Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > R/C Items: For Sale/Trade
STOP POSTING IN YOUR THREAD JUST TO SAY "SOLD"!! >

STOP POSTING IN YOUR THREAD JUST TO SAY "SOLD"!!

Like Tree15Likes

STOP POSTING IN YOUR THREAD JUST TO SAY "SOLD"!!

Old 12-01-2017, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by konasubs
Thats one way to look at it Andy. My thought is that we have this awesome marketplace to sell our RC's and if I am the seller, I feel its my responsibility to leave FB as part of using this free service. I don't always get it back. You and I obviously have used the buy/sell section a LOT over the years so we don't need the BOOST in rating. You are one of the good guys, and I value your opinion. I just thought I would humbly throw in my 2 cents. If we always waited for others to do the right thing, not a lot would get done....lol....Happy Holidays everyone....
I don't think the seller should post feedback until after the buyer does. The buyer receiving the product and saying everything is ok is part of the buyer's transaction, and it isn't finished until he/she posts feedback in my opinion. I know that I will not leave feedback as a seller until the buyer does. And I will leave feedback as a buyer every time.
Old 02-01-2018, 09:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ok, I am new here but doing the forum thing for decades (back when they were still bulletin boards if any of you are old enough)

Why cant the poster have simple moderator rights to delete and lock their own posts like pretty much every other forum in the world. I hate having to open a ton of posts if I search for an item and read "sold" somewhere in the thead.

If the item is sold, there is no point for the thread.. let the seller delete it.

The last forum I ran, the mods can set how far back they can see deleted threads is there is a conflict.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Personally I like being able to go back and review purchases, when there is issues or to make sure you get what you were supposed to get. I'm sure there is more reasons to keep old threads, and not to have a few thousand people mucking about with the forum.

I once bought a truggy and what I got didn't exactly match the pictures from the for sale thread, few items were substituted and packaging was horrible. It was the first purchase and I was so pissed that I forgot to leave feedback, guess I still could but seems a little late now.

Currently I have bought some items and the OP has gone and deleted one picture, but one item from that pic matches what the OP has up fore sale in his newest FS thread. It's handy to have the old threads sometimes.

And screen shots of everything just in case.
Old 02-02-2018, 04:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Then just let the seller lock the thread which will then flag it as no longer active. If you search for something and see a locked icon my it you would know it's gone. There is also no point in bringing back an old thread my posting "still avaivailible" for an item that was sold maybe months ago.
Old 02-02-2018, 04:38 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lamby66
Then just let the seller lock the thread which will then flag it as no longer active. If you search for something and see a locked icon my it you would know it's gone. There is also no point in bringing back an old thread my posting "still avaivailible" for an item that was sold maybe months ago.
members will never be able to lock the thread unless is done by a moderator.

maybe do this , if your item has 5 plus pages of just bumps , hmm maybe is not going to sell and maybe lower the price and make a new thread , who wants to go thru 5 pages of bumps.

another thing is very easy to go in the original post click on this thing called the "edit" button and i dont know im thinking to my self, maybe highlight "still available" or if you are feeling crazy you can use some of the tools available to you like the size of the font ,

possible do something like this "SOLD" or "STILL AVAILABLE"

hmm maybe just have a feature that once you post an item for sale its automatically looked no one can post on it like ebay if you want the item you hit buy it now, on ebay you dont reply to items
Old 02-02-2018, 04:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

On the other forum I go to members can delete there own threads in the for sale section, once my item sells I just delete the thread and there's no issues.
Old 02-02-2018, 05:26 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by olds45512
On the other forum I go to members can delete there own threads in the for sale section, once my item sells I just delete the thread and there's no issues.
too many scammers on here , that means i can post pictures from the internet screw you out of the cash then delete the items so there is no proof that i sold it, lol that will never happen on here
Old 02-02-2018, 07:00 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

The system works perfectly fine for the majority and as the mods have said it has safety features that protect and save it's members from thieves. This is probably the best RC forum going and for good reason.

Your other forum probably does not have enough mods or just not interested in the effort required to maintain a well oiled machine like RCtech.

If it ain't broke....
Old 02-02-2018, 08:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

No reason to bump a thread saying "SOLD". Edit the OP and it's a done deal. Saves all the bumping issues.
Old 02-02-2018, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andy Koback
No reason to bump a thread saying "SOLD". Edit the OP and it's a done deal. Saves all the bumping issues.
That's an outstanding idea! Where have I heard that before?
Old 02-02-2018, 10:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
That's an outstanding idea! Where have I heard that before?
From you???
Old 02-02-2018, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andy Koback
From you???
And that's the whole crazy point of why I created this thread. It's such a simple idea to understand IF people for ONE SECOND think about anything but themselves. Even if they think about themselves it's a stup..wait, not smart thing to do.

You're bringing attention to a thread, by bumping it to the top of the forum, for an item that is now SOLD. Why? Is there a reason to 'advertise' that you sold it? Good for you, want a cookie? On top of that, regardless how much editing you do, some clueless idiot buyer is going to send you a PM or post in our thread looking to buy whatever it was you were selling. As a seller wouldn't you just want your thread to die and go away if it's sold? I would.
Old 02-05-2018, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

SOLD!

I put that at top of EVERY thread and have never received a PM asking if it's "sold".

If I did? they would be on my ignore list cuz who da halibut would want to deal with those stup...not so intelligent people.
Old 02-06-2018, 11:21 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by J-milz
Why does it matter after the item was sold to see the price? So you can say "dam that was a good deal". Or "I wish....." It's Sold. Move on.
It helps establish the market value!
Old 02-06-2018, 08:27 PM
Tech Rookie

hum ive been in other forum and some when you put it sold it goes to a sold folder and when you search something you dont get all the sold one

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.