Wiki Posts
Search

Losi XX4 Graphite Chassis - Pan Style - NOT machined

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 01:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Losi XX4 Graphite Chassis - Pan Style - NOT machined

Looking to see if anyone has a new one they want to sell....or if they have a used one in good shape laying around.....

let me know

i will also take most any other part for the XX4.....

What do you have??>?????
Old 09-24-2009, 03:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)

You want this one?

http://s92437987.onlinehome.us/ebayp...lotted-top.jpg
http://s92437987.onlinehome.us/ebayp...lotted-bot.jpg

$45 shipped.

I've also got some XX4 aluminum fron CVDs (regular ones) and a set of front BK Bones (first pair is sold - page down to look at second pair):
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-4-xx-4-a.html
Old 09-24-2009, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ta_man
You want this one?

http://s92437987.onlinehome.us/ebayp...lotted-top.jpg
http://s92437987.onlinehome.us/ebayp...lotted-bot.jpg

$45 shipped.

I've also got some XX4 aluminum fron CVDs (regular ones) and a set of front BK Bones (first pair is sold - page down to look at second pair):
if the chassis has no cracks or breaks and is in like new condition I will take it for $40 shipped. Can't see cracks or breaks in the pics.

I'm cool on the cvd's I found em new for 19 shipped. And 7 for the bk bearings. I might have to get a set of the machined outdrives though. $25 shipped with chassis?
Old 09-25-2009, 08:50 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Pimpin
if the chassis has no cracks or breaks and is in like new condition I will take it for $40 shipped. Can't see cracks or breaks in the pics.

I'm cool on the cvd's I found em new for 19 shipped. And 7 for the bk bearings. I might have to get a set of the machined outdrives though. $25 shipped with chassis?
The chassis has no cracks or breaks and all the threaded holes are a tight fit on the screws. You can see from the pics that it has no wear. I won't claim it to be "Like New" since it has obviously been used, otherwise the screw holes wouldn't be threaded. It has a slot about 1/32" deep by one of the front inserts on the bottom (can't figure out why - I can get you a closeup if interested).

I'll do the outdrives alone for $25 more with the chassis. Just so there is no confusion, the outdrives I will mill are the plastic ones (as stated in the BK Bones listing).

If you plan to make your own BK Bones you should be aware that you have to narrow the end of the bone where the bearings fit on from .300 to .240 (take .030 off each side) in order for the bearings to mate properly and fully with the outdrive. To do that you will probably need to remove the drive pin, mill (best) or file (ugh!) each side down and re-install the drive pin.

I'll sell the chassis for the $40 shipped if you do also buy a set of milled outdrives with it. Otherwise I want $45 shipped.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:20 PM
Tech Elite

How about 85 for the used cvd's, chassis, and outdrives?
Old 09-25-2009, 01:51 PM
Tech Champion

How about 85 for the used cvd's, chassis, and outdrives?
I'd want 90 shipped for the used cvd's, chassis, and outdrives. I'll include an extra bone but you would need to get the bearing inner races off and replace the bearings to use it.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:57 AM
Tech Elite

[email protected]

that's my paypal
Old 09-26-2009, 08:51 PM
Tech Champion

[email protected]

that's my paypal
Money request has been sent.

It'll take a couple days for me to get time to machine the outdrives so the stuff will not ship immediately.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:54 AM
Tech Elite

i am still looking for graphite pan chassis in New or Like New condition!

or any other cool hop ups you have for the xx4
Old 10-07-2009, 12:23 PM
Tech Champion

i am still looking for graphite pan chassis in New or Like New condition!

or any other cool hop ups you have for the xx4
The one you are getting from me will be on the way shortly. I didn't get to machine the outdrives yet - I will tomorrow.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:02 AM
Tech Elite

Oh man what a bummer. U said it was going out by last Saturday so I planned racing around that.......
Old 10-08-2009, 01:27 PM
Tech Elite

I know its a long shot but does ANYONE local to me have this chassis???

i NEED to have it tomorrow because of the JBRL race this weekend!!!!

im screwed if i dont get a chassis!!!!!

PLEASE HELP!!!!
Old 10-13-2009, 08:46 PM
Tech Champion

So I sent the stuff to Matt (albiet later than I said I would because of some work issues) and today I get a message claiming the chassis is broken, the CVDs are worn and the outdrives don't fit. I am posting that PM and my reply here so this information is in a public forum in case further discussion ensues. Basically I said I'll give a full refund if items are returned in the condition they were sent. I have removed my return address from the PM text I sent to Matt. BTW, pics of the CVDs are in this thread:

I received your payment and will machine the outdrives later this week. The stuff should be in the mail by Friday or Saturday.

Thanks, Mark
thank you.

You are also drilling the extra holes in the cvd's correct?
Hadn't planned on it, since you didn't pay the additional $10/set.

hi,

got the package today and have a couple questions and a problem.

are the bearings supposed to be this loose in the outdrives? seems like they have way too much slop.

also the cvd holes are pretty worn out and in my opinion are pretty much toast. but ill just put the bearings on some new cvd's, no biggie.

now the big problem. this chassis is broken and is not in like new condition. the front hole that the metal sleeve sits into is stripped out. i cannot use this like that. seems like there is also a dremel slot that was cut into the underneath of it and into the sleeve too.

I would like to return this chassis for my money back.

Let me know how you want to do this. i also shouldnt be responsible for any shipping charges since you had failed to let me know of this small problem when i asked its condition and you said it was perfect condition.

Thanks

Matt
Send everything back and I will give you a full refund.

You said in your message:

now the big problem. this chassis is broken and is not in like new condition. the front hole that the metal sleeve sits into is stripped out.
You asked, and I specifically DID NOT say or claim it was in "like new" condition. Check post number 4 in this thread:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-machined.html

It has not been edited since it was posted on September 25th. In that post I stated:

I won't claim it to be "Like New" since it has obviously been used

That same post includes the comment about the Dremel cut in the chassis. I offered you a pic ("I can get you a closeup if interested") and you did not ask for it.

The front hole that that metal sleve fits in does not have any threads to begin with so it cannot be "stripped out." The hex on both sides is visible in the picture. I zoomed that image 400% in Paint and have uploaded the result here to show the hexes that line up the inserts:

I do not think there is anything wrong with any of the stuff I sent you. I figure you just found another chassis and decided you don't need this one and want to get me to pay to ship it back now that you no longer need it.

I am not going to do a partial return.

The CVDs were noted as used and the pic, which is unchanged does not show the pin holes to be enlarged. As far as I am concerned everyhing was as represented so if one item is unsatisfactory they all are. There is nothing wrong with the outdrives - they fit in the bearings exactly as Losi designed them to fit in the bearings. All I did was machine them for the BK Bones.

Send everything back in the condition it was sent to you. I checked every screw hole in that chassis before I sent it. I know they were all good. They should still be good when I receive it back or they got stripped after it left me. The chassis was not cracked or broken when it was mailed so it should not come back cracked or broken. Make sure the inserts included with the chassis are still in place. Do not remove the bearings from the bones. I know exactly how much wear was on the bones as I have the photo for reference. Do not forget to return the extra bone. Send everything back exactly as it was sent to you.

My address is:

Mark Stern
<<--address removed-->>
<<--address removed-->>

One more time, just so I am clear: No partial refund. Send everything back exactly as it was sent to you for a full refund. Any damage or alterations and you bought it even if you no longer have it. I will check every screw hole and examine the chassis closely for any damage since there was none when I sent it.

Thanks, Mark
Old 10-13-2009, 11:26 PM
Tech Elite

Yes thanks.

As everyone can read I had a couple questions and a problem. All I wanted to do was send back the faulty items i received. Now I get blow up on because I know right from wrong.

Awesome!
Old 10-14-2009, 11:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

If you are looking for parts in general for the XX4, check out this post. Might have something you are looking for.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...s-new-bag.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.