New R/C Ministry

Old 04-28-2008, 09:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Default New R/C Ministry

Hi ya'll how's it going. I wanted to drop in and say "Hi" to my brothers and sisters in Christ. HOLA!

Anyway, I hope to be seeing you guys around I have some questions and stuff, as I am kinda new to this. But hey that's what forums are for, right? Oh I just wanted to let you guys know too that I am trying to raise a little money to build this 35'X60' track and get three cars to use. I attached the letter I sent to my friends asking for some help!

Dave

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Friends in Christ,

I am writing to you today to tell you about an exciting new ministry at Valley View Chapel; an R/C (Radio Control) Car Club. I am heading up this new ministry by myself and I really need your help. I know people ask for donations all the time, but I really just want to tell you that this club will help keep kids off the streets and away from drugs, gangs and alcohol. And not only that but; this r/c park will bring together young and old alike, where the generation gap will disappear and lives will be touched. Today there is a deficit in relationships between the old and new generations. I am working feverously to make this a thing of the past in my community. Your small donation can change a child’s and adult’s life forever. My plan is to build an off-road r/c car park on the Valley View Chapel grounds, right next to our current skate park (Track picture is attached below). My prayer is that through building relationships I can minister to the kids and adults within our local community and advance God’s Kingdom. I will post pictures and send them to you all, as the park is being built. I need to raise only $1000, to totally complete the park and buy three r/c cars for everyone to use. Your help is greatly needed! And yes, your donation is tax-deductible and all checks need to be made out to Valley View Chapel, with “VVRCCC” in the memo field.

1 Peter 5:5 “…all of you, serve each other in humility”
Titus 2:6-7 “…encourage the young men to live wisely. And you yourself must be an example to them by doing good works of every kind…”

Send your check to:

Valley View Chapel
ATTN: VVRCCC
858 Nadenbousch Lane
Martinsburg, WV 25401

God Bless You and Thank You Very Much!,

David Schmeltz
Email: [email protected]
“I will forever praise Him!”
http://www.valleyviewchapel.net/
Old 04-29-2008, 09:57 AM

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

As soon as you can, you will want the students to get their own cars.

When there is ownership they will treat them better, than just "club" cars.

Club cars usually get the heck beat out of them, because they aren't worth anything personally to the drivers. It is easy to end up spending more time fixing cars that kids broke, than really doing the ministry that you really want to do.

I had a "club" car when I started our first club, and it got trashed quick, and I sold it.

It might be better to get "partial sponsorships" from adults who are willing to pay a portion of a used RC car to get a kid into RC racing, if he is willing to put up the rest himself.

Food for thought,

I wish your ministry the best.

Cmotif <><
Old 11-20-2008, 04:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cmotif View Post
As soon as you can, you will want the students to get their own cars.

When there is ownership they will treat them better, than just "club" cars.

Club cars usually get the heck beat out of them, because they aren't worth anything personally to the drivers. It is easy to end up spending more time fixing cars that kids broke, than really doing the ministry that you really want to do.

I had a "club" car when I started our first club, and it got trashed quick, and I sold it.

It might be better to get "partial sponsorships" from adults who are willing to pay a portion of a used RC car to get a kid into RC racing, if he is willing to put up the rest himself.

Food for thought,

I wish your ministry the best.

Cmotif <><
Great suggestion. I would highly recommend helping with the cost of a car rather than having 3 there. In the beginning I spent most the night wrenching on cars and not building relationships.

Our ministry has been in full swing for 2 years and gets better every year. One thing that I did this year was got business sponsors. We raised 3700 this year for AMB and CRC Click Trac. One last note, if you have ever read "No Lone Rangers", please get someone else involved. Old young whatever. It will be a much more effective ministry and free you up to do what you want. Relate to others. I would love to talk if you have questions 717-512-6167. We are pushing 30 racers a week and I have made a ton of mistakes and found out what works and does not. I am a pastor and love racing so turned it into a hobby. Im sure the same can be said of you. God Bless. Aaron Benner
Old 05-07-2009, 09:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Smile Great ministry

I have really been into r/c racing for years.....Running across these posts was a blessing. I always wondered how I could use the hobby to help people to become faithful followers of christ. Now I will brainstorm and try to put something together locally here in ohio. Again thank you and God bles!
Old 08-17-2009, 12:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hello Guys

Bless you for doing what you do in the name of Christ! I think this is a great way to bring people together for the right reasons. I would like to help you with the cars as much as I can when you guys are up and running.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I never thought of this, what a great idea!
Something to think about for the future!

Thanks
Jeff
Old 01-28-2010, 09:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Starting an RC ministry

Aaron,
We are interested in starting an RC ministry in our area. What do you recommend? Our initial thoughts were to start with a local church, but space is a challenge at times, and boards and elders are often difficult to work with. We also thought about setting up a "public" track and charging small fees. There's not a lot of tracks in our part of town, so we were also thinking of approaching local hobby stores as partial sponsors.

To be honest, we are totally new to RC, so you can tell there's a little ignorance. We have two priorities at this point. Building relationship with parents and their kids in a fun and light-hearted competitive atmosphere, and to be self-sufficient financially. Call me crazy, but if this meets a real need, it seems like folks will value it with their money.

His best,
Brian