Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > R/C Items: Wanted to Buy
Does anybody even look at this section of the forums? >

Does anybody even look at this section of the forums?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does anybody even look at this section of the forums?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 08:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Does anybody even look at this section of the forums?

Says 7 users browsing wanted and 250 users browsing for sale. I accidentally made my first wanted ad in the for sale forum and had responses immediately.
Old 06-24-2014, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 131 (100%+)

I look at both every day and last week when i wanted a mamba max pro i posted in here and got 5 or so people offering in a day. I think it's more the fact that this section doesn't get a lot of posts (1 page a day) compared to the other (like 10 pages a day).

Anyway, i'm not sure what forum rules say about posting a "discussion" thread in the sale/wanted area. That is all i have to say
Old 06-24-2014, 11:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (94%+)

I go through all posts here everyday and get responses here to my want adds pretty quick just some have the forsale section as their home page so its usually up
Old 06-24-2014, 12:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Mods are known to issue infractions to users who post wanted ads in the for sale section. So even if you had success before, I would not advise doing it again. Asking for specific used parts for a discontinued rc model usually won't get an instant response, so give it more than 10 hours before you start getting impatient. Bump your thread every day until someone comes through with a pile of TC4 parts like you're looking for. Read the rules about using the for sale/wanted sections of this forum before you break more rules and earn yourslf infractions and eventual suspension of your account.

And don't forget to look on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Team-Associa...item2ed2e2c220
Old 06-24-2014, 12:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

How hard is it to use the search feature while cruising about the FS thread? Just sayin'.

Bump your thread daily if you need to. Eventually a hit will come in.
Old 06-24-2014, 03:43 PM

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by matt_is_superco
Mods are known to issue infractions to users who post wanted ads in the for sale section. So even if you had success before, I would not advise doing it again. Asking for specific used parts for a discontinued rc model usually won't get an instant response, so give it more than 10 hours before you start getting impatient. Bump your thread every day until someone comes through with a pile of TC4 parts like you're looking for. Read the rules about using the for sale/wanted sections of this forum before you break more rules and earn yourslf infractions and eventual suspension of your account.
Yes.
Old 06-24-2014, 03:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Matt and WYLD: Yes, I realized that I posted in the wrong forum originally.
Old 06-24-2014, 03:54 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 1210 (100%+)

well its been a known issue that TROLLS and lowballers frequently post in the wanted section. If you post in the WTB section it helps if you post exactly what you want and the price range you are looking to pay as most will not respond due to the above. Usually it is already in the FS section and the price(s) are not in range. Not posting price range only wastes the sellers and your time. I respond to wanted ads all the time and I would say less than 10% actually buy and 90% lowball back. If you are posting in the WTB section you are looking to buy as that means:

A. Its not in the FS section thus economics of supply and demand apply
B. Its in the FS section and didn't bother to look thus the price of not looking applies
Old 06-24-2014, 03:55 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by 6stringslider
Matt and WYLD: Yes, I realized that I posted in the wrong forum originally.
You might want to have said: yes after posting I realized I posted in the wrong section. It happens, we understand and have all done it, but your statement could be taken other ways... And just so you know you can report your own post for being posted in the incorrect forum.

Last edited by bigwavedave33; 06-24-2014 at 04:38 PM.
Old 06-24-2014, 03:59 PM
Tech Initiate

I.E. My ORIGINAL post was made in the wrong forum by accident! This forum sure is hostile. Think I'll stay with rcgroups.
Old 06-24-2014, 04:35 PM
Tech Legend

I stand corrected, but you might want to reword your statement Not trying to be hostile, but trying to be helpful.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I always look through here for new posts. But I feel not many people are actively looking at it because there is only 1 page of posts per day. Its very quick to look over the titles and see if you have what they are looking for, hence not many people constantly looking. And what has been said above is true. Its rare to actually sell something through a WTB thread, but it does happen. For instance I had one cell in a saddle pack go bad, and someone posted in the WTB thread with the same problem. I just so happened to have the exact same pack, so it was an easy sale! Granted since it was a unique item he had to bump the thread a couple times, but it worked. If I had listed it in the forsale section I would still have the pack, as it would get swamped, even with 5 pages of bumps. Patience is key.
Old 06-25-2014, 12:43 AM
n8b
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 126 (100%+)

I've made plenty of sales on the wtb section. Just don't expect top dollar, and make sure your stuff is clean and have decent pics. It looks like your pawning off junk if it's dirty and you are approaching someone to buy it. If they don't offer a fair price then post your stuff in the for sale section. Often all you need to do is send a link to your for sale add. The search function is way under used...