Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > R/C Items: For Sale/Trade
STOP POSTING IN YOUR THREAD JUST TO SAY "SOLD"!! >

STOP POSTING IN YOUR THREAD JUST TO SAY "SOLD"!!

Like Tree57Likes

STOP POSTING IN YOUR THREAD JUST TO SAY "SOLD"!!

Old 02-07-2018, 08:11 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tim Neja View Post
It helps establish the market value!
No it doesn't. BUYERS set the market value, not sellers.

I don't care what other people list or sell their stuff for, price wise. I look at what I'm selling and determine how much I'm willing to take to get it out of my house before it loses even more value.
Goof, RC Juice and Propchecku37 like this.
Old 02-17-2018, 03:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Can there be an expiration date for every thread concerning For sale? this will help remove clutter and old posts on the forums. Secondly Can there be stricter rules on the whole editing and SOLD posts ie one warning before revoking privilege of viewing and usage of the for sale section.
Just a suggestion/request.
Old 02-18-2018, 07:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
And that's the whole crazy point of why I created this thread. It's such a simple idea to understand IF people for ONE SECOND think about anything but themselves. Even if they think about themselves it's a stup..wait, not smart thing to do.

You're bringing attention to a thread, by bumping it to the top of the forum, for an item that is now SOLD. Why? Is there a reason to 'advertise' that you sold it? Good for you, want a cookie? On top of that, regardless how much editing you do, some clueless idiot buyer is going to send you a PM or post in our thread looking to buy whatever it was you were selling. As a seller wouldn't you just want your thread to die and go away if it's sold? I would.
On RCGroups the classified Forum default is set to sort by "thread start date",, not last post time,, This eliminated the bumping problem many forums have. you only see bumped ads if your personal setting are set that way

I have my bookmark that set that way so I don't have to scroll past a bunch of guy's year old thread that's been bumped 200 times

Now guys will start a new threads to get their item to the top,, but since that's more work it seems it's done much less often than just adding TTT to their ad

just a thought
Old 07-20-2018, 08:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

No it doesn't. BUYERS set the market value, not sellers.

I don't care what other people list or sell their stuff for, price wise. I look at what I'm selling and determine how much I'm willing to take to get it out of my house before it loses even more value.
I don't think he was eluding to the sellers establishing the market value. We see the posts subsequent to the original have TTT's with price reductions. Ultimately, it will sell at a certain threshold (like you said, dictated by the market), but that threshold will no longer be known if it's deleted. The buyers set that threshold just as you said.... within the "sold" threads as the other member stated. It hurts sellers more than it does buyers leaving the prices in their sold threads quite frankly.
Old 07-20-2018, 09:04 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

You're bringing attention to a thread, by bumping it to the top of the forum, for an item that is now SOLD. Why? Is there a reason to 'advertise' that you sold it? Good for you, want a cookie? On top of that, regardless how much editing you do, some clueless idiot buyer is going to send you a PM or post in our thread looking to buy whatever it was you were selling. As a seller wouldn't you just want your thread to die and go away if it's sold? I would.
And.... when a PayPal dispute comes up for "item not as described" and the seller needs to reference their thread (or the buyer) to prove their dispute, the threads will have been "edited" for the purposes of saying "sold" in the place of the original content. As such, PayPal will assume the thread has been tampered with and make their decision accordingly. Not keeping each post original can devastate a seller in a dispute (and yes, usually the seller as they have control over their for sale thread).

Now... I'm sure moderators and site administrators can pull the posts prior to edits made if need be, but that puts people in a pretty pickle depending heavily on the site moderators/administrators. Furthermore, it could be argued that the original post still has been tampered with perhaps on the part of a moderator in order to help their "buddy". It's an imperfect system for sure and the moderators do a good job on here, but the question was asked why people do it? Well.... this seems to be a good reason.

Just my $0.02.