Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > Club Forums > R/C Racers 4 Christ
Should I leave the RC8 and go to the MP9?? >

Should I leave the RC8 and go to the MP9??

Should I leave the RC8 and go to the MP9??

Old 03-12-2010, 12:39 PM

Trader Rating: 151 (99%+)
Default Should I leave the RC8 and go to the MP9??

Well....I have been trying to decide what direction to go with the buggy this year. I have been racing the RC8 for a couple of years now, but I am considering the move to the Kyosho MP9 buggy.

I am fortunate enough to get to race with Jared Tebo on a regular basis at Pleasant hill in KC. And I use the term "race with" lightly!!...lol. And I really like the look of the MP9 he drives.

Anyone have any input about the buggy? Good, bad, indifferent? Give me some insight if you have it.

Thanks, Brad
Old 03-12-2010, 04:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hmmmm...

I love my STR, I would say MP9 but that is coming from a Kyosho Guy

If you need your MP9 body looking dialed with the Lord hanging on for the wild ride.. I can hook you up
Old 03-12-2010, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Firestormkk View Post
hmmmm...

I love my STR, I would say MP9 but that is coming from a Kyosho Guy

If you need your MP9 body looking dialed with the Lord hanging on for the wild ride.. I can hook you up
KALEB!!! Welcome my friend!!!

Hmmm...imagine that, a Kyosho guy recommending an MP9!!!

You wanna sponsor me this year?
Old 03-14-2010, 12:42 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by WYLDTHING View Post
KALEB!!! Welcome my friend!!!

Hmmm...imagine that, a Kyosho guy recommending an MP9!!!

You wanna sponsor me this year?
Hey Buddy

Yeah, I am a Kyosho guy...sooo?? haha

Well Not Me Personally

You going to run only buggy this year for the Pro Series or what are you thinking about running?

Thanks,
Kaleb
Old 03-15-2010, 08:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Well....I have been trying to decide what direction to go with the buggy this year. I have been racing the RC8 for a couple of years now, but I am considering the move to the Kyosho MP9 buggy.

I am fortunate enough to get to race with Jared Tebo on a regular basis at Pleasant hill in KC. And I use the term "race with" lightly!!...lol. And I really like the look of the MP9 he drives.

Anyone have any input about the buggy? Good, bad, indifferent? Give me some insight if you have it.

Thanks, Brad
Dude thats awesome you get to run with Tebo. I already know what kind of driver he is, but What kind of character does he have?
Is he a nice guy?

This past week at the Psycho nitro blast i got to speak with Ryan Lutz a bit. Super nice guy, seems like a man of good character. He just got married last thanksgiving and is working hard to balance racing with Married life. super laid back kind of guy. HE even congratulated me on my win in SCT.....

Mike Truhe and Adam Drake were there also, i didn't get to speak with them much, but after i heard Truhe spout off with a couple of explicitives,(SP) i really didn't want too.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Ghostrider86 View Post
Dude thats awesome you get to run with Tebo. I already know what kind of driver he is, but What kind of character does he have?
Is he a nice guy?

This past week at the Psycho nitro blast i got to speak with Ryan Lutz a bit. Super nice guy, seems like a man of good character. He just got married last thanksgiving and is working hard to balance racing with Married life. super laid back kind of guy. HE even congratulated me on my win in SCT.....

Mike Truhe and Adam Drake were there also, i didn't get to speak with them much, but after i heard Truhe spout off with a couple of explicitives,(SP) i really didn't want too.
Oh man, he is a great guy!!! He isn't shy about his faith at all, and that's my favorite part!!! He runs the Christian fish on his cars, as well. He isn't perfect though, and would be the first to tell ya that! He said that he used to have a temper problem, but I have never seen any evidence of that.

At the tracks in KC on club race day, he is just one of the guys now, albeit the fastest guy!...lol. I enjoy it when I get to talk with him about whatever. I haven't met all the pro's by any means, but he is by far the nicest one I have ever met. Don't get me wrong though, I'm not his best friend or anything like that, but I would consider him a friend now, not just another racer or acquaintence.

When I was watching the race at the nitro pit on live rc a few weeks ago, I seen one of the guys (I won't mention his name) post in the chat room thingy they have going when Jared broke. This guys says..."I guess Jesus didn't want Jared to win today". It made me furious at first! But then in some ways it made me feel better, because I know that Jared obviously takes God with him to the big races, and THEY know where he stands too.

As great of a wheelman as he is, I think he is an even better person.

Just my two-cents though...

Brad
Old 03-15-2010, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Firestormkk View Post
Hey Buddy

Yeah, I am a Kyosho guy...sooo?? haha

Well Not Me Personally

You going to run only buggy this year for the Pro Series or what are you thinking about running?

Thanks,
Kaleb
I think if I had the money to make the switch, I prolly would! We'll see what happens though...

Right now, Kaleb, I'll just be running the one class...buggy. If things get ironed out financially, I'd love to get a truggy too, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

How about you? Truggy and--?? Or just truggy??
Old 03-15-2010, 12:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thats very cool Brad! Glad to know that! I had no idea Jared Tebo was a man of faith!

I edited my post saying you should get the MP9 (for some reason it doesn't show)

Not only will you be getting a killer buggy, you got some serious track side support!
Old 03-15-2010, 10:01 PM
Tech Adept

Well for the RC Pro Series I will be rockin and rollin with my Truggy and My Slash in the 2wd Short Course Class. But for club races I will keep it my truggy then big races Im going to run my Kyosho and T4.

As for Tebo, I have actually had the privelage to talk with him and PIT by him at the 2009 Jammin Nitro Challenge. I felt like a stalker because I watched his EVERY move. I am trying to follow him as he is a BIG idol of mine.He is a awesome guy, nice guy, funny guy. I have yet to meet other pro's so I hope to find more like Tebo

Well I hope you can get a truggy it is a fun class, and from what I heard, a tad cheaper??

Thanks,
Kaleb
Old 03-16-2010, 04:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Brad, sorry to thread jack you,

Do you know if Jared is still selling his JTP shirts? I would like to get a couple but can't find where to buy them?
Old 03-16-2010, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Ghostrider86 View Post
Hey Brad, sorry to thread jack you,

Do you know if Jared is still selling his JTP shirts? I would like to get a couple but can't find where to buy them?
Nah...no worries about the thread!!!...lol.

I don't know if he still does or not, to be honest. Kaleb (Firestormkk) talks to him through email a fair amount, so maybe when he sees this he can talk to Jared and get the details on it for you........Kaleb...???

It should be a fun year, Kaleb. Now if the weatehr would just shape up so we could get started!...lol.

I can't imagine truggy being cheaper, with them burning slightly more fuel, and tires being about a 1/3 again more expensive, but, I have never raced it, soooo.....

I'd sure like to find out!!!
Old 03-16-2010, 05:25 PM

Oh, and yes, it's pretty awesome to have him be a part of the local track scene!!!

A few weeks ago we had practice, and on the stand, I literally have Jared one side of me, and Taylor James on the other! Talk about being out-classed in the wheelman department!!!...lol.

Just hold your line son, just hold your line. They'll go around you shortly...lol.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:32 PM
Tech Adept

Nah...no worries about the thread!!!...lol.

I don't know if he still does or not, to be honest. Kaleb (Firestormkk) talks to him through email a fair amount, so maybe when he sees this he can talk to Jared and get the details on it for you........Kaleb...???

It should be a fun year, Kaleb. Now if the weatehr would just shape up so we could get started!...lol.

I can't imagine truggy being cheaper, with them burning slightly more fuel, and tires being about a 1/3 again more expensive, but, I have never raced it, soooo.....

I'd sure like to find out!!!
Well I do believe he is still selling. He is coming out with some neat looking stuff, I told him I plan to buy my fair share JTP.

Yes, the rumor is we are suppose to get some more snow this weekend? I hope not, if we dont me and matt plan to make some practice days before the pro series.

As for being cheaper, I really dont know because I havent tried my luck in Buggy. I hope to one day... maybe

And as for being nervous standing by Tebo. My first night out EVER to Real RC with my E-Firestorm. I was no good, well...I was like every begginner if I wasnt attached to the pipe I was hitting the wall. HAHA.. But I didnt know who Tebo was and I was in his spot on the driver stand. So of course I let him through and we were practicing and what not, and we actually got tangled up before a jump and he didnt say a word he was just smiling and he ask me if that was me and I said Yes, And he said Sorry for running into you,(while he was driving.) When it was COMPLETELY my fault. Then later that nght Matt introduced me to Jared Tebo. I have been a big fan ever since.

Thanks,
Kaleb
Old 03-16-2010, 09:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 369 (100%+)

Thanks, Brad
close your eyes and ask: what would jesus do? I think if jesus was here he'd be racing a kyosho.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by peter george View Post
close your eyes and ask: what would jesus do? I think if jesus was here he'd be racing a kyosho.

Listen to Peter, he was Jesus closest apostle!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service