Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > R/C Items: For Sale/Trade
Should ads require a picture. >

Should ads require a picture.

Like Tree41Likes

Should ads require a picture.

Old 01-15-2020, 11:06 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Yes, yes, 1,000 times YES! If there's no picture, I'm done with that ad. I immediately move on!
sn47som1 likes this.
Old 01-17-2020, 04:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MailManX View Post
Yes, yes, 1,000 times YES! If there's no picture, I'm done with that ad. I immediately move on!
I 100% agree. So many ads say “text for picture” and all I can think of is how lazy those individuals are. If you’re making the effort to sell something, why force potential buyers to track you down? What I’ve noticed is 8/10 times, whatever they’re selling is overpriced and in bad condition. I can’t speak for others but I take pride in getting really nice pictures of stuff I’m going to sell and make sure as a buyer you’re 100% sure what you’re getting (selling here, eBay for almost 20 years etc).

I wish it was a requirement to have at least one good photo on a listing.
da4design likes this.
Old 01-17-2020, 08:53 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I think people don't understand that it's not that people don't know what the item looks like but they want to see the condition of the product. Especially items that are used. Your definition of lightly-used might mean differently than my definition so a pic would work best to illustrate the condition. I think mods should remove posts that have no pics withing 24-hours of post going up.
Old 02-18-2020, 08:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Bad pictures are worse than no pictures IMO. If you have a race machine and take a photo 4 feet away you might as well not post a picture at all. I'd rather see how the hubs and outdrives look compared to a generic picture of the car. That'll tell me a lot more about the car's condition than anything.
Old 03-05-2020, 12:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hotrod87 View Post
I know this has been done at least two other times I've found. Maybe the third times the charm. Easy question. Should an ad require pictures of the item for sale or for trade ? I most definitely think so.

What is your opinion.
mj
Old 03-10-2020, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

Absolutely it shouldn't even be a question. It's just the nature of online commerce.
Old 05-06-2020, 03:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Maybe you are all unaware that you have to meet certain requirements before RCT will allow you to post pictures. Even if you pay for an "ELITE" membership just so you can sell some stuff. Pictures should be available to everyone that pays. Very frustrating to get your ad completely done, pics uploaded and then get an error message that you haven't made enough posts. I have purchased over $700 worth of items from the website paid my "Elite" membership fee and still can't post a pic on my for sale ads.

Last edited by amhobby; 05-10-2020 at 06:23 AM.
Old 05-06-2020, 03:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Trying to get enough posts so I can ad pics.

Last edited by amhobby; 05-10-2020 at 06:22 AM.
Old 05-10-2020, 05:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by amhobby View Post
Maybe you are all unaware that you have to meet certain requirements before RCT will allow you to post pictures. Even if you pay for an "ELITE" membership just so you can sell some stuff. Pictures should be available to everyone that pays. Very frustrating to get your ad completely done, pics uploaded and then get an error message that you haven't made enough posts. I have purchased over $700 worth of items from the website paid my "Elite" membership fee and still can't post a pic on my for sale ads.
I personally like the post limitation for pictures, access to the classifieds should also be restricted to users without x amount of posts or being on the forum for x amount of time I also do not believe there should be a way to buy into being in the classified section. If you want to sell stuff on a forum I personally believe you should contribute to the forum as well. Just my 2 cents.

If all you want to do is sell stuff there are so many groups on Facebook and there is always Craigslist or eBay.
Old 08-07-2020, 05:06 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

All in all, I think having pics is better for all parties involved. As I've stated before, those who have money burning their pockets might not know they wanted what you're listing until they see it because maybe they didn't know what it's called. I mean, seriously. How many times have we went to the hobby shop only to look at products on the shelves and go, oooooo I think I want that. But without pics you're just staring at a wall of text.