R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   R/C Items: Wanted to Buy (https://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-items-wanted-buy-17/)
-   -   2 pole brushless motor (https://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-items-wanted-buy/891969-2-pole-brushless-motor.html)

corvetteii 09-09-2015 07:44 PM

2 pole brushless motor

Looking for a well used 2-pole non-sensored brushless motor. I only need this to test an older Traxxas VXL-3S ESC that only works well with 2-poles. I can't spend much, I just need it for testing before I sell the ESC to confirm the ESC works well!

Shoot, I would pay shipping and a fee to get a 2-pole motor on "loan" to confirm my ESC works then I could send the motor back lol.

Thanks!
Adam

hotrod87 09-09-2015 09:00 PM

I have one. Problem is its in my wraith. I could sell you my wraith but I want a lot because I dont want to sell it. Lol or if ya want to. Send me the esc I'll test it on video and send it back to you with a video posted on youtube of whether it works or not.

corvetteii 09-10-2015 04:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by hotrod87 (Post 14177412)
I have one. Problem is its in my wraith. I could sell you my wraith but I want a lot because I dont want to sell it. Lol or if ya want to. Send me the esc I'll test it on video and send it back to you with a video posted on youtube of whether it works or not.

Hey that might work! It is sensorless right? I tried a sensored motor with the ESC and it doesnt like it either.

Also, would this help me establish a trader rating? Attached is a pic of the esc.

hotrod87 09-10-2015 04:43 AM

Yes I have a non sensored motor. Not sure about trader rating but I don't think so.

corvetteii 09-10-2015 12:32 PM

Hey, while I appreciate your offer, I think I'll try to pick up a 2 pole motor and test that way. Thanks again!

Cain 09-10-2015 01:19 PM

most sensored motors can be ran sensorless too. I haven't really heard of one that can't, not saying there isn't some there, but I haven't seen that.

The big thing I saw with sensorless that you may want to keep in mind is that a low turn motor works better than say a stock motor if going by those ratings. Those seem to cog more with a sensorless setup.

flou 09-10-2015 06:15 PM

Check out tacon motors. Hobbypartz has them cheap.around 30 bucks new. Almost all tacon nonsensored motors are 2 pole. They'll have a motor closer to the velineon 2 pole

hotrod87 09-10-2015 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by corvetteii (Post 14178172)
Hey, while I appreciate your offer, I think I'll try to pick up a 2 pole motor and test that way. Thanks again!

No problem. If you change your mind let me know.

corvetteii 09-10-2015 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by flou (Post 14178592)
Check out tacon motors. Hobbypartz has them cheap.around 30 bucks new. Almost all tacon nonsensored motors are 2 pole. They'll have a motor closer to the velineon 2 pole

That's good to know, I'll check them out. Thanks guys!