Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > R/C Items: Wanted to Buy
ProtoFORM F1 13/14 Body for Exotek F1R3 >

ProtoFORM F1 13/14 Body for Exotek F1R3

ProtoFORM F1 13/14 Body for Exotek F1R3

Old 03-15-2021, 07:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default ProtoFORM F1 13/14 Body for Exotek F1R3

As the title states or any F1 body that will work for the F1R3 I believe Xray also should work?

Ideally would like to replicate an F1 from the 90's as I have a Ferrari sticker sheet of Alesi/berger theme

Thanks
Old 03-17-2021, 07:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

up
Old 03-19-2021, 02:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Old 03-19-2021, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

The Protoform Fourteen body has a chopped nose. The Fifteen is a high nose. If you're looking for a body like the Berger/Alesi Ferraris, I think you may want a low nose body. Montech, Bittydesign, Tamiya, etc would (in my opinion) give you something that appears more like that than the Protoform Fourteen.
Old 03-19-2021, 03:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

If the Protoform Thirteen body is ok, then I would suggest the Tamiya Ferrari F60. This one comes with correct wings AND decals. Would be a good one for the "restomod" look.
http://store.f1rclab.com/rc-body-set-ferrari-f60/

I know the the PF Fourteen is out of production. I expect that the Thirteen is as well.
Old 03-20-2021, 01:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by NutDriver View Post
The Protoform Fourteen body has a chopped nose. The Fifteen is a high nose. If you're looking for a body like the Berger/Alesi Ferraris, I think you may want a low nose body. Montech, Bittydesign, Tamiya, etc would (in my opinion) give you something that appears more like that than the Protoform Fourteen.
Thanks for that info, I am new to F1 RC but not new to F! =).... yeah I was trying to get as close as possible to the body style but that will fit the F1R3.. dont know if others are making the older style bodies. So is it safe to say that those brands mentioned above work or are made to fit the F1R3?

Originally Posted by NutDriver View Post
If the Protoform Thirteen body is ok, then I would suggest the Tamiya Ferrari F60. This one comes with correct wings AND decals. Would be a good one for the "restomod" look.
http://store.f1rclab.com/rc-body-set-ferrari-f60/
I know the the PF Fourteen is out of production. I expect that the Thirteen is as well.
Yes they are discontinued, I would still buy it to have something to run with the nostalgic look and then hold off on the Ferrari theme until I get one more period correct if they're out there.
Cool thanks!