thanks wyldthing...

Reply

Old 10-20-2010, 12:27 PM
  #1  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
 
hakmazter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,468
Default thanks wyldthing...

http://www.rctech.net/forum/chat-lou...-goodness.html
hakmazter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 04:02 AM
  #2  
Moderator
iTrader: (151)
 
WYLDTHING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Justa passin through.......
Posts: 4,617
Trader Rating: 151 (99%+)
Default

Wow..another 'interesting' thread. Makes me very sad when I read the posts of people that hate God sooooo much.... People that have no clue what God or Christianity is all about, but want to bash and bash, and bash....


Just like some people that have never even seen or tried a certain brand of r/c car, and yet want to badmouth it!!! Ever heard of that happening???

My lesson tonight to the teens? (well last night now I guess..lol.)----I've concluded that satan has created the perfect storm. A storm where he has been able to get people to graudually ignore Got more and more. They ignore His instruction and His love because they choose to for whatever reason they have, and then here's the kicker!!

The choose to ignore Him, and then want to blame Him for everything that is wrong or bad in the world or their lives!! HEELLLLOOO!!!!

When God says no, it's to protect us. And most of the time, it's to protect us from ourselves!

satan's perfect storm---trick people into believing they don't need God, and then convince those same people that everything bad that happens is God's fault...lol. SOOOOO sad....

But I'm still not sure why the title of Thanks WYLDTHING...??? Not sure what I am being thanked for...

By the way---GREAT work in there my Brother!!!!

God Bless!
Brad
WYLDTHING is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:11 AM
  #3  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 774
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by WYLDTHING View Post
Wow..another 'interesting' thread. Makes me very sad when I read the posts of people that hate God sooooo much.... People that have no clue what God or Christianity is all about, but want to bash and bash, and bash....


Just like some people that have never even seen or tried a certain brand of r/c car, and yet want to badmouth it!!! Ever heard of that happening???

My lesson tonight to the teens? (well last night now I guess..lol.)----I've concluded that satan has created the perfect storm. A storm where he has been able to get people to graudually ignore Got more and more. They ignore His instruction and His love because they choose to for whatever reason they have, and then here's the kicker!!

The choose to ignore Him, and then want to blame Him for everything that is wrong or bad in the world or their lives!! HEELLLLOOO!!!!

When God says no, it's to protect us. And most of the time, it's to protect us from ourselves!

satan's perfect storm---trick people into believing they don't need God, and then convince those same people that everything bad that happens is God's fault...lol. SOOOOO sad....

But I'm still not sure why the title of Thanks WYLDTHING...??? Not sure what I am being thanked for...

By the way---GREAT work in there my Brother!!!!

God Bless!
Brad
What i find about people who hate God is that they are usually not well liked by others. They aren't the kind of people you would call "loving" or "compassionate". Its hard to love God when you don't love yourself.

Does anyone actually sit back and look at our society and realize that when most adults get further along in age, they tend to gravitate towards God.
18-35 y/o feel comfortable without God.
40-55 y/o range God becomes more important in their lives and they begin going to church. The church is largely made up of this age group.

Why is that?
Maturity?
Been there done that, looking for something better??

I know enough about life to know i am not the smartest, or the holiest or the wisest but i know people who are and usually they are older than I....

So, i model my life and learn my lessons from the ones who came before me..........

I imagine that Pride is a big factor here......(especially for men)
Ghostrider86 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 08:59 AM
  #4  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
 
hakmazter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,468
Default

You told me to post.

I actually enjoy debating things......

I branched out into off topic.......
hakmazter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 09:55 AM
  #5  
Moderator
iTrader: (151)
 
WYLDTHING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Justa passin through.......
Posts: 4,617
Trader Rating: 151 (99%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hakmazter View Post
You told me to post.

I actually enjoy debating things......

I branched out into off topic.......
Oh! Well shoot---Thank you very much, but don't thank me. Glory to God, because He is the one that gives us the courage and wisdom to speak up---and speak up you did! It was GREAT!

And, with your personal interests in the hobby, you actually have more at risk in some ways than anyone in here when you take a stand, and therefore, more ways for God to show you His love and protection through those times. And because of that, it takes more courage from you than it does me!

God helped you get the ball rollin, so don't let it stop now my Brother!


Jeff----good stuff, I couldn't agree more. Just think if we could somehow get ourselves more focused on the Lord in our youth how different the world would be. I look back at my life and just shake my head with disgust.....Stupid is as stupid does!...lol.

I believe the reason is like you said----been there and done that. As we get older and we have had the chance and resources to try more things to fill that God-shaped hole in our hearts, we find that nothing else seems to be a very good 'filler'. So in our own stupidity, we finally take notice of God and what He has to offer.

That geico commercial where they are singing "I want more" just cracks me up. As they keep showing us the keys to some new 'toy', it reminds me of how we are now in our society. Just keep buying something new and we'll be 'happy'! Needless to say, I've fallen for that in the past and 'more' never really got it for me! Of course--- I've never been the sharpest knife in the drawer, either!...lol.

As a Youth Paster now (volunteer), it scares me just how little the kids know about God. And even worse, how little they even care about learning! Not good! They view God as a genie in a bottle...just call on Him when you want something, but don't bother me otherwise. Been a real eye opener for me.


God Bless!
Brad
WYLDTHING is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:34 PM
  #6  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 246
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Wow, didn't even know RCTech had a religious board. And yeah, you guys have taken some brutal abuse it looks like lately. Kudos for keeping it all together. I just figured I take this opportunity to jump in here and say although it may seem like there are a lot of haters out there, not everyone who questions Christianity goes about so disrespectfully. You have to attribute a bunch of that to the nature of the forums...people tend to say things over a computer that they wouldn't normally say to someone in a face to face conversation.

Although I do not attend church or consider myself part of any religion, as I have some issue with they way organized religion is conducted, I do believe in a higher power and respect others religious beliefs. I'll have to jump in here more often and get involved whenever I have questions or opinions to share, but I will always keep it respectful and civil.
Ferenczy36 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:42 AM
  #7  
Moderator
iTrader: (151)
 
WYLDTHING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Justa passin through.......
Posts: 4,617
Trader Rating: 151 (99%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Ferenczy36 View Post
Wow, didn't even know RCTech had a religious board. And yeah, you guys have taken some brutal abuse it looks like lately. Kudos for keeping it all together. I just figured I take this opportunity to jump in here and say although it may seem like there are a lot of haters out there, not everyone who questions Christianity goes about so disrespectfully. You have to attribute a bunch of that to the nature of the forums...people tend to say things over a computer that they wouldn't normally say to someone in a face to face conversation.

Although I do not attend church or consider myself part of any religion, as I have some issue with they way organized religion is conducted, I do believe in a higher power and respect others religious beliefs. I'll have to jump in here more often and get involved whenever I have questions or opinions to share, but I will always keep it respectful and civil.
Hey Ferenczy, welcome aboard!

Yeah, we have had some that have been coming in and posing as people that want to talk and learn about God, but when their true colors finally come out, we know that they don't really want to talk and learn about God, they just want to come in and try and push their beliefs off on us. And argue that God doesn't really exist.

By all means, join us as we all learn about God more every day. We enjoy good, sincere, conversation about God, as we ALL have MUCH to learn when it comes to our Glorious Lord.

Again, welcome to you, and we'll look forward to getting to know you!

God Bless!
Brad
WYLDTHING is offline  
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service