Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Attention Personal Transponders!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 05:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Attention Personal Transponders!!!

I've been watching this forum for a few weeks now and can't believe what you guys will pay for used transponders. If you want a great deal on brand new personal transponders check out Phils hobbyshop in Indiana. They will sell you a brand spankin new one for $73.99. I think even less for quantities. Here's the link....
www.philshobbyshop.com

Good luck and lets hope we get the price of used pieces where they belong.

Ron
Old 11-29-2005, 05:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I can't seem to find any on their website. Do you have a link to the actual product?
Old 11-29-2005, 05:23 PM
Tech Regular

I just sent the link so people could call or email them. I don't think they're advertised on the website. If you call ask for Steve. That's who quoted me the price.

Ron
Old 11-29-2005, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ron_J
I've been watching this forum for a few weeks now and can't believe what you guys will pay for used transponders. If you want a great deal on brand new personal transponders check out Phils hobbyshop in Indiana. They will sell you a brand spankin new one for $73.99. I think even less for quantities. Here's the link....
www.philshobbyshop.com

Good luck and lets hope we get the price of used pieces where they belong.

Ron
Here's the Problem RON.
This Phil's hobbyshop has OLD stock of AMB transponders.No big deal due to them not getting old but he purchased however many when they were priced low from AMB.If you had a lil more experience or knowledge of the hobby this is why they sell for what they do used.(Not a knock in anyway.Just explaining).
AMB released these at dealer price of like $45.00-52.00 depending on quanity if I remeber the 1st price sheet.
Not sure if it was them knowing they had a monopoly,cost of making the product or what but DEALERS COST On them NOW is over $80.00 at the current time.Even at Quanity they dont go under that much.
Thats not even shipped price.
This Ron is why you are seeing the prices you are seeing on used transponders.New Transponders are $89.99-100.00 depending on where purchased.
We appreciate the note of this store.People will see how many he has left.After this he will pay $80.00+ for them himself.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:44 PM
Tech Regular

Okay then... How about Larry's performance rc in Michigan? $83.00 and the stock is new. I may not have the most experiance in hobby stuff, but I know how to shop. I still think the used prices are way high. Just trying to help.

Ron
Old 11-29-2005, 06:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Ron - I appreciate the post, keep em coming.

TexRacer - shame on you
Old 11-29-2005, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Everythingsale-Why shame on me when Im simply saying that unless you happen to fall upon a CERTAIN shop with OLD stock that they are $90.00+ 95% of the time.
$90.00 plus tax,then shipping is over $100.00.
If you live local it's a good deal.
So $83.00 is stil a good price but what if you dont live local???
Will the shop even SHIP?If so how much?Do I have to pay taxes????

See what I mean.
Ron is a good guy and we are all deal shoppers.Im just saying dont knock the price of the single most HIGH demanded product on the market if you dont know why or dont list all the info on what it takes to get this $83.00 transponder.After the store slaps taxes and shipping on it thats $90.00-100.00 for all of us NOT local to that shop.
Understand Yet?

Regards,
Les

P.S.If it sounds to good to be true it IS.There's always a catch and NOTHINGS free.
P.S.S.I help more people per day with this hobby than you could EVER imagine and I love any post that has Merit.Well a deal is a deal but it doesnt come out to be such a deal with shipping and taxes now does it???????NOPE.
But hey I love the post for locals to those shops.
I dont have this many post and killer feedback for nothing.Lots of great people in this hobby.Im just one of a few
Old 11-29-2005, 07:09 PM
Tech Adept

$88 free shipping... AMB direct. Thats where I got both of mine.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

76 if you buy 10....
Old 11-29-2005, 07:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

bottom line AMB suck why pay that much for something when you could be spending it on more important race items, how do you tell a kid or someone new to the hobby they have to spend 100.00 for a part to count their own laps. thanks for helping the hobby grow. the only good thing is they hold there value and sell quicker than free cake... thanks for the prices though...later.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Hey, it aint a cheap hobby to get into to start with!

Sure, the rookie class is fun and cheap, but as soon as you start getting better....you need pretty deep pockets to be competitive....
Old 11-29-2005, 07:51 PM

Question, if these are in such high demand, why are people selling them?
Question, why is it you can by a high dollar speed control for 1/2 it's original price, but personal transponder will cost you as much or more than new.
Here's the Problem RON.
Question, why are you hammering on a guy that just gave you a link for personal transponders at a great price. good grief.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TQRC
Question, why are you hammering on a guy that just gave you a link for personal transponders at a great price. good grief.
He was just showing that they are cheap because they are old versions. I didn't think he was hammering, and his post didn't really carry any negativity. He was just a little blunt in the way he said it. Good grief.
-Josh
Old 11-29-2005, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TQRC
Question, if these are in such high demand, why are people selling them?
Question, why is it you can by a high dollar speed control for 1/2 it's original price, but personal transponder will cost you as much or more than new.
You answered your own question
Old 11-29-2005, 08:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default AMB

When I was in Anaheim at the RCX I asked that very question. Why so much right at the AMB booth and they actualy told me the price was supposed to come down. I guess its like Gas these days just have to wait for the stock pile to change. I also found out that this is the low end stuff they make they really do this for Nascar and Military and all other racing. So heck im just happy it works and doesnt need rebuilding all the time. You gotta admit they have a great product and as far as I can tell they are the only ones that make it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.