Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > Club Forums > R/C Racers 4 Christ
Weed Berean RC Club-- Northern California >

Weed Berean RC Club-- Northern California

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: What type of cars should we run at WBRCC (Weed Berean Radio Control Club)?
Touring Cars 1/10th Scale
70.00%
Buggies 1/10th Scale
0%
Trucks 1/10th Scale
20.00%
Mini-Zs, and HPI Micros 1/28 and 1/18th Scale
10.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Weed Berean RC Club-- Northern California

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2003, 03:33 PM

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default If you were to start an RC club?

We are starting to put together our club at Weed Berean Church. I think that I have found two leaders who are interested it getting this up and going with me. Bidding on 3 TC3s to get us started.

I was showing one of them this morning photos from the old club in Merced, California and some of the RC gospel tracts / newsletters that would we would do each week we would run. I also showed him photos of the many of the cars that we used to run with and flyers we used to advertise the club with.

Some of the cars we would race with in Merced are in the photo below. We had a visitor from Las Vegas that week. His car is the Camaro.
Attached Thumbnails Weed Berean RC Club-- Northern California-lasvegas2.jpg  

Last edited by Cmotif; 09-07-2003 at 06:57 AM.
Old 09-13-2003, 03:10 PM

Default Update!

Met with my two future club leaders today, trying to get them up to speed. Showed them my retired Street Weapon (sold my RC Lab Seven Even a while back to get something newer now) so they understood the size of the cars. They were stoked at the Bobby Labonte Interstate Aston Martin that I has done for the old Losi. We raced my Mini-z cars and I sent them home with some old copies of RC car action.

I want to thank XXXKat who we are working with to get two or three of his old MR4TC Special Editions. Think that will be a good place for us to start up this club. They were excited as I told them about the cars that they will be getting.

We'll start small like we did in Merced and keep growing as the years go by. We look forward to hosting some IRT meets as a service of our club.

Cmotif
Old 10-03-2003, 03:04 PM

Well, things are moving along. I now have two Yokomo MR4TC Special Editions and One Yokomo MR4TC SSG. Placed a 213 dollar order with Tower Hobbies, and got cool things like cheap 1500 packs and Tamiya Corner Markers. Want to help get people started and make the track look GOOD!

I have put together my first flyer for advertising the club. It will get posted around this next week. My next project is to put together an informational sheet for all the people who are completely new to RC, so that they can go out and order the gear that they will need to race. There should be more people on RCtech.net, in the IRT and here on this thread in the future.

Cmotif
Old 10-04-2003, 03:27 PM
Tech Adept

Cmotif, How could I make a donation to your efforts??? Do you need tires, battires, a charger. PM me and let me know how I can help with your ministery. What is "IRT" ????
Old 10-04-2003, 08:16 PM

sponger, you have a PM. Thanks man! Appreciate it!
Old 04-03-2004, 11:06 AM

Default Started!

We have three members already and hopefully will have our first race day very soon.

Thanks again Sponger for the wheels and Batteries, gave some of them away yesterday in getting things started!

Hey, Jeffdude_16, you should check out the International Racing Team club section. Get 10 posts on the system and then apply for your IRT #. It is a good organization to be with, and in the past RCRacers4Christ have hosted IRT get togethers.

Wouldn't it awesome if our new club hosts about 4 days of racing, Summer of 2005, and we have racer coming to race from across California and the rest of the US? It is possible that there would be some international racers as well.

Cmotif

Last edited by Cmotif; 04-03-2004 at 11:14 AM.
Old 04-03-2004, 12:24 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Cmotif -- good luck with the new club, I'm sure it will be as successful as the last one!

Once I get back to California in the next couple of months I may have some stuff I can donate as well. is there anything in particular that you need? I'm sure I can scrounge up some old tires, batteries, motors, that sort of thing...
Old 04-03-2004, 01:41 PM

Thanks Futureal! Yeah, motors, batteries, wheels, old chargers, servo arms, servo motors, I'll take any old TC parts. Come up and visit us some time.

Cmotif
Old 04-13-2004, 09:47 PM

Hey, Jeff and Leo, when are you guys going to show up.

I have just finished working out the deal with the MR4TC from Axiom Motors. It is going to come with an Axiom motor. Too cool.

I thought that I was going insane in my office today. After you left me with the battery connector, I promptly lost it. Took everything apart, and finally found it again.

Looking forward to seeing your MR4TC Special with that Lamborghini body.

Cmotif
Old 04-18-2004, 07:32 PM

Getting two MR4TCs this week, before the first race. Some of them are coming with a lot of spare parts. Very cool.

Jeff and Leo, where are you guys? They are so cool! They have gotten mad into racing. They showed me today what they have built for corners on the track. We are going to have a gorgeous track. I look forward to posting photos of our club. It is going to be incredible.

Cmotif
Old 04-23-2004, 03:56 PM
Tech Rookie

hey thanks for the car im all ready for the race tomorrow and i cant wait. hopefully we have a bunch of ppl there.
Old 04-23-2004, 07:42 PM

Great to see that you figured out how to post. Can hardly wait for our races tomorrow. It is going to be hard to sleep tonight.

Man, after seeing that one high end TC kit on ebay (Don't want to mention its real name so that someone doesn't bid on it and snatch it from me. I think that I might have to buy it and make it available for people in weed.)

Cmotif
Old 04-30-2004, 10:45 AM
Tech Rookie

hey cmotif
I heard that you fried your bat charger the day of our first race.sorry that i had to leave so earily but it was just to soon after my neck surgery i cant wait to see the pics
see you at church
Old 05-04-2004, 07:16 AM

Nova F1 Racer sent his huge package. Most of it was batteries. We need to get a NiMh charger to be able to charge some of the larger volume packs. Came with a couple of radios and three bodies.

Cmotif
Old 06-05-2004, 02:29 PM

Default Club up and running!

We are going to have our 4th meet on the 12th of June. We have 7 members and counting. One we picked up last week, and he has quite a bit of experience with RC cars from places that he lived previously.

We had a brilliant donation of 300 dollars, which was spent on getting 8 shocks (for two cars) and 2 chargers and 2 escs. The shocks were what was needed for putting together two complete cars.

One of those cars will be given away and the other sold. The one that is sold will bring in money that will be spent on getting two radios to give away.

Cmotif

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.