Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > Club Forums > R/C Racers 4 Christ
Why do you guys still believe in god? >

Why do you guys still believe in god?

Why do you guys still believe in god?

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

Default Why do you guys still believe in god?

I'd just like to know.
Old 10-10-2010, 04:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Pooh2 View Post
I'd just like to know.
Well it's like this: There is no possible way to convince anybody there is in fact a heaven or hell. It's all about faith. How do you know the chair you're sitting in will not just collapse right in the middle of what you're doing? I would rather take a chance and believe there is a God and to live in eternity with all the joy, strength,and hope than not and live in a place for all eternity where there is gnashing of teeth and a anguish that can never be quenched. You can't believe in only part of the story; either you do believe or you don't. To those that believe; what if we're right? And to those who don't; what if you're wrong? Merely my opinion.
Old 10-10-2010, 04:23 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I'd just like to know.
The same reason people still believe in Santa Clause
Old 10-10-2010, 04:25 PM
Tech Master

you mean to say you don't believe in Santa Claus either? lol!
Old 10-10-2010, 04:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

never mix religion with any forum or anything...
that's just so not worth the critic of this post even stated as a opinion...

religion starts wars...:P
Old 10-10-2010, 11:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bowl806 View Post
Well it's like this: There is no possible way to convince anybody there is in fact a heaven or hell. It's all about faith. How do you know the chair you're sitting in will not just collapse right in the middle of what you're doing? I would rather take a chance and believe there is a God and to live in eternity with all the joy, strength,and hope than not and live in a place for all eternity where there is gnashing of teeth and a anguish that can never be quenched. You can't believe in only part of the story; either you do believe or you don't. To those that believe; what if we're right? And to those who don't; what if you're wrong? Merely my opinion.
People don't really believe in god. They are just afraid that something will happen to them or their family if they admit that they don't. The bible says you must do more than believe or say that you believe. No god that loves you would put you into hell if you don't believe and treat people right. Religion is for people that have no faith in themselves. God is for the hopeless! And trust me, there is no heaven or hell!
Old 10-10-2010, 11:46 PM
Tech Master

ok so I shared my view and you shared yours.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bowl806 View Post
ok so I shared my view and you shared yours.
Do you and have you read the entire bible? I'm asking cause I have. And if so then can you answer some questions then. I find that 99% of people go off of hear say when it comes to the bible and do little or no research of their own.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:04 AM

Trader Rating: 151 (99%+)

Do you and have you read the entire bible? I'm asking cause I have. And if so then can you answer some questions then. I find that 99% of people go off of hear say when it comes to the bible and do little or no research of their own.
Yip, read it many times. And trust GOD---there is a Heaven and Hell, whether YOU believe it or not. The real question here is----with all the evidence proving that God exists, why do people NOT still believe there is only ONE God.

And this is the Racers 4 Christ section, we can freely talk about God in here all we want. If you don't want to be a part of that discussiion, then you are free to hang out in the sections where they don't talk about God.

Religion doesn't start wars, people do. There have been MANY wars over the centuries, and 99% of them had NOTHING to do with religion. Hmmm....So I wonder why so many think that religions starts wars?? Interesting...

It's funny, cuz whenever Christians take a stand for what the Bible says is right and true, we are called bigots, war-starters, unforgiving, hypocritical, etc... But when people want to put a stop to Christianity, they are called freedom fighters, intelligent, peace-makers, etc....lol. That's too funny, cuz those people are ACTUALLY the hypocrites--thinking they should only be the ones allowed to voice what THEY believe is right!...lol. They scream FREE SPEECH FOR EVERYONE---unless it's Christianity...lol.

Gotta love it!...lol.

Brad
Old 10-11-2010, 10:08 AM

No god that loves you would put you into hell if you don't believe and treat people right.
And you claim to have read the Bible??? You must have not been paying attention when you did. God gives us PLENTY of chances to accept Him as our Savior when we are on the earth. The Bible clearly states that if we refuse His invitation for that relationship, we WILL go to Hell when we die. You might want to read up on that part again....

Brad
Old 10-11-2010, 11:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by WYLDTHING View Post
And you claim to have read the Bible??? You must have not been paying attention when you did. God gives us PLENTY of chances to accept Him as our Savior when we are on the earth. The Bible clearly states that if we refuse His invitation for that relationship, we WILL go to Hell when we die. You might want to read up on that part again....

Brad
Why would he give a chance when he started all the problems? He should forgive us for something he did? C'mon now where and when does this make since? If you don't raise your kids right and they turn out bad who's fault is yours or the child? God if there was one didn't make things easy and could have.

Another thing, where is your proof there is a god? Please share this. There is NO proof to be honest with you. Almost everything in the universe can be explained so...And I'm not trying to start trouble. This is a friendly topic to me.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:35 PM

Why would he give a chance when he started all the problems? He should forgive us for something he did? C'mon now where and when does this make since? If you don't raise your kids right and they turn out bad who's fault is yours or the child? God if there was one didn't make things easy and could have.

Another thing, where is your proof there is a god? Please share this. There is NO proof to be honest with you. Almost everything in the universe can be explained so...And I'm not trying to start trouble. This is a friendly topic to me.
Hey Pooh...

We have to remember that God created a perfect, sinless, world. The Garden of Eden was a paradise where all they had to do was work the garden and eat of the fruit. We (humans) brought sin into the world when Eve ate of the tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. That was the ONLY restriction we know of that they had in the Garden, and they blew it. So God can't be blamed for the evil in this world, we are the ones that chose to disobey and sin.

The Bible says in Proverbs to "raise up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old, he will not depart from it". We have to remember that Proverbs was written by Solomon, the wisest man to ever walk the earth (other than Jesus), and that these are just wise sayings, and NOT promises. They are 'rules of thumb' if we try and live wisely according to Biblical wisdom. God gives us freedom of choice, right? Would you want it any other way? Do we as humans like to be controlled all the time? No, we hate being controlled, it's our nature to rebel against that. So, out of His mercy and love, God created us and lets us live our lives and make our own decisions. So when someone decides to murder, you can't blame God for that, He didn't make the person choose to murder.

When a child rebels against his parents, it can be either or both the parents and/or the childs fault. Just because a child is brought up correctly, doesn't mean they will always make the right decisions. Look at it this way---the Bible says that when we come to know the Lord as our savior, we become a 'child of God'. God is perfect in every way, including being our 'Father' in heaven. So if He is the perfect parent, then why wouldn't His 'children' (Christians) always make the right decision and therefore never sin? Because He gives us freedom of choice, and we don't always make the right ones. Just like in the Garden of Eden. Eve chose badly, and brought sin and death into the world by her poor choice. God doesn't tempt anyone to sin, He merely allows us to choose our own paths. So we can't blame Him for sin---it's always our choice whether to sin or not.

Whether God exists or not is a matter faith and belief in your own heart. Science tries to expain away many things that God has created, but in Romans 1:18-20 it says---"But God shows His anger from Heaven against all sinful, wicked people who push the truth away from themselves. 19)For the truth about God is known to them instictively. God has put this knowledge in their hearts. 20)From the time the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky and all that God has made. They can clearly see His invisible qualities---His eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse whatsoever for not knowing God."

Just like everything else, God gives us the choice of whether we want to believe in Him or not. But the Bible just said that it's known instictively to us, so we either follow that, or not. It's once again, up to us. God never MAKES us DO anything. Science tries to explain away God, but there are MANY scientists that have set out to prove that God was a myth, only to have their very own studies prove to them that there has to be a God. You can do research on the inet and find out more about them if you wish.

Doesn't it seem strange that our earth is getting worse? People are doing more drugs, raping, stealing, hurting others, getting divorced, getting drunk, etc... more than ever before. This is all happening as we as a country try harder to push God out of our society in every way we can. When God is removed, things get worse---every time.

I live by this----

No God. No Peace.

Know God---Know peace.

Hope that helps you, Sir! I'll look forward to reading your thoughts....

God Bless!
Brad Lee
Old 10-11-2010, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WYLDTHING View Post
Hey Pooh...

We have to remember that God created a perfect, sinless, world. The Garden of Eden was a paradise where all they had to do was work the garden and eat of the fruit. We (humans) brought sin into the world when Eve ate of the tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. That was the ONLY restriction we know of that they had in the Garden, and they blew it. So God can't be blamed for the evil in this world, we are the ones that chose to disobey and sin.

The Bible says in Proverbs to "raise up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old, he will not depart from it". We have to remember that Proverbs was written by Solomon, the wisest man to ever walk the earth (other than Jesus), and that these are just wise sayings, and NOT promises. They are 'rules of thumb' if we try and live wisely according to Biblical wisdom. God gives us freedom of choice, right? Would you want it any other way? Do we as humans like to be controlled all the time? No, we hate being controlled, it's our nature to rebel against that. So, out of His mercy and love, God created us and lets us live our lives and make our own decisions. So when someone decides to murder, you can't blame God for that, He didn't make the person choose to murder.

When a child rebels against his parents, it can be either or both the parents and/or the childs fault. Just because a child is brought up correctly, doesn't mean they will always make the right decisions. Look at it this way---the Bible says that when we come to know the Lord as our savior, we become a 'child of God'. God is perfect in every way, including being our 'Father' in heaven. So if He is the perfect parent, then why wouldn't His 'children' (Christians) always make the right decision and therefore never sin? Because He gives us freedom of choice, and we don't always make the right ones. Just like in the Garden of Eden. Eve chose badly, and brought sin and death into the world by her poor choice. God doesn't tempt anyone to sin, He merely allows us to choose our own paths. So we can't blame Him for sin---it's always our choice whether to sin or not.

Whether God exists or not is a matter faith and belief in your own heart. Science tries to expain away many things that God has created, but in Romans 1:18-20 it says---"But God shows His anger from Heaven against all sinful, wicked people who push the truth away from themselves. 19)For the truth about God is known to them instictively. God has put this knowledge in their hearts. 20)From the time the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky and all that God has made. They can clearly see His invisible qualities---His eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse whatsoever for not knowing God."

Just like everything else, God gives us the choice of whether we want to believe in Him or not. But the Bible just said that it's known instictively to us, so we either follow that, or not. It's once again, up to us. God never MAKES us DO anything. Science tries to explain away God, but there are MANY scientists that have set out to prove that God was a myth, only to have their very own studies prove to them that there has to be a God. You can do research on the inet and find out more about them if you wish.

Doesn't it seem strange that our earth is getting worse? People are doing more drugs, raping, stealing, hurting others, getting divorced, getting drunk, etc... more than ever before. This is all happening as we as a country try harder to push God out of our society in every way we can. When God is removed, things get worse---every time.

I live by this----

No God. No Peace.

Know God---Know peace.

Hope that helps you, Sir! I'll look forward to reading your thoughts....

God Bless!
Brad Lee
Well said,i am sure if this was a different religion this question would have not been asked,gotta love it lol,i believe and dont have to explian to anyone,funny hoe people want this question answered but if ask why is someone a atheist then all heck breaks loose,talk about double standards guess those that don't believe will have there questions answered soon enough.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:10 PM
Tech Master

Thanks steve eaves, WYLDTHING and all brothers and sisters in Christ for backing up what I had originally said. And to answer your question Pooh2, "have I read the Bible?" Yes I have;also I must restate that everybody has the choice to either believe or not. I would much rather be a freak for Jesus that a sucker for Satan.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:14 PM
Tech Adept

Lee Strobel has some dvd's you may want to watch.
The case for Christ
The case for a Creator
The case for Faith

Lee was a aethist and I think he does a good job sharing his research that led him to Christ.

As far as a debate on the bible it all starts with 2 Timothy 3:16, if you do not believe that then there is nothing to debate.

May God's grace open your heart.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service