Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > Club Forums > R/C Racers 4 Christ
I want to understand you guys' thought process. >

I want to understand you guys' thought process.

I want to understand you guys' thought process.

Old 10-27-2010, 01:17 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default I want to understand you guys' thought process.

Hello, first I’d like to apologize for some of my posts in here.

Obviously I’m an Atheist. But I’m not a 100% Atheist. I’m probably about 95% Atheist. What I mean by that is I’m 95% sure there is no God. Since nobody can prove a negative, that God doesn’t exist, you can’t be 100% sure. I see no evidence for a God so I don’t believe in God.

WyldThing, I’ve read many of your posts and I think you mostly fall back to the Bible as your source and proof of God. Do you believe that the Bible is the perfect word of God? Just for kicks I started reading Genesis, I’ve found several inconsistencies already. And some things that are just plain old hard to accept (like the 6 days of creation, and several 900 year old humans). A simple Google search brings up plenty of sites with hundreds of quotes from the Bible that are contradictory. If the Bible is not perfect, how can it be Gods creation? Are you 100% sure in your beliefs?

Thanks for your time.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:40 AM

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by GordonFreeman
Hello, first I’d like to apologize for some of my posts in here.

Obviously I’m an Atheist. But I’m not a 100% Atheist. I’m probably about 95% Atheist. What I mean by that is I’m 95% sure there is no God. Since nobody can prove a negative, that God doesn’t exist, you can’t be 100% sure. I see no evidence for a God so I don’t believe in God.

WyldThing, I’ve read many of your posts and I think you mostly fall back to the Bible as your source and proof of God. Do you believe that the Bible is the perfect word of God? Just for kicks I started reading Genesis, I’ve found several inconsistencies already. And some things that are just plain old hard to accept (like the 6 days of creation, and several 900 year old humans). A simple Google search brings up plenty of sites with hundreds of quotes from the Bible that are contradictory. If the Bible is not perfect, how can it be Gods creation? Are you 100% sure in your beliefs?

Thanks for your time.
God morning, Gordon!!!

First off, thank you for the apology; I appreciate that very much! As I'm sure that the others here do, as well.

Also, I think it's great that you decided to check out the Bible for yourself, I think that is just awesome.

To answer your question---yes, I am 100% sure in my heart that the Bible is 100% accurate. And I am 100% sure that the 'contradictory' things you think you are finding have all been explained by Biblical scholars that have made their entire lives into studying everything about the Bible, and they are far more wise than I.

Those websites with that info are also out there if you want to look for them.

Here's a couple of problems that I believe I see with you thoughts in your post---

One is, it seems that when reading the Bible, you seem to be more focused on trying to find something that you don't like, agree with, or that irritates you because it seems inconsistent to you, rather than just opening your heart to God and saying---you know, God, if you exist, Please help me understand You and Your Word. Would you open my heart and mind to understanding in these matters? And if that is truly the attitude of your heart, it's going to be much easier for you to find God and the answers that you seek, and to hear what He might be trying to tell you. Like you have read me say many times---God doesn't make us do anything. We have to be truly open to listening to Him and what He wants to teach us. If you don't want to believe, He's not going to force you....on this earth.

The other problem I think I see is---You are going to manmade/written websites to read and try to find out answers to a God-made Bible. People have been trying to tear down the Bible and Christianity for centuries now, and finding people that doubt the Word is no challenge, they are all over, and they all have an opinion. And you know what they say about opinions, right? So, my recomendation to you would be---if you want to study the Bible and learn about it, then study only things that God wrote about His book, or if you feel you must use the internet to help your studies, then stay on websites that are Christian based.

The sites that aren't Christian based are only speculation/opinions and try to use logic/science to try show inconsistencies of the Bible, and mean absolutely nothing to us here. We're not about 'logic' when it makes a feeble attempt to contradict the Bible. God never said that He tired to be logical so we would understand.

Wisdom would say---if you truly want to know what the 'Author' of a book was/is trying to tell you, the read the actual book for yourself, or check with the people that know the Author the best. DON'T ignore the author and His book, and DON'T turn to people that don't even know the author to find the answers to your questions. You will leave more confused than you were when you got there to listen to them.

Also, you said---"WyldThing, I’ve read many of your posts and I think you mostly fall back to the Bible as your source and proof of God".

I wanted to say that, whatever I have said that made you think I don't fall back on the Bible for ALL my beliefs and proof of God, wasn't what I would've been trying to portray. I believe 100% that the Bible IS 100% accurate, and it is 100% my backup and proof of God.

In closing---you can find all the info on the internet that you want, to help fuel your desire not to believe in God, or to fuel your disbelief in the Bible. But when you truly have a relationship with the Lord, and you know that He is your Lord and Savior, then You KNOW in your heart that He is real, and that His holy Word is 100% true. You know this because you know God.

Personally, when someone asks me about reading the Bible for the first time, I usually resommend to them that they read the book of John first. It gives the most complete picture of who Jesus was/is, what He is about, what He came for, and what He accomplished.

You wanna know about the Bible? Then it would be wise to know the Author for yourself. And most would tell you that it is unwise to make a decision like you have (choosing NOT to believe in God), without being completely informed, and taking the time to study for yourself what the God that you choose to reject, is all about.

Another thing---since you are an athiest (mostly), I think most of the questions you are going to have, have already been addressed recently in the thread the Pooh started. So if you have read that thread, and you are hoping for different info or answers to the same questions in this thread, you won't get it. If your questions are the same, our answers will be the same.

Hope that helps...

God Bless!
Brad

Last edited by WYLDTHING; 10-27-2010 at 09:14 AM.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:43 AM

Pooh---this is the racers for CHRIST forum. NOT racers for athiests forum. If you want to come in here and talk about God and ask questions to learn, then great. But you won't be allowed to come in and try and answer questions about God with athiest answers. If you want to talk about your need to be an athiest, then feel free to do it elsewhere.

I deleted your posts...again!

Thanks, Brad
Old 10-27-2010, 08:54 AM
Tech Master

Default Praise and Thanksgiving

Dear Lord, We thank you that You allow us to come unto You with a clean heart by seeking forgiveness for our daily sins. We thank You for all the brothers and sisters who stood together rightly dividing the word of truth to stop the enemy in his footsteps. We pray You continue to give us the encouragement, strength, wisdom and knowledge to help those who desire to learn to walk closer with You. Thank you Lord for all the lessons learned and all you have given us. In Jesus name- Amen
Old 10-27-2010, 09:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bowl806
Dear Lord, We thank you that You allow us to come unto You with a clean heart by seeking forgiveness for our daily sins. We thank You for all the brothers and sisters who stood together rightly dividing the word of truth to stop the enemy in his footsteps. We pray You continue to give us the encouragement, strength, wisdom and knowledge to help those who desire to learn to walk closer with You. Thank you Lord for all the lessons learned and all you have given us. In Jesus name- Amen

+1
Old 10-27-2010, 09:31 AM

Yes I deleted your post again, Pooh.

You can call me a hypocrite if you want, Pooh. You only want to try and 'win', here.

Like I have said---you don't want to learn, you only want to air your foolish beliefs, and ask questions that have answers in the Bible. Answers that you refuse to accept. So we can't help you. However, at least when we quote the Bible we believe it, which is more than I can say for your hypocritical ways.

God Bless you my friend.

Brad
Old 10-27-2010, 09:52 AM

Jeff, Eric--

Feel free to add anything to my original post. Your thoughts? Anything I might've missed or addressed incorrectly? Jump in and add in if needed.

Thanks,
Brad
Old 10-27-2010, 10:49 AM
Tech Master

My only input for an athiest is that our understanding and belief in the Holy Bible is based on faith. It is not my calling to minister to an athiest so any discussion would be questions and debates (and I've already been there-done that.) I have always believed in the Word of God; it's just something that you know that you know. There is no physical proof that I can show someone that Yes indeed there is a God or no there is not. Once again, it's all about faith; I would rather be a freak for Jesus than a sucker for Satan.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WYLDTHING
Jeff, Eric--

Feel free to add anything to my original post. Your thoughts? Anything I might've missed or addressed incorrectly? Jump in and add in if needed.

Thanks,
Brad
Originally Posted by bowl806
My only input for an athiest is that our understanding and belief in the Holy Bible is based on faith. It is not my calling to minister to an athiest so any discussion would be questions and debates (and I've already been there-done that.) I have always believed in the Word of God; it's just something that you know that you know. There is no physical proof that I can show someone that Yes indeed there is a God or no there is not. Once again, it's all about faith; I would rather be a freak for Jesus than a sucker for Satan.
I think you do an excellent job Brad and don't feel a need to update what you say usually. I air on the side of Eric on this as well.

I suspect that Poohs heart isn't just closed to God.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

Bible says the earth is round.................
Old 10-27-2010, 12:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pooh2
Matthew 4:8
Again the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor.

Only way that can be done is if they thought it was flat.
Dude why do you feel the need to just come in here and antagonize people with faith?? Don't you have anyting else you can do?? It's really not cool.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Pooh2
Matthew 4:8
Again the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor.

Only way that can be done is if they thought it was flat.
First of all how can the devil give what is not his? You've missed the point only because you have shut your eyes. It's not about the earth being flat, round, oblong, triangular or whatever or peace.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:03 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by WYLDTHING
Yes I deleted your post again, Pooh.

You can call me a hypocrite if you want, Pooh. You only want to try and 'win', here.

Like I have said---you don't want to learn, you only want to air your foolish beliefs, and ask questions that have answers in the Bible. Answers that you refuse to accept. So we can't help you. However, at least when we quote the Bible we believe it, which is more than I can say for your hypocritical ways.

God Bless you my friend.

Brad

He''ll be lucky if lighting does not strike um...
Old 10-27-2010, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by gashuffer
Dude why do you feel the need to just come in here and antagonize people with faith?? Don't you have anyting else you can do?? It's really not cool.
Thank you 'huffer....We kinda think it's not too cool, either.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:18 PM
Tech Master

Brother Brad: LOL! The enemy is on a rampage because we are standing up against his principalities and deception.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.