Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > Club Forums > R/C Racers 4 Christ
SMOV in Virginia { R/C} >

SMOV in Virginia { R/C}

SMOV in Virginia { R/C}

Old 11-28-2008, 09:58 PM
Tech Initiate

Default SMOV in Virginia { R/C}

ok guys I'm going to need some help with this one . my childrens minister has come to me for some help. We are the hosting church for Ground Zero for 2009 . The conference is for 4th and 5th graders . The theme for the convention in March is "Ride" so this is what I have so far .
1. The Va Bch Fire Dept monster Truck.
2. larry McBride Top Fuel Motorcycle Dragster . "pending his race schedule"
3. Tons Of hot Rods from local Car Clubs .
4. Some custom Choppers from a local Motorcycle shop.
5. CMA local chapter which i am a long time member of . "Christian motorcycle Association"
6. Then here is the major help part . We want to include some R/C's

I have talked to Traxxas and they have a loaner program just for church events like this. I just have to supply the Batts and chargers . Well i dont have that many Batts and chargers . not to mention I would love to have fellow R/Cer's that are fellow Christians to help me out with this part.
Not to sure as to the track layout or what Traxxas might even send me i have to call them again to give them the church credit card for holding purposes. lol like im going to keep them!!lol But hey I do understand that it has happend before I am sure.

Well if you would love to come help me out and see 700-800 kids running around for two days then drop me a message . or if your Church would like to come please go to www.smov.net and do the registration deal.
last year was the Wii convention and we had over 600 kids at the church it was a blast.

Thanks and pray for our sanity!!!!!!
BigBrett
Old 11-30-2008, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

YGPM. Thanks Aaron
Old 12-01-2008, 02:50 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey Aron thanks for the assistant pm . This is what I can tell you so far . Traxxas is going to offer me loaner cars/trucks Elctric of course. But the catch is that I have to supply all the batts and chargers .
What i am going to need most is track help just guys that can help the kids with driving and then help with possible wrenching if needed . I have a parking lot that is set aside just for the R/C's which is about 200' by 300' just guessing . It holds about 25-30 cars and its all handicap area that we are going to rope off. We have other parking in the rear with handicap that is going to be used .

I understand the cost of gas and cost of motels are out of this world so I cant expect for your guys to come down from Pa to help .This is why I was hopeing to find others here in Va that might have interest or that they have there church coming. Now if you want to bring your kids down for the event hey come on down !!
Oh the age of the kids is 4th and 5th graders . Like i said last year we had almost 650-700 kids this year we plan to have almost 800 or more . So it is going to be a blast ! Im planning to stay at the church in a camper for the one night to act as securty for the Monster Truck . Hummmm wonder if I cranck it up and drive it a lil if they would mind ?

Well gotta get to work
Take care all have a blessed week.
BigBrett