Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > Club Forums > R/C Racers 4 Christ
Need Help...any good ideas on this? >

Need Help...any good ideas on this?

Need Help...any good ideas on this?

Old 06-26-2006, 06:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default Need Help...any good ideas on this?

Hey fellas! Need some help here.

My buddy and I are planning to start some small racing @ our Local Church. I think were going to go with 1/10 scale 2wd elec stadiums and run them in the parking lot w/ some wooden ramps. This is mainly for our JR High group who needs something GOOD to put their time and effort into. Here's my problems that I could use any and all help on!

1st: Please pray for this. I really hope that God uses this in their lives (and ours) and that it's able to grow into the local community as well.

2nd: Never organized or prepared a track before....anybody have any suggestions.

3rd: Thinking of setting some rules...like 19t only ... and of course a code of conduct....and suggestions here?

4th: Starting out there will be maybe 10-15 kids/adults...do I need any special equipment if things get bigger?

5th: Costs. We choose the 10th scale elec stadiums because we figured that kids could get a Duratrax evader for pretty cheap...easy to work on...and the LHS stocks parts.

*HOWEVER, there are probly a few families that may not be able to afford one still. I don't want to ASK for anything (but will gladly accept). BUT, WOULD ASK THAT IF ANYONE HAS 10TH SCALE ELECTRIC, CHARGERS, DECENT CHEAP BATTERY'S, 19T MOTORS.....LMK.

-I would like to have this organized within a 3-4 weeks so please any help would be appreciated. Your Prayers even more so!!!!!

(((AND OF COURSE IF YOUR IN THE AREA CHECK US OUT.....CROWN POINT, IN @ HILLSIDE COMMUNITY CHURCH)))

Thanks,
Alan
Old 06-26-2006, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

1) Of course I will pray for it.

2) Check with some local plumming/contractors to see if they would donate any 1" PVC for lanes.

3)19t is always good, for 10 2wd and if you wanted to run touring car you could also use 19T's. As far as code of conduct, just the same stuff that pops in everyones head, No swearing, no hacking, and on and on..LOL

4) You should think maybe of a used laptop for lap counting (there is free lap counting software) But transponders systems are insainly expencive.

5) Yea you can get them for pretty cheap, You might think about what my LHS does for its parking lot races, they have a couple cheap dual chargers ready for the kids and maybe some cheap stick packs. Those can be donated from manufactors. If you have non for profit status, Manufactors would be more willing for tax reasons. I know Venon has cheap stick packs for like $14.00.

If I would have known if this a couple months ago I could have donated a bunch of motors and packs but sold them when I got rid of my On Road stuff.

Right now I am bare bones sorry.

Hope and Pray this ministry is blessed.

-Shookie <><
Old 06-26-2006, 10:41 AM
Tech Master

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

You've got GREAT IDEAS and I appreciate it! Never would have thought about the plumbing contractor for stuff....my buddy even works for one! Anyways...I really appreciate any and all help so if anything else comes to mind...shoot it my way. Any chance I can use the "R/C Racers 4 Christ" name and have them made up into stickers for give away's? I've got a fantastic artist buddy who could make up an AWSOME logo...if that's cool? Anyways...LMK....I'm really excited about the way God is going to use this!!!!

Oh...and I have a laptop...I'm on it now...if u know were to download the lap counting software that'd be great!

-God Bless!!!
-Alan
Old 06-26-2006, 04:08 PM
Tech Elite

About the R/C Racers for Christ name, I believe Cmotif has a club of racers using that name.. Send him a PM and ask.
You are always welcome to use Team Holy Rollers Logo and Name.

ABout the free lap counting...
Here you go...
http://www.rctiming.com/

Glad I could helps,
-Shookie <><
Old 06-26-2006, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

Thanks Shookie...your a BIG HELP!!!!
Old 06-28-2006, 06:28 AM
Tech Master

Just an update:

Talked to Pastor Tony...and he thinks the ideas GREAT! In fact he's allowed us to use the parkinglot....or the auditorium area that has a huge smooth floor and a low balcony (perfect for a driver stand!). Also, thanks to Shookies idea...i've asked him if we can have donations put in the Churchs name (non-profit) and hes agreed and will provide receipts for tax purposes! AWSOME! Now all I need are kids and cars! I just worked a deal on an Evader pro roller and a Stampede for $150 on RCZ...and with another $50 I'll have 2 trucks to loan out. I'll let the kids buy them (if they want) for $100 ea..then recycle the money back into the loaner program. That way we'll always have 2 (at least) to loan out. Hopefully we'll get some more down the road.

Next up is to hit up some RC shops and company's for any donations....anybody have any ideas on that LMK.

Thanks,
Al
Old 06-28-2006, 04:34 PM

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrorocks
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

You've got GREAT IDEAS and I appreciate it! Never would have thought about the plumbing contractor for stuff....my buddy even works for one! Anyways...I really appreciate any and all help so if anything else comes to mind...shoot it my way. Any chance I can use the "R/C Racers 4 Christ" name and have them made up into stickers for give away's? I've got a fantastic artist buddy who could make up an AWSOME logo...if that's cool? Anyways...LMK....I'm really excited about the way God is going to use this!!!!

Oh...and I have a laptop...I'm on it now...if u know were to download the lap counting software that'd be great!

-God Bless!!!
-Alan
R/C Racers 4 Christ is this fourm. PC9840 who was one of the first administrators here on rctech.net got this forum up and running for Christian RC racers to be able to get together. It was always an internet group, and not at a physical location.

Other teams have started from this forum, but they are part of the forum started here.

If you want to use it locally, I don't have a problem with that. Just represent Christ, share His good news and care.

Here is an old sticker or two.

Cmotif <><
Attached Thumbnails Need Help...any good ideas on this?-racersforchrist1.jpg   Need Help...any good ideas on this?-rc4christ.jpg  
Old 06-29-2006, 06:35 AM
Tech Master

Thanks cmotif.....I appreciate all the help and the stickers!

I've asked my artist buddy to make us up a logo that we can use on shirts, stickers, and even a club card for discounts at the local hobby shop. We'll be footing the bill...so probly not all at once.

Anyways...I've contacted several RC Company's for donations and prayers, please pray that it is well received.

I've also found someone in the area who is interested in doing Workshops for kids. I've talked with him and he's agreed to come in and do a few workshops before our league races.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers!!!!
-Alan
Old 06-29-2006, 02:28 PM

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default help you need

1st: Please pray for this. I really hope that God uses this in their lives (and ours) and that it's able to grow into the local community as well.
--- I would recommend that you write your own "newsletter/tracts" for the club. We would do that each time that we met, sharing the gospel in ways that racers can understand. Also use it inform people of upcoming event. Take digital photos of the paint jobs of newcomers and put it on tract the next week. That will guarantee that they keep it.

2nd: Never organized or prepared a track before....anybody have any suggestions.
--- first track we did, we used 2x4s, and screwed them together using nail plates as connectors. Also did the firehose deal.

3rd: Thinking of setting some rules...like 19t only ... and of course a code of conduct....and suggestions here?
---write up a list of tips and include what you expect for conduct at the same time.

4th: Starting out there will be maybe 10-15 kids/adults...do I need any special equipment if things get bigger?

---Think of getting lots of chargers. Duratrax has a peak charger that charges two packs at a time. I have two of those left from my club. Awesome.

5th: Costs. We choose the 10th scale elec stadiums because we figured that kids could get a Duratrax evader for pretty cheap...easy to work on...and the LHS stocks parts.
--- let them know that they can pick them up used as well. Also have a run what you brung rule, just in case some kid shows up with his dad's old RC10 from the 80s.

Cmotif <><
Old 06-29-2006, 04:47 PM
Tech Master

Thanks!!! GREAT IDEAS!!! Thank God for all the POSITIVE RESPONSE!!!

The news letter is a great idea...I think Pastors wife will even help me produce it and she doesn't even know it yet. But that's a great idea and luckily I got me a decent Digi Cam!

What model Duratrax charger does 2 batts @ the same time...I'll have to use some funds for that. Sounds like a good investment. And as for a race what ya bring idea....I know 2 guys who mentioned an original grasshopper and a JRXT! I can't wait...this is gonna be AWSOME!!!

Thanks for all the prayers and INCREDIBLE response!!!!!!
Old 07-01-2006, 06:50 AM
Tech Master

Hey...cmotif...I was curious if you had any of your newsletter/tracts available as a sample? I really like the idea...I would kinda like to see one for layout and such...if possible.

Shookie...(little off subject) ... but how ya feeling?

Anyways...verse for the day here:
Galatians 6:9-10

9Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. 10Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.
Old 07-01-2006, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nitrorocks
Hey...cmotif...I was curious if you had any of your newsletter/tracts available as a sample? I really like the idea...I would kinda like to see one for layout and such...if possible.

Shookie...(little off subject) ... but how ya feeling?

Anyways...verse for the day here:
Galatians 6:9-10

9Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. 10Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.
Thanks brother for the encouragement. I love those verses.
The Lord has blessed me with HIS Peace. I am not worried or even concerned anymore. The last test results came back negative for cancer so that is a good sign, but I have feeling that they are going to be poking me with more needles soon. LOL
But as far as everything goes I am not allowing the DR's lack of wisdom involved in my case to upset me. It is Father filtered for my consumtion.

I am feeling fine, just a little light night sweats that are annoying. But other than that I am fine. In fact I am going racing tonight. I went to two different tracks yesterday for some practice and had such a great time not thinking about health issues. Those health issued had plagued me for three weeks, now I just am living my life. GOD IS GOOD.
-Shookie <><
Old 07-01-2006, 09:26 AM
Tech Master

Talking

God is Good indeed!!!

Glad to hear your feeling better! AND that u get to go racing! As for me...I'm in for a little Yard Mowing...then some RC work. I got 2 trucks (yesturday) that need a little work...one a duratrax pro evader...in really good shape! The other a Stampede...a little work..a little testing and BAM 2 ready to go!

Also, I've had a handful of RC company's respond back to my emails. After details are worked out I'll be listing who they are...but I've been overwhelmed by spiritual side of them. Many prayers have been offered up ... and it's greatly touched me. Sometimes as a Christian you feel alone on an Island...and this experience has made that island seem much much Bigger!

What an HONOR it is to serve my Lord and Savior, Jesus!
-Alan
Old 07-01-2006, 12:22 PM
Tech Elite

Alan,

I also believe that Proline is founded by a Christian . They have a Jesus fish on eveyr body. Send them an email, when you have more vehiles, they might donate some for such a great cause...

-Shookie <><
Old 07-01-2006, 02:07 PM
Tech Master

I think I already emailed them...but it's only been a few days. I figure by friday if I haven't heard anything I may send more emails.

Thanks for the tip...!!!!!

-Alan

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service