Search

Team Holy Rollerz National

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 06:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Team Holy Rollerz National

I got this email last night on my iPhone and totally thought this was a RC race in TX......... I was already making plans in my head if i could make it there or not!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Fellow Holy Rollerz,

The planning committee is pleased to announce our first-annual Holy Rollerz Nationals, which will take place over the weekend of June 11-13th, 2010 in Houston, Texas. This will be the first nationwide gathering of our Holy Rollerz family. We look forward to meeting hundreds of other Holy Rollerz, fellowshipping and being ministered to by Brian and Gustavo.

There are already a lot of exciting details in the forums at: http://holyrollerz.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=81

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Then i went on there this morning to figure out it was another car club i joined a while back.

But that brings up a thought........ Why can't we do that!
Wouldn't that be awesome to put on a race, or pick a big race to attend together as representatives of the Holy Rollers!

It can be done regionally effectively, and possibly nationally!

Just my thoughts......

Anybody want to add there thoughts?
Old 03-22-2010, 04:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Sounds like a plan to me. Team Holy Rollers out in force. I think it would be a blessing to meet all of you and fellowship with one another in person. I'll try to make an event with my dated rig and poor driving skills if my work schedule allows.

My wife and I have been thinking about moving out of California and one place we (actually me) are leaning towards moving is Texas.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tree
Sounds like a plan to me. Team Holy Rollers out in force. I think it would be a blessing to meet all of you and fellowship with one another in person. I'll try to make an event with my dated rig and poor driving skills if my work schedule allows.

My wife and I have been thinking about moving out of California and one place we (actually me) are leaning towards moving is Texas.
I enjoyed Texas when i lived there. California is soooo expensive! I can't believe people actually afford to live there! LOL

I would love to meet up with you guys! I was part of a news group years back called RMD (Rec.motorcycles.dirt) and we were from all over the world. We would have gatherings every year all over the place. The people that could make it out would come!
We had gatherings in Moab UT, Texas, Atlanta, South Carolina, Ohio, Colorado and California!

It was a blast to meet these guys with different personalities from different parts of the country. We had a blast doing it an always had Epic times to remember!
Moab was June of 2000 for me and i remember it like it was yesterday!

I think we should pick a big event happening somewhere (like the nationals in IL) and shoot to attend and fellowship. Maybe even talk with the event promoters to open the racing with a prayer.
We open with prayer here every race i have been too.
Is that common at other RC races?
Old 08-14-2010, 03:49 PM
Tech Regular

The midwest would be a great location to get everyone together.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Well!!! AS a former paster would say!

God put this on your heart, so your the director!!!

Needs to be a place where the offroadonroadovalairplaneboat members can all enjoy this get togather.

For real >> I'm behind you all the way Ghostrider86!
Old 08-16-2010, 06:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tmail55
Well!!! AS a former paster would say!

God put this on your heart, so your the director!!!

Needs to be a place where the offroadonroadovalairplaneboat members can all enjoy this get togather.

For real >> I'm behind you all the way Ghostrider86!
LOL, thanks REV!

Its gonna be hard to find a local that suits all. Good news is most people have multi cars of different racing styles.

I only have offroad, so you know where i am leaning!

What do you think would be better Rev?

Attending a big event (ROAR NATS) sporting THR T's, with a booth and presence. Those who want to participate can race. We all pit out of some type of area offering A/c , cold drinks, ice cream, car assistance and prayer to anyone who needs it?

Or should we contact a facility somewhere and set up an event for the THR guys to have some fun with each other.

Both sound great to me, but honestly if i am getting together with a bunch of brothers(and maybe sisters) in Christ, i would rather it not be behind closed doors as our mission is to share the word of Christ with everyone, not just keep it within our own community.

What do you think?

Old 08-16-2010, 08:05 AM
SPN
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 201 (100%+)

sounds like a great idea! Where is there a place where you can do on road, offroad, fly, and use boats? I've only thought of places that do 2 out of the four.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:26 AM
Tech Rookie

if you are going to get guys from all over the country( or maybe even international), most people would be spending a few days wherever it is. why dont you find an area( town, or suburb) that caters for everyone, but at different venues. run the cars at the local track, then, that afternoon, or next day, go to the airfield, etc. what you then do is give the plane guys a bit of as run and instruction on the car scene, and vice versa. builds more personal relationships, and gives everybody a chance to have a go at a different part of the hobby. then have a sat. night service with a bbq, or something. just my thoughts.
jurgon
Old 08-20-2010, 04:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by pumba
if you are going to get guys from all over the country( or maybe even international), most people would be spending a few days wherever it is. why dont you find an area( town, or suburb) that caters for everyone, but at different venues. run the cars at the local track, then, that afternoon, or next day, go to the airfield, etc. what you then do is give the plane guys a bit of as run and instruction on the car scene, and vice versa. builds more personal relationships, and gives everybody a chance to have a go at a different part of the hobby. then have a sat. night service with a bbq, or something. just my thoughts.
jurgon
Thanks for the input, i never even thought about flying RC. How hard it is it to travel with an Airplane on an Airplane??
Old 08-20-2010, 07:09 AM
Tech Rookie

dont know, but if you take it by car, its called a shipment, but send it by ship, its called cargo.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

Well I would be a little bias but I think the Northwest would be a great place for those things if we can predict the weather. There is a HUGE outdoor flying park in Renton (suburb of Seattle) there are 3 top notch indoor/offroad racing facilities up and down Interstate 5, a handful of onroad tracks outdoor, lakes everywhere for boats, and my pastor is so cool he drove all the way to Yosemite National Park in CA from WA just to perform my wedding so I'm sure he would love to perform the service!
Old 08-26-2010, 04:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Neu_Racer
Well I would be a little bias but I think the Northwest would be a great place for those things if we can predict the weather. There is a HUGE outdoor flying park in Renton (suburb of Seattle) there are 3 top notch indoor/offroad racing facilities up and down Interstate 5, a handful of onroad tracks outdoor, lakes everywhere for boats, and my pastor is so cool he drove all the way to Yosemite National Park in CA from WA just to perform my wedding so I'm sure he would love to perform the service!
Ok so Neu Racer is on the committee. I have him down for providing plane tickets and lodging for everyone........
Old 08-26-2010, 06:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ghostrider86
Ok so Neu Racer is on the committee. I have him down for providing plane tickets and lodging for everyone........
Lodging I could do for a few people and I've got a few acres for people to camp if they wanted to "rough it" but pockets aren't deep enough for plane tickets, sorry.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:51 AM
SPN
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 201 (100%+)

Hey Jon as long as there's a place to crash I'm down. I'd love to meet you and this would be the perfect opportunity!

I'd fly in for that!

Alright this is progressing...I love the idea and I'm hoping that it gets implemented

Carey