Like Tree37Likes

Should ads require a picture.

Reply

Old 04-24-2017, 07:57 PM
  #151  
Tech Lord
Thread Starter
iTrader: (252)
 
hotrod87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Kalispell Mt
Posts: 11,090
Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)
Default

[QUOTE=racingnewb;14908082]A how to post pictures thread would be sweet. I am not a computer person and don't really see myself getting much better at it. But step by step instructions would be very helpful.[/QUOTE

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...es-rctech.html
hotrod87 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 04:47 PM
  #152  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
GundamWZero's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Ft. Bliss, Texas
Posts: 4,718
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Today is my 50th Birthday. Came looking for a on-road car to indulge in my favorite past time... there were no pics.

I keeps moving.
GundamWZero is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 11:34 AM
  #153  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Portland
Posts: 71
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Every forum tends to develop its own culture. This one is full of lazy sellers.

"text me for details"
"send me a PM for pictures"
"more than I can list"

Having a moderator delete these posts would improve things dramatically.
ceh329 likes this.
Jeff_S is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 11:37 AM
  #154  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (249)
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,380
Trader Rating: 249 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jeff_S View Post
Every forum tends to develop its own culture. This one is full of lazy sellers.

"text me for details"
"send me a PM for pictures"
"more than I can list"

Having a moderator delete these posts would improve things dramatically.
Improve things for who? Lol
berwicknitro is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 07:28 PM
  #155  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
slick2500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Rapid City SD
Posts: 970
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

To add to this, limit people to 1 for sale thread, there is absolutely absolutely no reason to make 10 threads for 10 different items especially when you are selling everything at the same time. We would need the ability to change the title of our own threads, the last forum software that I dealt with 14 years ago had this feature, and I have been on a few forums that allowed this without any issues. Also there needs to be 2 separate for sale sections, one for full vehicles and one for parts. This forum sees enough traffic that it is desperately needed, there are currently 7 pages of ads with posts from today.

Just my 2 cents Slick.

Last edited by slick2500; 02-11-2018 at 09:56 AM.
slick2500 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 10:39 AM
  #156  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Portland
Posts: 71
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by berwicknitro View Post
Improve things for who? Lol
for every single buyer on the site.

Maybe you could tell us why you do not post pictures of your items. You seem to realize that buyers are going to want them. How are you benefiting by not providing them upfront?
Jeff_S is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 10:42 AM
  #157  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Portland
Posts: 71
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by slick2500 View Post
To add to this, limit people to 1 for sale thread, there is absolutely absolutely no reason to make 10 threads for 10 different items especially when you are selling everything at the same time. We would need the ability to change the title of our own threads, the last forum software that I dealt with 14 years ago had this feature, and I have been on a few forums that allowed this without any issues. Also there needs to be 2 separate for sale sections, one for full vehicles and one for parts. This forum sees enough traffic that it is desperately needed, there are currently 7 pages of ads with posts from today.

Just my 2 cents Slick.
I understand the motivation.

The problem I have with this, however, is you get a bunch of threads titled "garage sale" and "bunch of stuff 4 sale". It makes it harder for buyers to browse for something. Makes it harder for buyers to use search to locate something.
Jeff_S is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:37 AM
  #158  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (205)
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 30,191
Trader Rating: 205 (100%+)
Default

Maybe just deleting the for sale forum all together will stop all the whinning and scamming
roadrashracing and 1/8 IC Fan like this.
Marcos.J is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 04:46 PM
  #159  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
slick2500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Rapid City SD
Posts: 970
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
Maybe just deleting the for sale forum all together will stop all the whining and scamming
You and I both know this would cause even more whining. People always have to find something to whine about sadly.
slick2500 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 07:00 PM
  #160  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (9)
 
MailManX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: San Diego
Posts: 157
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by slick2500 View Post
You and I both know this would cause even more whining. People always have to find something to whine about sadly.
YES, YES, YES, pictures should be required. I refuse to even look further if I see an ad without pictures. I don't get why some people are picture-challenged, especially since there is an instructional post on the topic.

Do people on this site really scam? I expect that on FleaBag, but not here. I've had nothing but good experiences here.

Last edited by MailManX; 10-12-2018 at 09:08 PM.
MailManX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 04:17 AM
  #161  
Tech Initiate
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 43
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Pics, location, and price in title should be required on all ads.
MrWesson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 02:43 PM
  #162  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 135
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

every car forum I've ever sold parts on, required photos with your screen name and date beside it
scott_0 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 07:05 AM
  #163  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (91)
 
1/8 IC Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North America & Europe
Posts: 4,899
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dbbs.decals View Post
yes, lol. but it sucks that you have to make ten posts to start posting pics. retarded.
or you can pay for membership! Which is more important sticking to the rules or posting up pics to sell stuff? Everyone pays their dues. Its to protect all members, not to mention ensures meaningful posts and contributions.
freaksofnature likes this.
1/8 IC Fan is offline  
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service