaps it could give all of us more insight in each of our views about his role he plays in our day to day lives ....
Old 11-09-2010, 01:40 PM

Trader Rating: 151 (99%+)

Well, I would have to say that my first 'experience' with God wasn't nearly as dramatic as yours was WC.

I was five years old and went to church one Sunday morning with my parents as always, and in Sunday School that day, our teacher (Mr. Stockton) done a story about Heaven and Hell, and how God wants everyone to go to Heaven and be with Him forever.

I thought about it all during the Church service, and then asked my mom about it when I got home. She brought my dad into the conversation, too, and together they sat down and explained what the Bible said about Heaven and Hell, and what I had to do and believe to be a child of the Lord, and then, go to Heaven when I died.

Crying---I prayed the prayer they led me through, and since the day my life has never been the same. Now, 37 years later, I am still walking with the Lord, albeit not as closely as He would like, I'm sure. Definitely still a huge work in progress!

I can't imagine what my life would've been like thus far had I not come to know the Lord when I did. I still made SO many mistakes, but I can't imagine how many more I would've made without the Holy Spirit guiding me through the tough decision making times.

God has been so patient with me, and for that, too, I am SO grateful!

I don't know or understand why anyone would want to take on this journey called life without the help/guidance of our Creator. Not to mention the eternal rewards, as well.

Our God is awesome!!!

God Bless!
Brad
Old 11-09-2010, 05:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default My first experience with God.

My mom & dad grew up in the holiness church where there's lots of legalism like not cutting your hair if you're a woman, wearing dresses, men wearing long sleeves, and short hair, etc. I was about 2 when my father was offended in church & left the church & started living life like he wanted. So, I was raised basically "unchurched". My grandma and sometimes uncles when I stayed with them would take me to church, so I was around church, but never felt like I needed God.

When I was 17 or 18, my mom and sister started going to church. My dad & I would go to the lake instead of going to church because we didn't need God... we thought we were good people without church. My sister was singing at church & they invited dad & I to go. Since my sister was singing, I felt I had to go hear her sing. When we were there, we heard the evangelist preach the Word of God like we'd never heard it or experienced it before. I knew God wanted me to live for Him, but I resisted turning my life over to Him and felt like I could live a "good" life without Him. A couple months later, this same evangelist came to a local town with an old-fashioned tent & they needed help setting it up so my mom talked me into coming to help set it up. At this point, I was 19, out of school, and it just so happens, a friend of mine showed up before I was ready to leave, his wife had told him she was divorcing him & they'd only been married a year. I told him I was going to help set-up a tent & he should come with me... so we went, set up the tent, and stayed for the service. I don't even remember what the evangelist preached, but I know the Holy Spirit and God were speaking to me and calling me, during the altar call my friend was sobbing & crying & we both went to the altar & surrendered our lives to God. From that day, we've never been the same.

22 years later... I'm still surrendering my life everyday.