Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > Club Forums > R/C Racers 4 Christ
I feel like writing.... >

I feel like writing....

I feel like writing....

Old 10-27-2010, 11:29 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default I feel like writing....

Well I am writing this not for all you that are well versed in the books of the bible (far be it for the student to act as the teacher) but for those of you that might not be. I totally encourage everyone to read this blog because as with lots of things in life you might already be very familiar with it but some times there are things to still be learned or relearned.

As some of you might know I am in a bible study class one night a week through my church (www.ccmurrieta.com) well we are in week 5 of our 14 week study on the book of Ephesians. A little back ground on this book is that first it really isn’t even a book. Ephesians is a letter written by Paul while he was imprisoned It is written to God's holy people in Ephesus, who are faithful followers of Christ Jesus. I won’t be giving you the entire letter only a small part of it that I felt would speak to you. The letter is very small and can be easily read in a matter of minutes. (Understanding all it has to offer might take a bit longer.) It was kind of funny to me when I first signed up for the bible study class I opened my bible and glanced over the letter and thought… How on earth are we going to spend 14 weeks talking about this tiny letter…? Heh… I might be a college grad but in some ways I am dumb beyond belief!

We were all encouraged to read the letter over many times and in as many formats as possible. Well I sat down and read the letter from start to finish... (New King James version) Ok… I kind of get what Paul is trying to say here... Then I read it in another format (one of my kid’s bibles) Ok... Now I see a few more things. Then I wondered off to Blue Letter Bible.com and read it in every different format they have and the funny thing was every time I read it I learned something new.

After reading Ephesians in its entirety approximately 30+ times now I have settled on a few key areas and formats that I thought others that may enjoy and gain from.

So here you go, like I said before this is a small part of this letter and I have tried to show it in a way that everyone can understand and enjoy. I look forward to any thoughts you have might have after reading it.

Cheers Tim

I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will give you mighty inner strength through his Holy Spirit.

And I pray that Christ will be more and more at home in your hearts as you trust in him. May your roots go down deep into the soil of God's marvelous love.

And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love really is.

May you experience the love of Christ, though it is so great you will never fully understand it. Then you will be filled with the fullness of life and power that comes from God.

Now glory be to God! By his mighty power at work within us, he is able to accomplish infinitely more than we would ever dare to ask or hope.

May he be given glory in the church and in Christ Jesus forever and ever through endless ages. Amen.

Therefore I, a prisoner for serving the Lord, beg you to lead a life worthy of your calling, for you have been called by God.

Be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other's faults because of your love.

Always keep yourselves united in the Holy Spirit, and bind yourselves together with peace.

We are all one body, we have the same Spirit, and we have all been called to the same glorious future.

There is only one Lord, one faith, one baptism, and there is only one God and Father, who is over us all and in us all and living through us all.

However, he has given each one of us a special gift according to the generosity of Christ.
That is why the Scriptures say, "When he ascended to the heights, he led a crowd of captives and gave gifts to his people."

Notice that it says "he ascended." This means that Christ first came down to the lowly world in which we live.

The same one who came down is the one who ascended higher than all the heavens, so that his rule might fill the entire universe.

He is the one who gave these gifts to the church: the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, and the pastors and teachers.

Their responsibility is to equip God's people to do his work and build up the church, the body of Christ, until we come to such unity in our faith and knowledge of God's Son that we will be mature and full grown in the Lord, measuring up to the full stature of Christ.

Then we will no longer be like children, forever changing our minds about what we believe because someone has told us something different or because someone has cleverly lied to us and made the lie sound like the truth.

Instead, we will hold to the truth in love, becoming more and more in every way like Christ, who is the head of his body, the church.

Under his direction, the whole body is fitted together perfectly. As each part does its own special work, it helps the other parts grow, so that the whole body is healthy and growing and full of love.

With the Lord's authority let me say this: Live no longer as the ungodly do, for they are hopelessly confused.

Their closed minds are full of darkness; they are far away from the life of God because they have shut their minds and hardened their hearts against him.

They don't care anymore about right and wrong, and they have given themselves over to immoral ways. Their lives are filled with all kinds of impurity and greed.

But that isn't what you were taught when you learned about Christ.
Since you have heard all about him and have learned the truth that is in Jesus, throw off your old evil nature and your former way of life, which is rotten through and through, full of lust and deception.

Instead, there must be a spiritual renewal of your thoughts and attitudes.

You must display a new nature because you are a new person, created in God's likeness-righteous, holy, and true.

So put away all falsehood and "tell your neighbor the truth" because we belong to each other.

And "don't sin by letting anger gain control over you." Don't let the sun go down while you are still angry, for anger gives a mighty foothold to the Devil.

If you are a thief, stop stealing. Begin using your hands for honest work, and then give generously to others in need.

Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them.

And do not bring sorrow to God's Holy Spirit by the way you live. Remember, he is the one who has identified you as his own, guaranteeing that you will be saved on the day of redemption.
Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander, as well as all types of malicious behavior.

Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you.

Follow God's example in everything you do, because you are his dear children.

Live a life filled with love for others, following the example of Christ, who loved you and gave himself as a sacrifice to take away your sins. And God was pleased, because that sacrifice was like sweet perfume to him.

Let there be no sexual immorality, impurity, or greed among you. Such sins have no place among God's people.
Obscene stories, foolish talk, and coarse jokes-these are not for you. Instead, let there be thankfulness to God.

You can be sure that no immoral, impure, or greedy person will inherit the Kingdom of Christ and of God. For a greedy person is really an idolater who worships the things of this world.

Don't be fooled by those who try to excuse these sins, for the terrible anger of God comes upon all those who disobey him.

Don't participate in the things these people do.

For though your hearts were once full of darkness, now you are full of light from the Lord, and your behavior should show it!

For this light within you produces only what is good and right and true.

Try to find out what is pleasing to the Lord.

Take no part in the worthless deeds of evil and darkness; instead, rebuke and expose them.

It is shameful even to talk about the things that ungodly people do in secret.

But when the light shines on them, it becomes clear how evil these things are.

And where your light shines, it will expose their evil deeds. This is why it is said,
"Awake, O sleeper, rise up from the dead, and Christ will give you light."
So be careful how you live, not as fools but as those who are wise.

Make the most of every opportunity for doing good in these evil days.

Don't act thoughtlessly, but try to understand what the Lord wants you to do.

Don't be drunk with wine, because that will ruin your life. Instead, let the Holy Spirit fill and control you.

Then you will sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs among yourselves, making music to the Lord in your hearts.

And you will always give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:17 PM
Tech Master

Tim-The book of Ephesians in a good one to study in your small group. Our church just finished a couple week long study re:Armor of faith (Eph 6) on that book and I was blessed by pastor in him having me do research for him. Now is the time when we can all use and develop some of the teachings found in that book that have to do with other forums in this section. If we keep our shield of faith in front of us the fiery darts of the enemy cannot penetrate our inner circle, and we can use the sword of the spirit both offensively and defensively to ward off and fight any deceptive tactic that comes upon us. By doing so we can walk more closely with our creator, our Lord, our heavenly Father and walk in unity with other believers as we are all members of the body of Christ.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I think we are at that point…

Here is a sort story; a diminutive look at the life’s of what we would both like to think is a normal couple. Really what is normal? Something we just grow to accept as normal or is normal something everyone does but in maybe cases like this have yet to write for all to read.
I have no idea what I am talking about so I will stop.

Ok, I said this would be short.

So in our house I am always the one to get into bed first ( I get up at 3:30am… enough said right?) and because of this I have been requested to turn down Jeni’s side of the blankets. Well I have no real explanation for this but I am sure Jeni has made this simple blanket repositioning appeal more times then I can count but for some reason due to being a man and having very little ability to process personnel comfort desires of others I have neglected this request and for this I am ashamed.

Everyday is a new start, or in this case every night is yet another chance.

In defense of my lack of consideration to my bride over this seemingly effortless task, I tend to be a person that likes to sleep with the blankets up around my neck and if I turn down one side my shoulder wants to peek out from its warm cotton and flannel cocoon. This I find to be nearly intolerable and can only imagine that this single disruption to my own physical happiness is to blame.
I do apologize as I am sure no one really wants to read about my sleeping habits and if the above descriptions have caused you any mental or physical damage please feel free to contact my attorneys as they will be reviewing all cases and offering compensation packages to help anyone effected to better cope.

Now with that out of the way.

So the other night I get into bed and turn down the blankets for Jeni and lay waiting to see if all my effort will pay off in a cascaded of adoration and thanks for my thoughtfulness. In the dark she walks over to her side of the bed and I can feel her feeling on the bed for the blankets to turn down. So with a bit of pride in my voice I engage the question. “What are you doing honey?, I already turned down the blankets.” As if this is something I have done everyday since the day we met.
The response was a puzzled, “You turned them down for me? Oh My Gosh I can’t believe it”

Awwww Sweet Sweet Victroy.

So the very next night comes and yet another chance to move up the list of the worlds greatest husbands, which I hear gives out awards at their yearly banquet and with my latest posturing has to move my ranking in the top 3 in the nation and honestly when you’re on a roll why stop. As per the normal, I get into bed first and turn down her side of the blankets. While the light was still on Jeni comes over to find the bed turned down for her. Below is the exact exchange between to the two of us.

Jeni: You turned down the blankets?
Tim: yup I sure did.
Jeni: wow
Jeni: When will we be at that point as husband and wife when you do that for me?
Tim: We are at that point…
Tim: I did it last night too.

At this point Jeni wandered back into the bathroom laughing.

Awww to be normal, isn’t it great.