R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   R/C Racers 4 Christ (https://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-racers-4-christ-26/)
-   -   ??s for those with RC ministries (https://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-racers-4-christ/368629-s-those-rc-ministries.html)

brianw 02-07-2010 08:00 PM

??s for those with RC ministries

I just recently got back into RC after a 15 year absence. After reading some of the posts in this forum I'd like to know what you did to get your RC ministries started.

I was talking to one of our pastors tonight and mentioned to him what I had read here about RC ministries and he said there have been multiple times where he comes to the church and will find people running RCs on the church lot.

At this point, I'm thinking I may just start out by doing the same thing. Maybe someone else will show up and get a conversation started...there are no hobby shops local to me and the closest track is 1.5-2 hours away.

Maybe I could just set up an event at the church...advertise through facebook and word of mouth...see who shows?

Do you do indoor or outdoor...or both?

Can indoor tracks be set up on tile floors? Our church has a gym with tile floors that could be utilized as a RC track.

I'd really like to hear your input and how you got started. Thanks!

brianw 02-10-2010 08:32 AM

No one has a successful RC ministry?

bowl806 02-10-2010 04:31 PM

ya know Brian, all I can suggest is lots of prayer and talk with your youth pastor about scheduling some kind of event;maybe use it for an evangelism or youth outreach tool. Just don't sit on a pew and wait upon the Lord to move. Remember what the Word says, "do all that you know to do then stand back and watch the glory of the Lord move."--(that's not an exact quote but it's close.)

Krakker 02-27-2010 01:53 PM

CORA-USA (found at www.corausa.org) has a very well supported program called "Active Kids". We incorporated 4 tube chassis rock crawlers (and recently a Slash 2WD) into our ministry. We kicked it off with some advertising of our annual 4XFEST. There's a bunch of pics on our site of the first event. One of the goals we're working on (now that we've got our new Spectrum radios) is getting into hospitals or youth centers and giving kids/youth a chance to experience R/C's. By getting them interested in a socially and productive hobby, we get the chance to witness to them as well as their families.
My suggestion would be to see if your church would help out with making some flyers (along with some helping hands) and try and publicise an event.
Call it and R/C invite, post up flyers at local tracks (or hand them out) See if any food vendor would be interested in supplying some "stuff" and get every business you can to post up the flyer.
CORA's ministry is open to all, tho our site is growing and can be used by other regional groups who want to get an organization going, we are about spreading the word. Under proprietary use/permission, you could grow "your" R/C ministry as a part of CORA's "Active Kids" program.

Good Luck and God Bless, I hope you can get the wheels moving.:tire:-----:tire: If we can help, let us know. Rory.

WYLDTHING 03-02-2010 09:21 AM

We don't have one yet, but a few of us are working on getting one started..