Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > Club Forums > R/C Racers 4 Christ
If you ran your own r/c track.... >

If you ran your own r/c track....

If you ran your own r/c track....

Old 03-02-2010, 11:07 AM

Trader Rating: 151 (99%+)
Default If you ran your own r/c track....

I was thinking...what would you do to uplift Christ even more if you owned and operated your own track??

I have wanted to do have and run my own r/c track for years, but it just hasn't worked out to happen yet, so apparently it hasn't been God's will for me. But over the years, I have thought about the things I would like to do if I were ever blessed to have my own track to run.

It always bothers me when I go to different tracks to race and I hear some of the conversations going on with all the profanity, nasty, sex-laden stories, etc....you know what I mean!...lol. It left me thinking--I don't know that I could have a track, especially an indoor track, and be able to stomach that kind of activity in the building God had given me. Some of the track owners are SO blessed to have the nice, big buildings that they do, all the equipment, and then to allow the things that they do in those buildings just makes me sick to my stomach.

I don't know that I could have a facility like that and be able to get past all that without feeling like I was letting God down with the blessing that He had given me. How do you get past that?

Here's some of the things I would like to do if I had my own track;

1) I would offer a discount (maybe even free) on entry fees if the person entering could quote one of three Bible verses that I had posted beforehand. They wouldn't know which verse I would ask for until they went to enter, and I would change the verses every 2 months or so. Not sure that would be enough incentive for most to study the verses, but it would be worth a try. And, it would be a good way to get scripture seeds into peoples hearts.

2)Obviously, have Christian music playing over the PA system, instead of the 'stuff' that is usually played.

3)I would hand out good-sportsman awards to unsuspecting racers every now and then, and include some sort of giveaway with that award.

4)I would offer another discount on entry fees or even purchases (sound like Flo with Progressive, huh!?) for anyone wearing a true Christian t-shirt to the races, and trying to live their shirt.

5)I would love to use the building/grounds for other outreaches, too. Like Bible studies, Christian concerts, etc... Have like a Tuesday night Bible study/free practice thing???

6)Disounts on paint if someone does a Jesus-themed body.

Anyone else have any other ideas?

And what about having two-day races where you race on Sundays. I rarely miss Church for racing, and just don't think I could ever feel right about being a part of the lure to keep people from going to Church. Not sure God would bless that.

Two of the tracks that I frequent are Christian owned and operated, and they do a good job. I would just like to be able to take it to another level, I guess. With the current group of racers in this area, I'm not sure that enough racers would even come on a regular basis if they had to deal with pit-language rules, and a Christ centered environment. Might be too much to hope for in this age.

Share some thoughts with me on this. I doubt I will ever be able to open my own facility, but I want to be prepared if God ever gives me the opportunity.

Brad
Old 03-03-2010, 09:50 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Before every Sunday race day I would offer a Service and then race.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You could have a priest there that would chase around all the little boys......that would be kinda like church
Old 04-22-2010, 05:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Of the eight tracks that I have raced at only three had a "No Profanity" rule.

Two were ran by a THR member before they became a THR members. The other track, I race there every Fri, expects the non-profanity speaking racers to assist in enforcing this. A simple "Watch your mouth" works.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Brad I love your passion. What ever your conviction, be sure it is scripturally based. Why couldn't a race event be a "church" service. Last time I checked Rm 14 said any man cold celebrate any day, as long as they do not judge one another. i think a Sunday event with a word from the WORD is a great idea. Also Mark 1 and 2 talks of how Jesus ate with the sinners. He related with them, talked with them where they were, not where he wanted them to be. The woman at the well in john 4 was a huge "sinner". She made profanity look like sponge bob She was the reason that the rest of the Samaritans came to believe upon Christ. i guess all I am encouraging is this, change the spiritual element of the group you are trying to reach not the physical. I agree profanity is gross, but they are lost. if they do not know Christ, they are supposed to act that way. Putting "christian" standards on them does not make them Christian. put Christ on them and let him make the change.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Wyldthing, I switched churches over the past year and it is great! My pastor is truly inspirational. Maybe you should listen to last weeks sermon to get an idea. This is not your exact topic, but it will hopefully give you a good perspective.

Ultimately, we all sin all the time and apparently it does not matter to a lot of religions such as being Luthern like myself. However, I have looked at many religions for further understanding. I do have a ton of respect for Glenn Beck because he is a mormon and they believe that thoughts, words, and deeds done here also have an effect on your ultimate outcome. I feel you are sort of leaning this way and that is great. God wants us to do the right thing, etc... but ultimately we come up short no matter what.

I think you can try to limit what happens at a track such as how we have at Caster Racing USA forums by creating an attitude and create ethics and honor by example, but ultimately we all are sinners and at the end of the day, it doesn't matter that people are saying bad things at a rc track. But like I said, you have to try to control it, just for the right reasons.

This sermon is about science vs religion. Listen to the whole thing for about 45 minutes when you have time. I love how he feels about religion and how sometimes it becomes sort of a club that people who are not "religious" cannot join and get talked down to. Ultimately, this is the last thing we as christians want to do...

He also talks about what is in the bible and what is not. There is nothing in the bible that states what music is acceptable, what language is acceptable, etc....

http://sermons.hopewdm.org/sermons/1...ience-Mike.mp3
Old 04-23-2010, 12:40 PM

Thanks everyone for your thoughts, ideas, and well-wishes!!!

Murderedout--While I don't condone or appreciate the disgusting behavior of the priests that have been involved with the molestation of the kids, I don't think that was the kind of 'input' I was hoping for. One of the other sad things about this topic to me is....that the 'world' associates Catholicism with Christianity in general, and they are not the same religion or beliefs. Catholics worship the mother Mary, and don't use the Holy Bible as the foundation for their beliefs, choosing instead to use their own book of catholicism as their foundation. Among other different beliefs.... Not good....

tmail55--One of the tracks I race at has he same rule, but enforcing it is nearly impossible without sending over half of them home. I guess if we are going to 'play' with the world, we have to learn how to deal with what they do and say? That's getting harder for me for some reason...

Victory Side--Thanks for the kind words!! I understand what you are saying, and I agree it's a great idea. When I go to a race and I know it will be on a Sunday too, I always take my Bible with me to read. But I have to admit that in the heat of things on Sunday morning, I don't always take the time to read it like I should. Most of the time I do, but not always. I have talked to the track owner at one of the tracks I race at about having a Bible study and prayer time, and he thought it was a great idea, it just never came to fruition. I guess, myself, I just struggle with the whole idea of racing on Sundays now, at all. Praying about that.....
I know Jesus spent most of His time with the 'sinners', but would He of missed a worship service to go and recreate with them??? Struggling with that....

*edited for now*

I'll watch the video this evening if it works out. Will have to try and squeeze it in between my evening routine of Dr Stanley on bottradionetwork.com, and Adrian Rogers on AFR!!! Good stuff!!

Please keep the ideas coming everyone, I appreciate it all!!

To be honest, as I have said in another thread here, I am now struggling with all the money I spend to race. I just don't know that Jesus would have ever spent any of His money to recreate. I think he would've spent all He had to further His church or ministry, not having fun. What do you all think about that???

Thanks to everyone, and God Bless!
Brad

Last edited by WYLDTHING; 05-02-2010 at 09:51 PM.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:05 PM
Tech Elite

Nothing can offend me.

I wasn't talking totally about the mormon faith, just the fact of the doing works also being important....was the point as that would make the world a better place. But yes, the concept of Jesus being just a prophet as also the muslim religion believes, completely changes the concept of Christianity in a bad way.

I am Luthern, so I believe what I believe. But like I said, I am not opposed to the concept of the other religions practices if they promote peace or something.

My father's side was Italian Catholic.....lol.

I do want to mention that with my new church, they believe it is ok to even question things and they truly believe that when we do research, we discover what God did and possibly why.

If anything, science proves God because we learn and discover things. Such as gravity. We didn't invent it, we only discovered it.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

WYLDTHANG

Hello My Brother in Christ,

I have read some of the posts that you have recently written and if you would allow me to please share some thoughts.

First so you understand Jesus is Lord of my life also so I speak in Love.

As to your obvious Love for Jesus & hating sin as you describe so passionately in your posts this lines up with you being “born again” so continue with this zeal it will refresh you daily.

One thing that I have learned is that when you see sin or are around it for whatever reason you must be able & also be prepared to honestly say these 2 words, I UNDERSTAND this is not bending and saying I agree.

If someone says something to an extreme like I would like to kill someone or has killed someone you don’t condone it but you can always say I UNDERSTAND.

You do not have to have committed the sin to understand it but we all who Love God know that we hate the sin not the person so seeing sin and dealing with the sin are 2 different things. (Often easier said than done I admit) Remember you cannot hate sin more than God nor can you have more compassion for the sinner than God so finding balance will be a great advantage for your daily walk. Love is the Key.

1 Corinthians 13:13 Amplified Bible

And so faith, hope, love abide [faith--conviction and belief respecting man's relation to God and divine things; hope--joyful and confident expectation of eternal salvation; love--true affection for God and man, growing out of God's love for and in us], these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Jesus came for the sinner so avoiding the sinner will not work, but the hate for sin is good but to be his Disciple you will have to be prepared.

Being prayed up, Fasting and knowing Gods word is the ONLY way to deal with the world and to have success.

Mark 9:29

And he said unto them, This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting

2 Timothy 2:15

Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

You being Christ’s representative MUST be the one who affects the sinner not the sinner effecting you, so thick skin or spiritual ear plugs may be necessary. But more time with Jesus than the world will win every time.

Look at this scripture than look at the world

Romans 3

10. As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

11. There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

12. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

13. Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:

14. Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:

15. Their feet are swift to shed blood:

16. Destruction and misery are in their ways:

17. And the way of peace have they not known:

18. There is no fear of God before their eyes.

I am sure you are familiar with all the scripture I am mentioning, I am sharing some thoughts so please forgive me if it sounds like I am pointing any fingers. I will gladly point the finger at my own faults because I have more than a few.

We all came from sin!!!

When we are involved in this hobby that we both obviously enjoy greatly the only thing that we can do is be an example for Christ no more no less and when we fall we get back up.

Romans 8:28

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

PSALM 20

7. Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.

8. They are brought down and fallen: but we are risen, and stand upright.

9. Save, LORD: let the king hear us when we call.

As to desiring an R/C track to dedicate to Jesus, this is a good thing. Please understand that the tare grow with the wheat so you will always find undesirables and sin but always realize that if you are truly having a facility to lift up Christ then the sinner showing up can be just lost sheep looking for a Sheppard.

Also if you are doing something for Christ and you don’t see the devil something is wrong!

God may have that calling on your life but patience, humility, & the death of pride will be a big advantage for winning souls for Jesus, and at the same time granting the desire of your heart to win souls and race your R/C too.

I am not implying you are prideful or lack patience just sharing.

Just to point out an Apostle is sent, Prophet points, Evangelist draws, Pastors preach, Teachers teach. God may be pointing something out to you to be recognized.

James 3:13

Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.

Remember Scripture says ALL of Heaven rejoices when a sinner comes back or is saved!!!

This is from a recent post of yours

“To be honest, as I have said in another thread here, I am now struggling with all the money I spend to race. I just don't know that Jesus would have ever spent any of His money to recreate. I think he would've spent all He had to further His church or ministry, not having fun. What do you all think about that???”

Faith comes by hearing Faith also leaves without hearing so I would suggest you listen to that still small voice and be obedient. I too struggle with Money and Time spent racing but seeing people that have the same passion for Christ and also R/C assures me Christ is needed in the R/C world because it is no different than the rest of the world.

Jesus left the 99 for 1

Great to see people sharing Christ on RCtech

Revelation 12:11

And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

JESUS IS LORD

Last edited by *1speedy; 04-24-2010 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 04-24-2010, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

There are days that I read the many RC forums, like many of you, and wonder IF I should post some bit of Christian based perception of a topic.

*1speedy Thanks for a clear look at Christian life in the world.

I maybe in the world, BUT I am to be a light to show the world around me Jesus. IF I don't go into the darkness how will those there see the Jesus.

WYLDTHING Revalation Raceway in CA has a good rep for their stand for Jesus contact them for how they manage this at http://www.revrace.com/

John the baptist said he was one calling in the wilderness. The times I called out "Watch your mouth" I've heard "Sorry" and parents say "Thank You". Why, the parents, did not say something about the "words" I don't know, what I do know is I'm called to be a light and my mouth works for Jesus.

I did own a track but it wasn't open to the public, because of insurance reasons.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MURDEREDOUT View Post
You could have a priest there that would chase around all the little boys......that would be kinda like church
Quick, very quick! Although its a touchy subject and really a sad one, you def have a knack for quick humor!

Originally Posted by Victory Side View Post
Brad I love your passion. What ever your conviction, be sure it is scripturally based. Why couldn't a race event be a "church" service. Last time I checked Rm 14 said any man cold celebrate any day, as long as they do not judge one another. i think a Sunday event with a word from the WORD is a great idea. Also Mark 1 and 2 talks of how Jesus ate with the sinners. He related with them, talked with them where they were, not where he wanted them to be. The woman at the well in john 4 was a huge "sinner". She made profanity look like sponge bob She was the reason that the rest of the Samaritans came to believe upon Christ. i guess all I am encouraging is this, change the spiritual element of the group you are trying to reach not the physical. I agree profanity is gross, but they are lost. if they do not know Christ, they are supposed to act that way. Putting "christian" standards on them does not make them Christian. put Christ on them and let him make the change.
Love it Victory Side! Good stuff man! I was also thinking of when the Pharisees accused Jesus of sinning on the Sabbath because he and his men were picking grain to eat.
Mark 2:23-28
23One Sabbath Jesus was going through the grainfields, and as his disciples walked along, they began to pick some heads of grain. 24The Pharisees said to him, "Look, why are they doing what is unlawful on the Sabbath?"

25He answered, "Have you never read what David did when he and his companions were hungry and in need? 26In the days of Abiathar the high priest, he entered the house of God and ate the consecrated bread, which is lawful only for priests to eat. And he also gave some to his companions."

27Then he said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. 28So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath."

Originally Posted by WYLDTHING View Post
To be honest, as I have said in another thread here, I am now struggling with all the money I spend to race. I just don't know that Jesus would have ever spent any of His money to recreate. I think he would've spent all He had to further His church or ministry, not having fun. What do you all think about that???

Thanks to everyone, and God Bless!
Brad
Brad, I totally appreciate your openness and transparency. This is said with Love from another brother in Christ. I have seen you mention this a couple of times, if you feel that tug on your heart God is speaking to you brother. Maybe there is another area he wants you to focus on for now?? Listen to him.

As far as what kinds of things that should or shouldn't be done at RC tracks.

Its difficult to know the truth, and then tolerate the sin, right? Its especially hard when we have dealt with our own sin. Think about an area in your life where you have dealt with your sin, you pick one. drinking, swearing, porn. Then think about how intolerant you and I are towards that sin now that you have been released from it. For me, it makes me cringe when i hear someone say the F*** word. Or when i see someone so drunk they can't stand, i just wanna turn my head and say "fool".

Now on the contrast, think about something you struggle with currently, then think about how much more you understand it when you meet someone struggling with the same issue....I am 5 days from being married after 5 years of purity, Its difficult to stay pure! When a brother comes to me and says he is struggling to staying pure with his girlfriend I completely understand! That's where i am too!

I believe this is a matter of us trying to become the judge. As Christ followers and the ones being forgiven we don't have the right to Judge. WE ARE THE SINNERS, WE ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE DONE WRONG. As Christ Followers, we should take MORE RESPONSIBILITY for the wrong than anyone else! But that's where it should stop. With us. We are only responsible for OUR wrong, not someone else.

When we begin to impose "Christian" (don't like the connotation this word brings) beliefs on others against their will, it will often be rejected.
I like the idea of no cussing, everyone but the offender will agree that its not a good idea, especially around kids.
But for us to impose "Christian Beliefs" on groups of people will only drive them in the other direction and confirm what they suspected, "All Christians are Judgmental hypocrites."

We should do like Jesus and be finding ways to penetrate THEIR society rather than make them earn their way into ours. A great example of this is Erwin Mcmanus. Ten years ago Erwin began working his way into TED a Technology Entertainment and Design organization who are on the forefront of changing the world. This is not an organization who is open for enrollment, but rather a place where you have to be invited to be a part of the group! The types of people who become a part of this organization tend not to believe their is a God, but rather there is a science and reason for everything. Here is an excerpt from their mission statement "We believe passionately in the power of ideas to change attitudes, lives and ultimately, the world."

Now as you can imagine its quite strategic for Erwin to be a part of this organization. Not only are they some of the most creative people of the world, but they have much influence. It took him 10 years to get into this group and become a trusted member, now he has influence in a group that has much influence on the Secular world. Here is a short list of people who have spoke a TED conferences.

Those who have given TED talks include Bill Clinton, Al Gore, Gordon Brown, Richard Dawkins, Bill Gates, the founders of Google, the evangelist Billy Graham and various Nobel Prize winners.

I am not sure if i lost you guys here, i lost my train of thought there for a minute. All that was to say, lets find ways of Gathering people towards us, rather than make them meet our rules to play the game.

Blessings brothers, I am encouraged by all of the great discussion around this topic and welcome the guys that are new to posting here!
Old 04-26-2010, 02:02 PM

Thanks SO much for all the responses!!!! I am REALLY enjoying reading and soaking them in!

I'm gonna kinda touch on some more of my thoughts here in no specific order....

Hakmazter;
I am so glad I didn't offend you. The thoughts I had shared with you had been heavy on my heart, and I was pleased when you posted and said you weren't offended. I was concerned that you would take what I said as a personal attack against you, and that wasn't the case. I don't know that I can say that nothing offends me though....lol. Maybe I'm too sensitive, or just not thick-skinned enough. But again, thank you for understanding that it wasn't a personal attack against you!!!

I also wanted to apologize for getting off-topic a little bit. Sometimes some things come up and I can't stop myself from speaking out against something I feel so strongly about. I ask you all for forgiveness for being so outspoken sometimes when it wasn't necessarily the topic at hand.

Okay, so back to the topic at hand.....

I think most of what I am dealing with are just my own inner struggles. I don't know that if I ever ran my own track that I would feel right about trying to enforce the 'rules' that had been laid out by trying to alienate anyone, or make them not feel welcome (most of the time). That said, I think respect should work both ways. I respect the people that would come there and race, by not trying to push God down their throats with a mandatory Bible study or prayer before each race (for example), and in return, would ask for their respect regarding my beliefs, and helping the 'track' try and follow those. I don't know that it would be unfair, or even unbiblical, to ask people to try and follow certain rules while they raced there, even if some of them were based on moral issues.

If I had to explain 'track rules', I might say something like this...

I know not all of you believe the way I do in regards to God and moral issues, and that's OK, we sill appeciate you coming and racing with us. However, I would ask that since you are here, and I believe this track and everything that I have is a gift from God, that you would try and respect my wishes while you are here. And then list some of the rules/wishes that I would like to see adhered to.

To me, there would be some things that just wouldn't be tolerated no matter what, like drinking alcohol of any kind on the premises. But then some of the the other things (like swearing) I would just ask for cooperation on. To a certain extent, I think people appreciate knowing where they stand ahead of time, and I think that even though they may not necessarily agree sometimes, they respect someone that is willing to stand up for what the believe in.
I'm struggling with the thought of 'anything goes', just as long as we are bring people in to race and try and be a witness to. And I don't know that I feel like having some rules would be me trying to judge anyone. I can't see where the anything goes would be wise. Everything we do in life has rules and guidelines that have to be followed in some shape or form, and I don't know that a track should have to be different just because you want to reach people for Christ with it. Jesus didn't waste His time with people that were blatantly against His teaching. He often rebuked them and then moved on to people that were interested in hearing what He had to say. So if there were people coming to the track to race that had proved they had no intentions of trying to be a part of the family of racers there, and also had no intentions of at leat trying to adhere to the wishes of the track owner, I would probably feel comfortable asking them not to come back, until they were ready. Would that be too harsh? And if so, why? Do we allow constant disruption for many others just to keep a few coming, and not appear judgmental?

The only analogy I could come up with to compare how I feel about this is....

We have our church buildings that God has given us or allowed us to have. While the church is not the building itself, it is something that is used to help with ministry, and is considered sacred in some ways. For me, allowing certain things to take place at a track that I knew God had given me to enjoy, and to use to try and reach people for Him, would leave me feeling like I had defiled and not appreciated something that the Lord had been so gracious to allow me to have. Kinda like....if a church decided to have a secular, acid rock concert there. To me, it just wouldn't be right to have that kind of thing going on in a building that the Lord had given us to be used to bring Him glory. But maybe it would be different because of the r/c being designed more for outreach through recreation, than for ministry...???

I read one of Erwin's books about 5 years ago...very good. My brother calls him a word-meister...lol. And I agree that him being able to 'infiltrate' that group is huge!!! But with him just doing it through his job makes me wonder if it is different since I am spending money for recreation, and hoping to be an influence, while he is making money with his career and being an influence just through supporting himself. That brings me back to...am I spending my money wisely with r/c, even though I try have a 'ministry' through it? A vicious circle for me right now...

Again, maybe I am waaay off base here! And again, these are just my own inner struggles. I imagine all of this is a moot point in my life anyway. I don't see me ever owning a track (unless God has some plans for me that I don't see coming). So it's all just wishful thinking about things I would love to see someone do, since I can't. And maybe there are some that already are!!! If so, I pray that God blesses them and their track/ministry greatly!!

Like I have said...the two tracks that I race at the most both have Christians that own/run them, and I am SO grateful for that!!! So all of this is just me wondering about where the line is with God, track rules, and r/c tracks. And how our fun hobby could be used to further His kindom even more through track ownership. And now, where is the line for recreational spending in hopes of ministry opportunities.

Maybe this all boils down to a direction that God is pulling me, possibly away from r/c all together. And really, if that's the case, I'm okay with that. Couldn't of said that a few years ago (or even a few months ago maybe...lol), but now, I'll give it all up if that's what He wants. I know that I can't go on living my life with the discomfort that I have in my heart right now, so something needs to change somewhere, apparently, and it's probably me again!! I'm just not sure if it's related to r/c racig yet, either.

I know I am ALL over the place with this post, so please forgive me!!! Just sharing my thoughts and heart, so please keep the thoughts and wisdom coming!!
I have believed for years that God is getting me ready for something, I just don't know what it is yet....

tmail--I'll be checking out Revelation Raceway. I've heard of them (like everyone else) but don't know much about them yet. Thanks for the link!

God Bless you all for sharing here, please keep it coming, it's awesome!!!

Brad
Old 04-26-2010, 10:41 PM
Tech Elite

MOST business establishments do not allow alcoholic beverages on premises. That would have to create a huge liability issue. Personally I have never seen alcohol at a track, but I could be naive also.

I suppose if you look at it like a nascar event or concert, then alcohol could be expected, but if you can pull off family fun atmosphere, then everyone would just assume it to be inappropriate.

Hope you get the opportunity to build a track someday. I would love to.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hakmazter View Post
MOST business establishments do not allow alcoholic beverages on premises. That would have to create a huge liability issue. Personally I have never seen alcohol at a track, but I could be naive also.

I suppose if you look at it like a nascar event or concert, then alcohol could be expected, but if you can pull off family fun atmosphere, then everyone would just assume it to be inappropriate.

Hope you get the opportunity to build a track someday. I would love to.
Really? Well its not all in the open, but really, you never seen beer at a RC track....? WOW
Old 04-28-2010, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

alcoholic beverages

I had not seen them until I race the first time at a NON-county/city park track. The county and city parks with RC tracks don't allow alcoholic beverages and they enforce this at the tracks I have raced at.

The hobby shop owned tracks that I have raced at don't allow them BUT they are in the pits.

They may have been at the county/city tracks, perhaps they cleaned up after themselves (not throwing their bottles/cans on the ground) better than they have/do at the hobby shop tracks I've raced at.

===

I also haven't seen the drugs, BUT have smelled the pot in the air!!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service