Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > Club Forums > R/C Racers 4 Christ
Just wanted to say HI! >

Just wanted to say HI!

Just wanted to say HI!

Old 03-21-2010, 10:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)
Default Just wanted to say HI!

Im new here to RCTECH. Been in the hobby for a long time but just started reading and posting on forums. I was sent to RCtech by a guy I know through work who races and while looking for the for sale forum I found this one.
Im a Christian. Have been since age 5, but not without my exploratory periods lets say. Every time I followed my own path God would draw me back to the only place I felt at peace with my life. And that, of course, is living in his forgiveness each day.
I used to race snowmobiles professionally in Canada. My brother and I were national champions and always had large "team Jesus" logos all over our 70 foot hauler, our sleds and gear. We would have prayer meetings in our trailer on sunday mornings and were always extremely vigilant of how our behaviour reflected our beliefs.
I have no idea how God will use my interest in THIS hobby for his purposes. But im sure he will... as long as I dont take it too far down my own road so to speak.
A few weeks ago my wife and I lost our first child. At 38 weeks we went in for a check up and found the baby had no heartbeat. Only days before we had heard the heartbeat at another checkup. My wife gave birth to our baby girl that same night. She was beautiful. Her name was Violet. I dont know why im posting this story here other than I have seen how God has used it throughout our church and community in such an amazing way. My family, though not what I had hoped it would be, is SO much more now than it was before. God is good. He is the creator of life and we are his. Our loved ones are also his and as hard as it is to accept we must learn how to surrender them to Him and trust Him.
As strange as this sounds, this hobby has given me the time I needed these past few weeks to just tinker around and think. Its my quiet time. My wife doesnt really under stand what I love about it so much but she has her hobbies that I dont fully get either and thats o.k. with both of us. I have found.. again, strange, but a great sense of peace when im out driving my trucks and cars. Being outside in Gods creation, enjoying what, in the grand scheme of things, is a simple pleasure. Somehow God knew this past year, when I decided to get back into RC, that I would need this.
Thanks for reading. I do check here often but dont often contribute. I just though, the more people who identify themselves publicly as Believers and followers of Christ the better. And to know someone is to know their story. This is mine.
Pavmentsurfer
Old 03-22-2010, 08:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Wow, awesome story man. I appreciate your transparency. Sharing your story will certainly speak into someone elses story and draw them closer to God!

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your child, it sounds like you have dealt with it in the best possible way, Praise God!

I share your thoughts about RC, its my place of peace and reflection. A time to get out into nature and enjoy Gods creation. I enjoy connecting to people who aren't in my Christian inner circle.
I just got back into the sport my self after a 15 year lay off to explore motocross and roadracing. With the name pavementsurfer you probably know a thing or two about dragging a knee...

Welcome Pavementsurfer, please post more, I am always excited to hear more about someones story!

Blessings!
Old 03-22-2010, 01:28 PM

Trader Rating: 151 (99%+)

Welcome pavementsurfer!!

Welcome back to the hobby, and to the Racers 4 Christ forum too! Thanks for taking the time to join in with us here. And yes, we agree that the more we have posting here, the better!

I, too, I am soooo sorry to hear about your daughter. I have never been through anything like that, and can't imagine what that would be like. It sounds like you have turned to God with it and in turn He is helping you through it. We serve an AWESOME God, don't we? At least we know that your daughter is in Heaven with the Lord, so you'll get to see her someday! While I'm not sure how much comfort that offers you now, I pray that God will somehow use knowing that to help ease the pain of loss. I'll be praying for you and your family.

I agree with Ghost...keep coming back and sharing with us. I'd love to hear more about you and how things are going r/c wise, too. We love the Lord Jesus Christ here, and anyone that wants to come in and share that love with us in any fashion is more than welcome!!!

Keep us informed of the direction you are being led in your return to the hobby!

God Bless!
Brad
Old 03-25-2010, 09:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Thanks guys. Great to hear from others like me. People who find this hobby to be relaxing, though maybe we get looked at funny by those who dont understand.
I didnt realize how good it would feel to write that story down like that. It was great to hear encouraging words from people ive never met but with whom I am connected though faith.

Thanks again.

Pavmentsurfer
Old 03-25-2010, 04:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
Thanks guys. Great to hear from others like me. People who find this hobby to be relaxing, though maybe we get looked at funny by those who dont understand.
I didnt realize how good it would feel to write that story down like that. It was great to hear encouraging words from people ive never met but with whom I am connected though faith.

Thanks again.

Pavmentsurfer
There's something about this 'hobby/sport' that relaxes me when i finally see the culmination of all the effort in assembling and tuning the r/c kit. There a lot of things I do with my cars (as my signature says) that I will not do with my real sized cars, but this hobby makes me feel at peace.

Its a great hobby/sport to meet other racers as well both here and in other countries