R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   R/C Racers 4 Christ (https://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-racers-4-christ-26/)
-   -   OK....Let's get this party started!!! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-racers-4-christ/363112-ok-lets-get-party-started.html)

WYLDTHING 01-22-2010 02:42 PM

OK....Let's get this party started!!!

It seems like since our dear friend Shookie passed away, that this part of the site has really dropped off. Not much activity going on and we need to change that!!! Let's keep this forum hopping with activity from believers and show the world that Christ IS risen, and even though Shookie is with Christ now, we haven't forgotten about him here on the earth!!!

I see lots of usernames that used be regulars in here that don't post anymore...that's not good! There is strength in numbers...so lets get some numbers back!!!

Everyone come back and post SOMETHING....about you life, family, racing, church, a struggle, a prayer request, ANYTHING that God would be honored by!!! We have so much and are so blessed in this country, and we need to be sharing Christs love with everyone that would come in and check out the "Bible Thumpers' group on RCTech!!!

Post up...Let's make our late brother Shookie proud!!! :nod:

Brad

Boss777 02-27-2010 07:07 PM

am new to rctech but when i saw Christ words i was like praise God that am not along i do rc not for long but all i want to say that God blessed me big times and am so happy that i know the truth and the truth set me free i want to say May God Jesus Christ bless everyone hear am so happy to know that i got brothers and sisters hear.

brianw 03-01-2010 06:02 AM

My 6-year old son and I were on our way to church last night when he started asking me a bunch of questions about baptism. We talked all the way to church and then I had him sit with me in the front seat when we got to church; he accepted Christ right there! What a beautiful day!!

WYLDTHING 03-01-2010 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by Boss777 (Post 7066769)
am new to rctech but when i saw Christ words i was like praise God that am not along i do rc not for long but all i want to say that God blessed me big times and am so happy that i know the truth and the truth set me free i want to say May God Jesus Christ bless everyone hear am so happy to know that i got brothers and sisters hear.

WELCOME BROTHER!!!

Welcome to the wonderful world of r/c, and welcome to our little world here at R/C Tech!!!

Thank you for posting and lifting up the name of Jesus!! We are glad you are here, and hope you will make this part of the forum a constant in your life. We love hearing what's going on with you and your racing, so come back often and share with us whatever you wish! :)

Jesus loves it when we get together to brag about Him!! HE IS AWESOME!!!:nod:

God Bless!
Brad

WYLDTHING 03-01-2010 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by brianw (Post 7073043)
My 6-year old son and I were on our way to church last night when he started asking me a bunch of questions about baptism. We talked all the way to church and then I had him sit with me in the front seat when we got to church; he accepted Christ right there! What a beautiful day!!

OH WOW!!! Now THAT'S the kind of news I love to hear to start of a new week!! WOOO HOO!!! And ALL of Heaven rejoiced!!!

I am smiling from ear to ear!!! If ya would, give your son a hug from Brad on RcTech. Makes my day!!!! :nod:

Brad

HESaves 03-01-2010 08:06 AM

Good Morning My Brothers and Sisters in Christ!!!!

Now that I know that I can come back to RC I've been away for 2 years. So
WYLDTHING one thing I'll start doing is posting my daily devotionals from the various sites that I get them from.
I agree we need to stay much more active then we have been and I place blame on myself. Though I wasn't racing I should have stayed up with all of you, for that I ask for your forgiveness.
I promise that I will work very hard to post here everyday!

GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU!!!

<><
Sean

HESaves 03-01-2010 08:12 AM

Good Morning!
I hope these messages find all for you walking in GOD's Light!
I hope that these few devotions help with your daily walk with our Father.
I will be posting these every weekday morning and doubling up on Monday's with weekend posts!

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!!

<><
Sean

Pathway to Paradise

And I know such a man--whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows--how he was caught up into Paradise and heard inexpressible words....

2 Corinthians 12:3-4

Quite often we hear stories recounted by people who felt that their spirit was leaving their body. It is not uncommon for someone to say "I remember feeling my spirit leaving my body; I was propelled toward a light at the end of a path. A force pushed me along, but it wasn't unpleasant. Flowers were blooming on both sides, though I didn't recognize the varieties. I heard beautiful music, but wasn't familiar with the songs. At the end of the path, a man in white was beckoning me to come. Suddenly he held up his hands and motioned for me to go back. I guess that's when the doctors managed to revive me."
Such stories intrigue us, and many Christians have experienced a similar incident or know someone who has. The apostle Paul himself got a brief glimpse of Paradise. But our best information about heaven doesn't come from dreams or near-death experiences. The Bible gives us detailed data about our eternal home. Because we can't see it, we sometimes lose sight of heaven. But many passages in the Bible are a virtual travel brochure of our eternal home, and they are given to fill us with anticipation. It is our blessed hope!
We shall be blest with a new heaven above us and a new earth beneath us and a new eternal home around us.

W. A. Criswell

MONDAY, MARCH 1, 2010

Your Heart, a Battlefield
Put on all of God's armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil.

— Ephesians 6:11

I am sure the greatest day in your life was the day you put your faith in Jesus Christ. And as we grow in our faith and knowledge of what God actually did for us, we become more aware of how significant that day really was. That was the day when we literally had our eternal address changed from a place called hell to a place called heaven. That was the day when we turned from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God. That was the day when, according to Jesus, there was a party in heaven given in our honor—a victory shout, if you will, from the angels and from those who have gone before us.

But it was also the day when a very real spiritual battle began. In fact, it has been said that conversion has made our hearts a battlefield. Just as surely as there is a God who loves you, there is also a devil who hates you—a devil who wants to stop the work God is doing in your life.

In the Parable of the Sower, Jesus talked about the seed that fell on the roadside and was eaten by the birds. He said, "Then the evil one comes and snatches away the seed that was planted in their hearts" (Matthew 13:19). It is called an attack, and you had better get ready for it.

If you want to be a spiritual pacifist, then you are going down. You will have to toughen up and put on the armor of God, because in this spiritual battle, you are either advancing or retreating. You are either winning or losing. So you must fight to win. And it is a battle that can be won—if you march with Christ.

Harvest Daily Devotional
Pastor Greg Laurie

K Love Daily Devotional

The Lord detests lying lips, but he delights in those who tell the truth.

~ Proverbs 12:22, NLT

Boss777 03-01-2010 09:20 AM

thanks and more thanks but God bless u people more couse am gething happy with Jesus i went riding with people and its main thing keep peace in your hard i kept braking my slash all the time like 3-4 times i broke my slash and its really something when i went onece a week riding but God gave me peace i found parts fixed it and i was more then happy God check me if am going to praise His name and praise the Lord i am more then happy

tmail55 03-01-2010 08:30 PM

One, of many, things that made Shookie special is he had time to answer (every post) and start discussions like this thread.

===

WYLDTHING

THANKS for following the leading you've been given.

===

HESaves

Looks like a fine thread to do devotions / Bible study.

===

brianw

:D :D :D :D :D

No matter how many people you introduce to Jesus there is NOTHING like leading your own kids (and GRANDkids) to Jesus!

===

Boss777

That is how I felt. >>>> I'm not alone!!!! :)

WYLDTHING 03-01-2010 09:38 PM

HESaves;

Posting the devotionals is a great idea!! Thank you! I may have to add some that I get from time to time too...Fantastic.. I like it!

tmail55;

You are SO right! I was blessed to be able to lead my daughter to Christ at her young age. It was one of the most awesome experiences I will ever have. What a blessing for a daddy to see his own child find their place in eternity with our Father. Sooo cool!

We are all blessed with the opportunity to continue the legacy that Mr. Shookie left for us on this site, and beyond. While I never got to meet him in person, it's not too hard to see what kind of man he was by just going through his posts on here. And while I shed some tears when I found out he had passed on, I know he is pain free now, and Heaven welcomed home a believer with a great heart for God. Sadness here, celebration there....

Brian--keep us informed of how God continues to work in your sons heart!

Boss---I love your energy and passion for the Lord!!!

Everyone join in here. Even if you just have a minute, make sure you at least stop in and say hello, read the devo's that are being posted every day, and help us lift the name of our Savior---Jesus. HE alone is worthy of our praise!!!:nod:

God Bless You all!

Brad

HESaves 03-02-2010 06:27 AM

Good Morning Brothers and Sisters in Christ!!!!

Some very good reading this morning!

Go with GOD!

<><
Sean

A Skillful Adversary

You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.

— 1 John 4:4

When I first became a Christian at age 17, other believers warned me, "Greg, you have to be careful, because the devil will tempt you." That was the craziest thing I had ever heard. The what is going to tempt me? Of course, I envisioned a caricatured version of Satan. I didn't think of him as a spiritual being, and I had never really dealt with temptation. Prior to my conversion, I saw temptation as an opportunity. I didn't know a lot about trying to resist it. So I asked these believers how I would know when I was being tempted. They said, "You will know."

So at school one day, a very attractive girl came walking toward me after class. She had never noticed me before, much less walked up to me or said anything to me. But then she actually spoke. I was dumbfounded. Why is this girl talking to me? What is happening? She asked, "What is your name?" I momentarily forgot my name. Then she said, "Hey, you know what? My parents have a cabin up in the mountains. I was thinking of going up there this weekend. Why don't you come with me?"

I thought, This is a temptation. This is it! She didn't have horns, and she wasn't carrying a pitchfork. But the temptation was attractive, it was enticing, and it was real. I knew this was the devil, because these things did not happen to me. Thankfully I resisted the temptation. But I also learned how it worked.

The enemy is quite clever. He knows how to offer his wares in an attractive way. But don't ever underestimate him. He is a sly and skillful adversary, with many years of experience in dealing with humankind. But even so, he can be overcome.

Greg Laurie

En Route to Heaven

For here we have no continuing city, but we seek the one to come.

Hebrews 13:14

When evangelist Billy Graham turned 91 last November, the Tennessean sent him some questions to answer. One involved the difficulties of aging. Graham said that the burdens of life remind us this world is not our final home. "My wife Ruth died almost two years ago," he said, "and every day I miss her very, very much. But someday soon we'll be together in Heaven--in God's presence forever, free from all the burdens of this life. If our hope is truly in Christ, we know we are only pilgrims on this earth, en route to our eternal home in Heaven. Old age should make us look forward with joy to heaven."1
Heaven is real, Christ is coming, and we should discipline our thoughts accordingly. If we're pilgrims eager for an eternal city, we'll be happier, harder-working, more forward-thinking people on earth, whatever our age. Our permanence isn't on earth; we long for the city whose builder and maker is God (Hebrews 11:10). So let's work till Jesus comes, then we'll be gathered home.
Alas! How we forget that we are but strangers and pilgrims on the earth; that we are journeying to our eternal home, and will soon be there!

Octavius Winslow

Do to others as you would like them to do to you.

~ Luke 6:31, NLT

If you guys have anymore ideas for great daily scriptureplease let me know!!!!

WYLDTHING 03-02-2010 08:38 AM

Good Morning to my Fellow Techies and brothers in Christ!!! What a beautiful day the Lord hath made!! :nod: Even if it is a whopping 17 degrees here in Missouri!...lol.

Yip...good reading this morning, Sean!! When I read the words of Pastor Graham, it quickly brought back memories of what he said when talking about the rapid moral decline of the U.S.. Brother Graham said in regards to this (not word for word)---"If God doesn't judge the U.S. for turning our backs on Him, then He owes Sodom an apoplogy!" I fear for our country and the thirst our leaders have for trying/allowing to eliminate anything pertaining to God. Surely, this will lead to destruction.

One of my personal favortire quotes from Pastor Charles Stanley says--"Obey God and leave ALL the consequences to Him". What a wonderful way to live your life that is!

And a quote that I once pencil'd during a difficult time in my life---"If we keep having to 'fall back' on God, then He must not be leading the way".

Hoping all of you have a VERY God-blessed day! "Go and make disciples of ALL the nations".

In God's love,
Brad

HESaves 03-02-2010 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by WYLDTHING (Post 7079658)
Good Morning to my Fellow Techies and brothers in Christ!!! What a beautiful day the Lord hath made!! :nod: Even if it is a whopping 17 degrees here in Missouri!...lol.

Yip...good reading this morning, Sean!! When I read the words of Pastor Graham, it quickly brought back memories of what he said when talking about the rapid moral decline of the U.S.. Brother Graham said in regards to this (not word for word)---"If God doesn't judge the U.S. for turning our backs on Him, then He owes Sodom an apoplogy!" I fear for our country and the thirst our leaders have for trying/allowing to eliminate anything pertaining to God. Surely, this will lead to destruction. 2 Chronicles 7:14

One of my personal favortire quotes from Pastor Charles Stanley says--"Obey God and leave ALL the consequences to Him". What a wonderful way to live your life that is!

And a quote that I once pencil'd during a difficult time in my life---"If we keep having to 'fall back' on God, then He must not be leading the way".

Hoping all of you have a VERY God-blessed day! "Go and make disciples of ALL the nations".

In God's love,
Brad

I can feel you my friend...getting colder here in Wisconsin...but we are gettign a heat wave this weekend. 44!!!! Maybe this snow will melt and we can dry up....

WYLDTHING 03-02-2010 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by HESaves (Post 7079836)
I can feel you my friend...getting colder here in Wisconsin...but we are gettign a heat wave this weekend. 44!!!! Maybe this snow will melt and we can dry up....

LOL!! I know...we are supposed to get to 47!!! You know it's been a harder winter when mid 40's (lower than average temp) looks great in March!! :lol:

We have some sunshine here today, too, so that always seems to make the day even brighter. I think we've been having a shortage of that here in the Midwest this winter, too.

At least we aren't in the Northeast, though!! Sheesh!!! I think they've got more snow in the last 3 weeks than we've had all winter!

HESaves 03-03-2010 07:06 AM

Good Morning my Borhters and Sisters in Chirst!!!

I hope these words find you in the light of our Lord!!

<><
Sean

A Wall of Protection

And don't let us yield to temptation, but rescue us from the evil one.

— Matthew 6:13

God is omniscient, which means that He is all-knowing. God is omnipotent, which means that He is all-powerful. And God is omnipresent, which means that He is present everywhere.

In sharp and direct contrast to this, the devil does not reflect God's divine attributes. He is not omnipotent. Although he has great power, his power is clearly limited, and he is nowhere near to being God's equal. Nor is the devil omniscient. He knows many things, but he doesn't know all things. And, he is not omnipresent. He can only be in one place at one time.

What the devil doesn't want you to know is that he can do nothing in the life of a Christian without God's permission. The devil complained that God had put a wall of protection around Job (see Job 1:10). So we see from this that even though Satan has a wicked agenda, he has to ask permission to touch the child of God. There is an impenetrable wall that God has placed around you that Satan cannot breach. That doesn't mean you can't be tempted. It doesn't mean you can't be harassed. It doesn't mean you can't be attacked. But God never will give you more than you can handle. So when the devil comes knocking at your door, I would suggest that you say, "Jesus, would You mind getting that?" I am so glad He is there, because I am no match for the devil. And neither are you.

Temptation will come into your life. Jesus even taught us to pray, "And don't let us yield to temptation, but rescue us from the evil one" (Matthew 6:13). So the next time you are facing temptation, remember that God never will give you too much. He will provide a way out.

Greg Laurie

Underestimating God

...and indeed the half of the greatness of your wisdom was not told me.

2 Chronicles 9:6

Because God is infinite, we always underestimate Him. Logically speaking, it's an unavoidable inevitability. The Lord has no boundaries or barriers, no limits or restrictions. He is endless in direction and duration, in space and time. His unfathomable attributes are bottomless seas without shores. Our minds can't grasp the depths of His presence, majesty, power, glory, and grace. There's no ceiling to His love, wrath, wealth, and intelligence. Our minds are astonished with God, and we can no more fit Him into our thoughts than we could fit the ocean into a thimble.
There is no way for us to comprehend the fullness of His infinity. So it would seem logical to say: Because God is inestimable, we always underestimate Him.
Nothing is a surprise to God, for He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. He sees the past, the present, and the future in one glance. Whatever our thoughts are about the return of Christ and our eternal home with Him, the reality will be even better. We'll say with the Queen of Sheba that the half was not told.

In the midst of the street is life's river, clear as crystal and pure to behold; But not half of that's city's bright glory to mortals has ever been told.

Jonathan B. Atchinson

The godly walk with integrity; blessed are their children who follow them.

~ Proverbs 20:7, NLT