R/C photo contest .....any interest?

Old 09-23-2010, 02:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Default R/C photo contest .....any interest?

Any interest in a photo contest? Winner will be chosen by members here on Tech, and they must be r/c.

I guess if there is any interest, I/we can create a list of rules for this with different categories ( helis, planes, cars, offroad, onroad, moving/stationary...etc........)

This would be strictly for fun.

Post here if your interested.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

That would be cool. I think it should be based on most creative/interesting shot, regardless of the quality of camera used. This way more people can get in on it.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:50 PM
Tech Elite

I'm not sure how we would have a photo contest without creativity. That's what makes a photo a photo, ones creativity and how they capture the moment. Otherwise it's just a snapshot.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by xrayeddy View Post
I'm not sure how we would have a photo contest without creativity. That's what makes a photo a photo, ones creativity and how they capture the moment. Otherwise it's just a snapshot.
1 picture per person. Should we start posting in this ad? Also, like other forums, let's keep the quoting pics and talking down to a minimum

Here's mine. I tried to make it look like an image from a movie

Last edited by gene1219; 09-24-2010 at 10:35 AM. Reason: added picture
Old 09-25-2010, 04:31 PM
Tech Elite

New macro lens today
Attached Thumbnails R/C photo contest .....any interest?-funny-faces-macro-014.jpg  
Old 09-26-2010, 08:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Thumbs up

Sounds cool....count me in!
I haven't shot anything to recently but can contribute.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

As long as it doesn't become like a second...ok, third job. I guess that part is up to me, lol.

...Jim
W.E.D.
www.wedjim.com
Old 09-28-2010, 11:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi!a photo contest is a cool idea and you can do so many different themes.I run a photo contest on another r/c forum...(cough cough)and I have been doing it for almost atleast 2 yrs now and so far its been working pretty well.

as far as number of entries go,depending on the traffic..you could start start with 1 but maybe allow up to 3 entries per member.this gives varity and more entries.also if you can set up a poll that would be cool to let members vote on them.i lett he photo contest go for the entire month and then put up a poll for 7 days.

the only thing i think is that you need to be a moderator to put up a poll.if you cant put up a poll ,do a round robin thing then.....say for example you choose the first winner of the first contest....then that winner becomes next month;s judge and so forth!

also I find when you have a "open" theme you get alot more entries but themed ones are great too!
Old 09-29-2010, 02:51 AM
Tech Adept

I have entered a lot of photo comps, and photoshop comps mainly at www.worth1000.com where im still in the top 50 even thou i haven't entered for three years or so.

ANyway i reckon it would be good to have a set theme, over a set time otherwise it just becomes a look at my cool pic thread.

It would be possible to have some themes that could include whatever rc vehicle you like.... or even a few that arent rc related.

Heres some rc related ones from off the top of my head.

*Action
*Night time
*Airborne (could be a car, boat plane ect)
*Looking Real (where its posed to look more realistic somehow.. maybe a photoshop comp).
*Straight Ahead
*Smoking
* Rustic

You could also have some themed on photo techniques like
"Rule of thirds"
"On the Diagonal"
"Minimalistic"
"Macro"
"Panning"
"Black and White"
Or even things like the various colours
"red"

I got a hundred more themes but that should be some food for thought.

Bring it on.

Perhaps others could post possible themes and someone could chose one from the list and someone make a new thread with the theme for the month.
Im a slacker otherwise id lend a hand.

Perhaps Xrayeddy or Fester might like to do it??

Heres a few random pics of mine~

Old 09-29-2010, 10:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by NitoriousRC View Post
I have entered a lot of photo comps, and photoshop comps mainly at www.worth1000.com where im still in the top 50 even thou i haven't entered for three years or so.

ANyway i reckon it would be good to have a set theme, over a set time otherwise it just becomes a look at my cool pic thread.

It would be possible to have some themes that could include whatever rc vehicle you like.... or even a few that arent rc related.

Heres some rc related ones from off the top of my head.

*Action
*Night time
*Airborne (could be a car, boat plane ect)
*Looking Real (where its posed to look more realistic somehow.. maybe a photoshop comp).
*Straight Ahead
*Smoking
* Rustic
Nice pictures, but you're kind of off topic with them. In my opinion, a contest should be held just for stricly r/c shots be it a static or dynamic shot. Then if it's a hit, break it down monthly to a specific theme, but really the first contest should be completely open
Old 09-30-2010, 10:32 AM
Tech Regular

I see what NitoriousRC is saying...the contest I run has simuliar ideas.as far at the techniques go...I dont really do those except black and white ans sepha

If no one has a problem, I can set up a contest and we'll do the judging ina round robin way.lmk..we can start with a October contest!
Old 09-30-2010, 11:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fester View Post
If no one has a problem, I can set up a contest and we'll do the judging ina round robin way.lmk..we can start with a October contest!
Sounds good to me!
Old 09-30-2010, 02:43 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by gene1219 View Post
Nice pictures, but you're kind of off topic with them. In my opinion, a contest should be held just for stricly r/c shots be it a static or dynamic shot. Then if it's a hit, break it down monthly to a specific theme, but really the first contest should be completely open
I realise the pics are off theme, it was kinda my point about people just posting anything if there is no theme or structure. That said i agree an open theme for the first one could be good.

Id say go for it Fester, I'd like to hear from XrayEddy on it too since he gave birth to the comp idea.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I (LD3Furious) am familiar with Fester's comp held on another forum. He has a good thing going there I often put up a couple pics there, and would also keep an eye on this thread and post up pics pending knowledge of theme
Old 09-30-2010, 10:32 PM
Tech Regular

cool! let's see how it works out.I will make a new thread with the contest!

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service