R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   R/C Racers 4 Christ (https://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-racers-4-christ-26/)
-   -   Bible discussion (https://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-racers-4-christ/202130-bible-discussion.html)

carpetguy 01-21-2008 07:41 PM

Bible discussion

Bible trivia time again--We all know the story of Jesus' cruxifiction and how Judas sold out for thirty pieces of silver. The question is: was Judas forgiven?
Once again feel free to pm me anytime.

Heb 10:12 But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God,The Holy Bible, New King James Version, (Nashville, Tennessee: Thomas Nelson, Inc.) 1982.
All sin was forgiven with that one sacrifice, now wether or not he accepted it is another thing. But Yes he was forgiven

This was a direct quote from the Bible, This man is Jesus (sorry i figured that this was obvious)and this is a reference to the fact that He only died once for the forgiveness of all sins, this means past, present, and future.
so with that point yes judas was forgiven.
Forgiveness of ALL sin was accomplished on the cross. this is why paul can state in
Romans 10:&10
9that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
The Holy Bible, New King James Version, (Nashville, Tennessee: Thomas Nelson, Inc.) 1982.
one doesn't have to repent of sin to be saved, only Believe that Jesus is who God claims Him to be. see v10 (you will be saved)
repentance and forgiveness are only a matter of relationship building.
God is not out looking for us to sin so he can pounce, because all sin was forgiven already. it is only when we truly grasp the love that this shows that we can truly appreciate who Jesus is. There is Nothing we can do to achieve salvation, we can only accept the gift of forgiveness that is being offered.
Judas was forgiven but that doesn't mean that he accepted Jesus as the messiah or as God's own son. i would suggest that He never truly accepted this fact and thus he was able to betray Jesus

bowl806 01-21-2008 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by carpetguy (Post 4103099)
Bible trivia time again--We all know the story of Jesus' cruxifiction and how Judas sold out for thirty pieces of silver. The question is: was Judas forgiven?
Once again feel free to pm me anytime.

Heb 10:12 But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God,The Holy Bible, New King James Version, (Nashville, Tennessee: Thomas Nelson, Inc.) 1982.
All sin was forgiven with that one sacrifice, now wether or not he accepted it is another thing. But Yes he was forgiven

This was a direct quote from the Bible, This man is Jesus (sorry i figured that this was obvious)and this is a reference to the fact that He only died once for the forgiveness of all sins, this means past, present, and future.
so with that point yes judas was forgiven.
Forgiveness of ALL sin was accomplished on the cross. this is why paul can state in
Romans 10:&10
9that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
The Holy Bible, New King James Version, (Nashville, Tennessee: Thomas Nelson, Inc.) 1982.
one doesn't have to repent of sin to be saved, only Believe that Jesus is who God claims Him to be. see v10 (you will be saved)
repentance and forgiveness are only a matter of relationship building.
God is not out looking for us to sin so he can pounce, because all sin was forgiven already. it is only when we truly grasp the love that this shows that we can truly appreciate who Jesus is. There is Nothing we can do to achieve salvation, we can only accept the gift of forgiveness that is being offered.
Judas was forgiven but that doesn't mean that he accepted Jesus as the messiah or as God's own son. i would suggest that He never truly accepted this fact and thus he was able to betray Jesus

Great idea to start a new thread--why didn't I think of that? Where in the Scriptures does it say Judas confessed with his mouth? Read John 17;12 NKJV--son of perdition= Judas. We must remember that there is no Scripture that says specifically, Judas ever asked for forgiveness or confessed with his mouth. If Judas was in fact forgiven, why would he go and hang himself for selling out Jesus? Jesus had already known Judas was going to sell out for the Scriptures must be fullfilled. This is of course, only my opinion. Bible trivia is fun!

carpetguy 01-22-2008 05:07 AM

Judas hanged himself because he didn't undersstand the fact that he was forgiven. to say that we must confess and repent for sin to be forgiven also then says that if one has even one unconfessed sin when they die that they will not enter heaven, yes Judas was the son of perdition, and i believe that he never accepted the gift offered because he never understood the love of Christ. Peter on the other hand did. he denied Christ, but having already being told that he would and that Jesus wouldn't turn His back on Peter, he felt great sadness and remorse and understood the love of Christ to the point that he didn't walk away believing that he had committed a sin that was unforgiveable. because he new that he was forgiven.
if those of this world were able to understand this then many more would turn to Christ rather than walk away believing that they are too bad for God. I believe that this is the root cause for sucides in north america.
in John 17 Jesus doesn't say that he discrded Judas but that was unable to keep him, in other words that he left.
now this is entirely my opnion, but i believe backed up by the Bible

bowl806 01-22-2008 10:11 AM

All denominations have the right to believe as they choose. it is not worth the time of day to deal with all the "what-if's". We can agree on the fact that if you accept Jesus into your heart and confess it with your mouth, you will be saved. personally, i believe that the motive of Judas was greed, as the Scriptures teach. Jesus had called Judas the son of perdition and a devil. If you research "son of perdition" it will be discovered "perdition" means "the fate of all of those who do not come to repentance." I can respect your opinion although we are not of one mind and one accord. If Judas never understood the love of Christ, how could he have accepted Jesus as lord?

pitdog 02-01-2008 04:13 AM

look us up