WTB: Cheap TX/RX

Old 07-15-2004, 06:23 PM
Tech Initiate

Default WTB: Cheap TX/RX

Hi, im looking for a cheap set of TX/RX with crystals set. I'll take anything as long as working and as cheap as possible. Please email me at [email protected] or pm me your offer. Thanks.
Old 07-15-2004, 08:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

am or fm 27mhz or 75mhz
Old 07-16-2004, 04:47 AM
Tech Addict

Super, you loading up on Txs/Rxs or what? LOL

Sounds like a new project, what you got cooking now?

^5
Old 07-16-2004, 10:41 AM
Tech Initiate

AM or FM, doesn't matter. The cheaper the better.

Hey Tom, no new project. I just wanted to make a few micro car in RTR condition so I can sell them faster. Im still trying to sell my nitro. I got my HPI Pro 3 set up with novak brushless and a bunch of hopups, I can't wait to run it but I can't find a place to run yet, do you know where I can get some pratice that's nearest to Garland?
Old 07-16-2004, 03:47 PM
Tech Addict

You have the indoor carpet track at Mike's in Carrolton. I may try to make this Sunday, but can't guarantee anything yet. May get the nitro out and finish breaking in the engine.

Mall or shopping center parking lots work on Sunday mornings, unless they open ealier than noon. Try schools or business parks as well. Tennis courts can work as well.

You can run foams or rubber tires on black-top [asphalt] and carpet, and suggest you run rubber tires on concrete, they tend to wear better than foams.

Selling your prized micro, huh? Never thought you would. Actually saw a teen run one at Mike's on Thursday; this thing flew. Made my "turltle" pace look silly, LOL. Thank God he didn't run it at the same time I had mine on the track.

Check Mike's out, I think they are trying to get a mod class going, and may let beginners in with brushless systems [mikeshobbyshop.com].

Good luck!
Tom G
+ the customery bump!
Old 07-16-2004, 08:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Cool, thanks for the tips and all. Actually, I'm not selling my 540 conversion micro, I have like 4 micros so Im trying to get rid of some then I can use some upgrade for my mini-t as it is completely stock right now, im thinking of making it brushless as well. I love brushless, super fast and maintenence free.
Old 07-17-2004, 02:06 AM
Tech Addict

Micros look fun, but there aren't many regularly organized races for them. No incentive to really get better, faster or tougher.

'Sides, I have enough of a problem working on 1/10 sized stuff. 1/18 would be trying [my patience].

Given any extra $$$, I may pick up an M18 by Xray, just to have a micro for that spur of the moment event or plian bashing around the neighborhood.

Check out Mike's on Saturdays, they are running off road and on road classses on the same day [noon start time with a 6-ish finishing time].

Good luck.
Old 07-18-2004, 03:26 PM
Tech Adept

TQ traxxas radio