R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   R/C Racers 4 Christ (https://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-racers-4-christ-26/)
-   -   new person! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-racers-4-christ/376984-new-person.html)

malkinfleury 03-05-2010 02:20 PM

new person!

hey guys! i'm new to these forums...i might start coming on here often...and maybe not...who knows. my brother has a mini lst that i might buy and fix if i can find the problem...

but anywya, i'll introduce myself now.

i'm matt and i'm 15...i've been a christian my whole life, but this past year is when i really started following God and getting involved at church. I love volunteering with tech there...and i work doing maintenance there. uhhhhh christian music is my life. of the 900 something songs on itunes, only 20 or so are of non-christian bands...so if you ever want some christian music to listen to, let me know what you like and i'm sure i'll know some bands you'd like but have never heard of haha...umm, anyway...that's about it.

oh and, i'm in the Technology Student Association at my school, basically it's anything that has to do with CAD programs, designing stuff, architecture...all that fun stuff. So i'm doing a RC competition where i have to design a chassis for a car and buy all the separate parts and build an rc car. So i'm sure i'l'l be on here asking for advice about that...cuz i don't really know much about rc cars yet...sooo yeahhh!

see ya

WYLDTHING 03-05-2010 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by malkinfleury (Post 7096025)
hey guys! i'm new to these forums...i might start coming on here often...and maybe not...who knows. my brother has a mini lst that i might buy and fix if i can find the problem...

but anywya, i'll introduce myself now.

i'm matt and i'm 15...i've been a christian my whole life, but this past year is when i really started following God and getting involved at church. I love volunteering with tech there...and i work doing maintenance there. uhhhhh christian music is my life. of the 900 something songs on itunes, only 20 or so are of non-christian bands...so if you ever want some christian music to listen to, let me know what you like and i'm sure i'll know some bands you'd like but have never heard of haha...umm, anyway...that's about it.

oh and, i'm in the Technology Student Association at my school, basically it's anything that has to do with CAD programs, designing stuff, architecture...all that fun stuff. So i'm doing a RC competition where i have to design a chassis for a car and buy all the separate parts and build an rc car. So i'm sure i'l'l be on here asking for advice about that...cuz i don't really know much about rc cars yet...sooo yeahhh!

see ya

Hey Matt...WELCOME! I hope you come in and see us in here often!

It sounds like you have a lot of good things going for you. I am especially impressed with your heart for service at your church! That's awesome!!! I wish more teenagers would give that a try so they could see how rewarding it can be.

While I don't know that any of us in here are engineers, feel free to ask any questions you want when you start building your car. With our combined years of experience, I'm sure we could at least offer some insight on design implementations. R/c cars are a great hobby to have fun with.

I'm a Christian music nut myself!! Good stuff!! But let me put a plug in for the Bible, too. Christian music is awesome, but it's no replacement for time spent in God's word. Maybe you are already spending that time with Him, but if not, I would encourage you to start...it'll really change your life.

Keep us informed of what's going on with you....ttyl..

God Bless!
Brad

malkinfleury 03-06-2010 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by WYLDTHING (Post 7096650)
Hey Matt...WELCOME! I hope you come in and see us in here often!

It sounds like you have a lot of good things going for you. I am especially impressed with your heart for service at your church! That's awesome!!! I wish more teenagers would give that a try so they could see how rewarding it can be.

While I don't know that any of us in here are engineers, feel free to ask any questions you want when you start building your car. With our combined years of experience, I'm sure we could at least offer some insight on design implementations. R/c cars are a great hobby to have fun with.

I'm a Christian music nut myself!! Good stuff!! But let me put a plug in for the Bible, too. Christian music is awesome, but it's no replacement for time spent in God's word. Maybe you are already spending that time with Him, but if not, I would encourage you to start...it'll really change your life.

Keep us informed of what's going on with you....ttyl..

God Bless!
Brad

Hey Brad it's nice to meet you! Reading is one of the things I struggle with...it seems like I make excuses to not read a lot if thetime but I'm getting better at it. I found a great time to read is on the bus to school...it's 30-45 minutes long and normally I spend the whole time readig...and Im really starting to enjoy it! I have an iPod touch so it's great for on the bus and in the car cuz there's a bible app on it.

As far as the car thing goes, the only thing ihavd to design myself is the chassis. My school is overly rich and has a 3d printer that I'm using to print it out...cuz you know...3d printers are necessary haha. As for the rest of the car I just get a kit and put it all togther on my own.

Once again it's nice talking to you...and I think I just might continue coming on these forums...even if I don't do rc stuff it's cool to get with Christians and just talk.

See ya

WYLDTHING 03-08-2010 07:36 AM

Hey again, Matt;

I understand on the reading thing. My wife and I both used to have the same 'problem' you are facing. But if you can push through it and make it a daily 'habit', it will truly change your life. You get to where if you miss a day, you feel incomplete. Like you haven't eaten all day!!...lol. And basically, that's true when we don't read...we don't get fed any of God's word. That's SO awesome you have been reading on the bus!! Not only will God fill your heart with Him for the day, you may also be having an impact on someone else that you may not even know about!!....too cool!
Keep it up my friend, I'm IMPRESSED! :nod:

The project at school sounds like a blast; those machines are awesome to use!! As you know, you are very blessed to have them at your disposal. Have fun with it!!

Nice talking with you, too! Keep us informed...

Brad