Photos from 439 R/C Raceway

Old 09-01-2014, 02:19 PM
Tech Addict

Default Photos from 439 R/C Raceway

Finally made it up to 439 raceway near Bolton Tx. Very nice facility. Everything is 1st class. Has its own Grill R/V with hookups covered pit areas with large swamp coolers. Raised covered patio for watching the races. Just a first class effort that went into this place. Anyways I was trying out something new this time out.

All done with a stack and layer masks in PS. Pretty easy once you get through one of them. A few of those famous PS gotcha's along the way But even for me it was fairly straightforward and I've only had PS for a little over a month so I've only just begun to learn it. They are a lot of fun to play with.

Griz
Old 09-01-2014, 07:57 PM
Tech Addict

Default Singles

Griz
Old 09-03-2014, 01:49 PM
Tech Addict

Default A few more

Griz
Old 11-07-2014, 09:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Nice, I like the sequence ones.
Old 02-03-2015, 09:36 PM
Tech Addict

Yea they are fun to do and challenging to get the spacing right. Those shots were a tune up for the Lone Star Le Mans race at Circuit of the Americas. They were running a photo contest for non pros and I wanted to do one of those shots to enter it in the contest. Turns out it was the right move I took 1st runner up and will be going this year on a VIP ticket package. Even has trackside massage The grand prize was a trip to Brazil for the last race. Hard for me to do that so I came out ahead actually.

Those tiks are 1000 apiece I have two for this year's race

Griz
Old 02-27-2015, 07:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

nice shots!
Old 05-30-2015, 07:29 AM
Tech Adept

Very nice pic!
Old 10-28-2015, 10:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I like the PS ones!
Old 11-18-2015, 10:24 AM
Tech Addict

Yea the sequences are a blast to do. The processing isn't that hard just takes a bit to get used to it. I'm not very good with PS I mostly use Lightroom but even my low skills are enough to do them. The trick is getting the speed of the burst right. Too fast and you have too many images and they are all on top of each other. You end up having to throw away some and it leaves gaps. Too slow and they are too spaced out. On my old 7D it was tricky because you only had two speeds 8fps and 6fps. But on the 7DII there are two speeds but each speed can be any speed its capable off with the restriction that setting one has to be the fastest. So with a few test shots you can get the speed just right. You probably want to turn off the setting that doesn't allow a shot until the camera thinks its in focus too. Sometimes they aren't that soft and the over all shot looks better with that one in it. If the spacing is correct and its not too soft people won't really see it. Sometimes just reducing it to 800 or so pix will sharpen it up enough as well. I don't like to use sharpening much and I have it set very low in the camera. Creates too many other artifacts if you are sharpening in several places. And as you get better your criteria for rejecting shots goes way up. Pretty much if there is a name on the car and I can't read it the shot goes in the trash nowadays but at first if it even looked like car it was good to go

Griz