Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > Club Forums > R/C Racers 4 Christ
Found this video, not sure what to make of it? >

Found this video, not sure what to make of it?

Found this video, not sure what to make of it?

Old 05-21-2010, 07:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Found this video, not sure what to make of it?

Should i laugh, or be insulted?

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:42 PM
Tech Rookie

I believe that being a Christian is "choice" not because of gay scientists with nothing better to do.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:59 PM
Tech Adept

The 'anchor man' is a well known Australian comedian... often risky comedy. They will playing on the 'gay gene' idea... trying to make some people laugh, while happy to offend others in the name of a laugh.

Pinch of salt with this one.
Old 05-22-2010, 05:22 AM
Tech Rookie

It doesn't make me laugh. The 'anchor man' is mocking Christians, but Jesus was mocked as well. Look up mocking in the bible and you see why it doesn't make me laugh.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:59 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by shauncarman View Post
It doesn't make me laugh. The 'anchor man' is mocking Christians, but Jesus was mocked as well. Look up mocking in the bible and you see why it doesn't make me laugh.
AMEN! Not funny to me either. I do not think the Lord is laughing either. What has our society come to... oh wait the Bible tells us! Guys I am ready to go home!

By the wat very cool signature shauncarman
Old 05-23-2010, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

This is a sheer oxymoronical comedy of the recent news of a possible "gay gene" and that people are born that way instead of it being a lifestyle choice.

I thought it was not my type of comedy, but I got it for what it was. Of course, there was the CNNN scrolling across the bottom.......

Personally, I don't think it was an attack on Christianity at all, just a convenient scapegoat that is "safe" If they would have used a "Islam" gene, there could be potential death threats, etc.... I'm not worried that anyone should be offended.
Old 05-23-2010, 04:09 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hakmazter View Post
This is a sheer oxymoronical comedy of the recent news of a possible "gay gene" and that people are born that way instead of it being a lifestyle choice.

I thought it was not my type of comedy, but I got it for what it was. Of course, there was the CNNN scrolling across the bottom.......

Personally, I don't think it was an attack on Christianity at all, just a convenient scapegoat that is "safe" If they would have used a "Islam" gene, there could be potential death threats, etc.... I'm not worried that anyone should be offended.
I agree with you as I do not think it was an attack on Christianity either. Just poor taste of humor.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

I got to reading the cnn scroll LOL!!!

The rest is a joke, even in bad taste, just a joke.

As a Christian, I hate the sin not the sinner.

Romans 1:26-27 KJV
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:19 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tmail55 View Post
I got to reading the cnn scroll LOL!!!

The rest is a joke, even in bad taste, just a joke.

As a Christian, I hate the sin not the sinner.

Romans 1:26-27 KJV
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet.
Perfect, I agree, hate the sin not the sinner. We are not to hate people no matter what their capacity to sin is.... uhm we are all sinners, I am a sinner just forgiven by the grace of God. I had to learn that one the hard way, but I thank the Lord that I did learn it, now to try and perfect it, phew. There is only one Judge and it surely is not me!
Old 05-24-2010, 12:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Awesome thanks for chiming in guys! I always like to hear other peoples thoughts on this kind of thing!
Old 05-24-2010, 01:50 PM

Trader Rating: 151 (99%+)

I think the video is pathetic and very offensive.

All it is another slam at Christians and Christianity because we maintain that the Bible teaches that people are NOT born gay, and that it is a chosen lifestyle. So in return, they make a video under the mask of humor, making light of what the Bible teaches, and we're supposed to think that it is funny? I'm sorry, but anything that ever makes light of, or makes fun of the Bible and God's children that believe and follow it, will never be funny to me. And I rather doubt that Jesus would be laughing at it either.

Perverted puns, Christian slanders, sexual innuendo's, and off-color jokes, are what fill our supposedly 'family' shows on t.v. now, and the last time I checked, the Bible clearly stated to flee from all impure thoughts. And this type of 'humor' to me, is no different....making fun of the Bible and Christians in a supposed light-hearted skit. Sad....

This kind of junk is how satan has been planting seeds of acceptance for centuries now. All through some sort of backdoor scheme masked by humor, supposed good entertainment, or some other supposedly worthy 'cause'.

Like the old saying goes....if you can honestly laugh at it, you've accepted it.

All it does is give people that don't know much about Jesus, the Bible, or Christians another reason NOT to take it seriously, or even worse...to laugh at it. We have to remember that most who see it may not know anything about the Bible, and will just soak it up as 'great stuff' cuz it makes fun of all the preachers and evangelists that speak out against the gay lifestyle. Very destructive seeds being planted by satan, in my opinion!

Brad
Old 05-24-2010, 02:23 PM
Tech Master

no social redeeming value.
Old 05-24-2010, 03:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Why doesnt he pick on Islam? There are more political minefields and the real threat of being killed if that 'funnyman' decided to talk or even jest at Islam.
But he goes after Christianity because EVERYONE mocks Christ. South Park, movies, drama, Posters, websites etc.

Christians would rather laugh along with the crowd instead of being counted amongst the ones who decide that 'enough is enough'. I do not know why there are still people who still think its funny to make fun of other peoples beliefs.

Wasted my time watching this moron
Old 05-24-2010, 03:31 PM

Trader Rating: 151 (99%+)

Originally Posted by BigBellyCat View Post
Why doesnt he pick on Islam? There are more political minefields and the real threat of being killed if that 'funnyman' decided to talk or even jest at Islam.
But he goes after Christianity because EVERYONE mocks Christ. South Park, movies, drama, Posters, websites etc.

Christians would rather laugh along with the crowd instead of being counted amongst the ones who decide that 'enough is enough'. I do not know why there are still people who still think its funny to make fun of other peoples beliefs.

+1!!!!
Old 05-24-2010, 09:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

"Christianity because EVERYONE mocks Christ. South Park, movies, drama, Posters, websites etc."

Because Jesus is real and no body is interested in making fun of nothing!!!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service