Rc's for needy kids!!!

Old 10-09-2013, 07:21 PM
  #1  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (38)
 
Mperdue77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 765
Trader Rating: 38 (95%+)
Default Rc's for needy kids!!!

Gonna give this a shot as I see Rcaddiction is trying. I have a few kids in my neighborhood that consistently watch and ask to drive my Rc's. Well I am going to do my best to help them, as we all know this hobby can be expensive and I have to not only buy my Rc's but I have to buy my 2 daughter's Rc's as well....lol only way daddy can spend time with them. Anyway this hobby has created many memories for me and I wish to do the same. Let me know if there is anything you can do to help. I am mainly trying to help needy kids in my neighborhood at the moment and anything will do.However I do want to see how far I can take this movement. Duratrax, traxxas, anything that moves will make them happy! Let me know what you have and what your asking price is. I am not rich, just trying to help some young children get into and enjoy this awesome hobby! Thanks!

Last edited by Mperdue77; 10-09-2013 at 07:42 PM.
Mperdue77 is offline  
Old 10-09-2013, 07:32 PM
  #2  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (38)
 
Mperdue77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 765
Trader Rating: 38 (95%+)
Default

Heres a photo of some of my collection. I was just touched by another post and thought what a great way to help out in my community. Small or large any difference is a big difference!Attachment 1120802

Last edited by Mperdue77; 11-05-2013 at 01:26 PM.
Mperdue77 is offline  
Old 10-09-2013, 07:35 PM
  #3  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (38)
 
Mperdue77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 765
Trader Rating: 38 (95%+)
Default

More pics.I have also added to the fleet dont have those pics yet
Attachment 1120807

Last edited by Mperdue77; 11-05-2013 at 01:26 PM.
Mperdue77 is offline  
Old 10-09-2013, 07:39 PM
  #4  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (38)
 
Mperdue77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 765
Trader Rating: 38 (95%+)
Default

more pics and yes I will be donating some of my cars as well! Curious to see how far this can go!!
[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]Attachment 1120816[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Last edited by Mperdue77; 11-05-2013 at 01:26 PM.
Mperdue77 is offline  
Old 10-10-2013, 05:49 AM
  #5  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (41)
 
phippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Farmington, MN
Posts: 498
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Rtr slash 2.4g 2wd. Add batteries and go $165 shipped.
phippy is offline  
Old 10-10-2013, 12:21 PM
  #6  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (38)
 
Mperdue77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 765
Trader Rating: 38 (95%+)
Default

Originally Posted by phippy View Post
Rtr slash 2.4g 2wd. Add batteries and go $165 shipped.
I appreciate the offer, however I am funding this out of my own pocket for neighborhood kids. I need to start off cheap. Dont need anything fancy....Thank you
Mperdue77 is offline  
Old 10-10-2013, 01:31 PM
  #7  
Tech Legend
iTrader: (274)
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 32,873
Trader Rating: 274 (100%+)
Default

there are some pretty cheap vehicles in the 1/18 scale range out there right now. If you go through tower hobbies, depending on the amount you buy you can get a variety of them discounted significantly.

For example here are some options, onroad and offroad on the cheap and brand new:

Thunder Tiger 1/10 TS2e EP 2WD 2.4GHz RTR $109.95
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCULA&P=0


Atomik 1/18 B.Deegan Metal Mulisha Ford Fiesta RTR $99.99
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDLMY&P=0

1/18 SC4.18 Stadium Truck 4WD 2.4GHz RTR $99.99 (this is new, got it in the flyer)
http://www.towerhobbies.com/products...idc0041_e.html


Lets assume you want to equip a total of say 5 people, towers current discounts for members ($10 to join) are:

$100 $15 011TA
$125 $20 011TB
$150 $25 011TC
$200 $30 011TD
$225 $35 011TE
$250 $40 011TF
$300 $50 011TG
$400 $65 011TH
$500 $75 011TJ
$600 $90 011TK
so at 5 vehicles, this works out to:

- Thunder tiger package: $95 a vehicle shipped
- Either 1/18 vehicle: $85 a vehicle shipped (add 10 cents item to get to limit)

This would keep the vehicles consistent, making it easier for you to maintain and everyone can join in on the fun at the same level.

Benefits of the sedans you could almost do a spec racing class with the kids in a parking lot.

For the 1/18, same thing, smaller so more room to run and for them to work on if you choose, and they come with batteries and I think a charger too.

funny thing, from what I recall the save $50 on $300 is the best percentage savings wise. about 16.7% off
Cain is offline  
Old 10-10-2013, 03:22 PM
  #8  
Tech Initiate
iTrader: (4)
 
zjguy721's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 26
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I've got quite a few old 2 ch radios I'd let you have for pretty much shipping. Mostly AM, but for what you're looking to do, I'm sure they'd fit the bill.

If you're interested, PM me, and I'll round up what I have with the receivers and let you know whats there.
zjguy721 is offline  
Old 10-10-2013, 05:39 PM
  #9  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (38)
 
Mperdue77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 765
Trader Rating: 38 (95%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
there are some pretty cheap vehicles in the 1/18 scale range out there right now. If you go through tower hobbies, depending on the amount you buy you can get a variety of them discounted significantly.

For example here are some options, onroad and offroad on the cheap and brand new:

Thunder Tiger 1/10 TS2e EP 2WD 2.4GHz RTR $109.95
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCULA&P=0


Atomik 1/18 B.Deegan Metal Mulisha Ford Fiesta RTR $99.99
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDLMY&P=0

1/18 SC4.18 Stadium Truck 4WD 2.4GHz RTR $99.99 (this is new, got it in the flyer)
http://www.towerhobbies.com/products...idc0041_e.html


Lets assume you want to equip a total of say 5 people, towers current discounts for members ($10 to join) are:



so at 5 vehicles, this works out to:

- Thunder tiger package: $95 a vehicle shipped
- Either 1/18 vehicle: $85 a vehicle shipped (add 10 cents item to get to limit)

This would keep the vehicles consistent, making it easier for you to maintain and everyone can join in on the fun at the same level.

Benefits of the sedans you could almost do a spec racing class with the kids in a parking lot.

For the 1/18, same thing, smaller so more room to run and for them to work on if you choose, and they come with batteries and I think a charger too.

funny thing, from what I recall the save $50 on $300 is the best percentage savings wise. about 16.7% off
Thank you for the info I will look into that!!! I gotta get this thing rolling.
Mperdue77 is offline  
Old 10-10-2013, 05:40 PM
  #10  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (38)
 
Mperdue77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 765
Trader Rating: 38 (95%+)
Default

Originally Posted by zjguy721 View Post
I've got quite a few old 2 ch radios I'd let you have for pretty much shipping. Mostly AM, but for what you're looking to do, I'm sure they'd fit the bill.

If you're interested, PM me, and I'll round up what I have with the receivers and let you know whats there.
Thank you for the offer that is awesome! I am going to keep you on file as I have to get some cars together first. Thanks so much!!!!
Mperdue77 is offline  
Old 10-11-2013, 06:38 PM
  #11  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (38)
 
Mperdue77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 765
Trader Rating: 38 (95%+)
Default

Pm's replied..... Thanks have some great offers coming in!
Mperdue77 is offline  
Old 10-12-2013, 06:27 AM
  #12  
Tech Legend
iTrader: (274)
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 32,873
Trader Rating: 274 (100%+)
Default

thats great to hear. When you have it all going, please setup a thread and get some pics and vids of the action!
Cain is offline  
Old 10-12-2013, 02:23 PM
  #13  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (38)
 
Mperdue77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 765
Trader Rating: 38 (95%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
thats great to hear. When you have it all going, please setup a thread and get some pics and vids of the action!
Absolutely will do!!!!
Mperdue77 is offline  
Old 10-12-2013, 06:38 PM
  #14  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (38)
 
Mperdue77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 765
Trader Rating: 38 (95%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Mperdue77 View Post
Gonna give this a shot as I see Rcaddiction is trying. I have a few kids in my neighborhood that consistently watch and ask to drive my Rc's. Well I am going to do my best to help them, as we all know this hobby can be expensive and I have to not only buy my Rc's but I have to buy my 2 daughter's Rc's as well....lol only way daddy can spend time with them. Anyway this hobby has created many memories for me and I wish to do the same. Let me know if there is anything you can do to help. I am mainly trying to help needy kids in my neighborhood at the moment and anything will do.However I do want to see how far I can take this movement. Duratrax, traxxas, anything that moves will make them happy! Let me know what you have and what your asking price is. I am not rich, just trying to help some young children get into and enjoy this awesome hobby! Thanks!


Whoohoo got a t4.1 roller now I am looking for threaded shocks for this one...Let me know what you have ...Thanks
Mperdue77 is offline  
Old 10-13-2013, 07:13 AM
  #15  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (38)
 
Mperdue77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 765
Trader Rating: 38 (95%+)
Default

Morning bump
Mperdue77 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.