Like Tree7Likes

Pics of Christian-Themed RC Bodies

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 12:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Pics of Christian-Themed RC Bodies

I just noticed this section for the first time. I believe in Christ is my Lord and Savior.

I'm wondering if many of you RC hobbyist paint your RC body with a Christian theme? Such as pictures of Jesus, Scriptures, etc...
smokeymaronejp likes this.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tom_chang79
I just noticed this section for the first time. I believe in Christ is my Lord and Savior.

I'm wondering if many of you RC hobbyist paint your RC body with a Christian theme? Such as pictures of Jesus, Scriptures, etc...
I had this sticker on one of my T4's before.

Old 12-10-2009, 06:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

HMMM, there should be more replies in this section?? anybody? How are you sharing the word?

My new Blitz is coming stay tuned for pics!
Old 12-12-2009, 03:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default decals

Originally Posted by Ghostrider86
HMMM, there should be more replies in this section?? anybody? How are you sharing the word?

My new Blitz is coming stay tuned for pics!
I went to my local decal guy and had him make some cool verses and saying about christ. its a cool way to plant a seed and i have had strangers ask and talk to me about them.
Old 12-12-2009, 04:17 PM
Tech Adept

Surely RC racing is a non political non religious past time?

If i saw a car daubed with political or religious slogans of any denomination, religious sect or party, then i'd be offended and make a formal complaint to the organisers.

In my opinion there's a time and a place to try and force your beliefs and attempt to brainwash people, and a RC race is neither.

Leave it home would be my advice.

Cheers
Mark
Old 12-12-2009, 04:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gixer
Surely RC racing is a non political non religious past time?

If i saw a car daubed with political or religious slogans of any denomination, religious sect or party, then i'd be offended and make a formal complaint to the organisers.

In my opinion there's a time and a place to try and force your beliefs and attempt to brainwash people, and a RC race is neither.

Leave it home would be my advice.

Cheers
Mark
Wow! Putting scripture or pics of any biblical person is no different than having Monster energy or Lucas Oil or any business, person theme that is currently flooding the market. Your complaint would fall on deaf ears. Also don't come into a forum that is geared towards something and disrespect it. They asked for a forum to discuss this kind of stuff to keep it out of the other forums, now you should do the same.
Old 12-12-2009, 04:47 PM
Tech Adept

The intention and meaning (i.e. recruitment) is very different in foundation.

I did not mean any disrespect, i just feel that with all the problems the world is facing many turn to RC racing as a get away (me included).

With this in mind it wouldn't be long before Muslims had Muslim symbolism, Jews Jewish symbolism, etc etc.

It's just a bit heavy for a Sunday afternoons sport.

Saying that, i did not see that there was a religious section (i only click on "view new posts").

I have no idea if my complaint would be upheld or not, the fact is no matter what religion or political party i would still be offended that someone has bought religion/politics into a neutral sport.

So feel obliged to make a formal complaint to the event organiser no matter if it fell on deaf ears or not.

As i say, i didn't realise this was a religious section, so i'll unsubscribe and butt out.

Cheers
Mark
Old 12-13-2009, 12:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I would still like to see some christian themed rc bodies out there, I was looking for some ideas myself. I am a born again believer, everyone I race with as far as I know isnt, I dont think anyone would have a problem with a couple of crosses and some verses on my 1/8th scale body, its a good way to strike up conversation, and im getting tired of looking at flames all the time anyway,LOL!
Old 12-19-2009, 04:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Isin't it amazing how somthing like a verse can offend someone. No curses no threats just truth. If you don't believe it and are not forced to look at it why be offended. Unless it is convicting. Kind of like, being in darkness and having a bright light shined on you. Isin't that excactly what we were called to be, light? Salt and light to be exact. I never considered putting verses on my cars but now I will. If they can put curses and half naked ladies on there cars I think I can put a verse on mine.
Old 01-02-2010, 03:32 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Truggyman
I would still like to see some christian themed rc bodies out there, I was looking for some ideas myself. I am a born again believer, everyone I race with as far as I know isnt, I dont think anyone would have a problem with a couple of crosses and some verses on my 1/8th scale body, its a good way to strike up conversation, and im getting tired of looking at flames all the time anyway,LOL!
Not entirely sure if thats such a good idea to be honest. Like people from different religions could and probably would be offended if they take theirs seriously. Its a pointless way to cause arguments.

Keep politics and religion from RC racing.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

That's the collective ignorance of Christianity. Christians just assume everyone agrees with them, and would have no problem seeing a big cross on their RC car. Hey, why don't I paint a big Pentagram on my RC car? See, the difference is, I respect people's different beliefs, and choose to leave all that nonsense in church where it belongs...not in a hobby.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:48 AM
Tech Initiate

I think some of the responses to this request are a bit extreme. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and a do respect that. However, unless you walk around blind folded, you are exposed tons of marketing paraphernalia every single day designed to sway your interests and beliefs. Some of them quite offensive. Do you take the same stand? And YES there are "religions" out there that are harmful, hypocritical and based on untruths but there are those that truly believe in God and practice truth and live according to scripture that should not be stereotyped. My apologies if you are offended by my beliefs not my intention. If I love my RC car so much that I decide to wear an Associated Tee shirt, why shouldn't I display something more meaningful to me? And I say this with the outmost respect.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have been running crosses on the front of my rc cars since 1998. It has lead me to share to several people during the years. No one has ever complained.
I did it because I figured if Daddy Don Garlits did it I can too put my faith out there.
God Bless

Last edited by Jsaves; 01-05-2010 at 04:52 PM. Reason: pic did not work
Old 01-05-2010, 08:21 PM
Tech Adept

Def falls on deaf ears here. If I offend someone with a christian logo or verse on my care then I could care less. If I offend 100 people with what is on my car, but I lead 1 person to Christ then I have done my job. Am I shoving it in anyones face, NO. If you don't like it don't look.
smokeymaronejp and Marvy like this.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jfd152
Def falls on deaf ears here. If I offend someone with a christian logo or verse on my care then I could care less. If I offend 100 people with what is on my car, but I lead 1 person to Christ then I have done my job. Am I shoving it in anyones face, NO. If you don't like it don't look.
Well said!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.