Search

Custom Super Detailed Scale Tamiya Sand Scorcher

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 09:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Custom Super Detailed Scale Tamiya Sand Scorcher

Super Scale Detailed Tamiya Sand Scorcher

Up for sale is a super detailed sand scorcher, this is the product of around a year of work, car is awesome. it is a mix of vintage with some new parts thrown in, The winner will receive all of the original vintage parts that I did not use. as it stands, the shocks, the fiberglass chassis plate, tires, aluminum wheel inserts, front cross tubes, steering mechanism, and the rear cage are not vintage. The transmission and the front uprights are vintage.

Features of this car:

Fully custom, hand made interior including roll cage, driver. Driver has actual "seatbelts" that were custom made as well as the mounts and buckles. Driver also has custom hand paintes flame job on his helmet, custom dash, aluminum bezel gauges, roll cage padding, NOS bottle, custom made and wired MSD ignition box, Custom shifter with a Dice for the shift knob. Custom made fire extinguisher, custom fuel cell, fuel pumps, and fuel pressure regulator (all are "plumbed" in). Custom wired battery and hold down strap. Custom made fuel filler behind the driver is plumbed to the fuel cell. Front aluminum skid plate is custom fabricated with roll tubing added for looks, plate is actually screwed to the tubing with .080 screws. looks great. Wheels have aluminum inserts, they look awesome, Rear tires were also modified to give them a much more aggressive look. All 4 tires were lettered. Radio gear configuration is also all custom fabricated to fit the chassis, it includes an HPI waterproof/reversible ESC, and a vintage JR Propo controller. Full ball bearings throughout car.

Extensive body modifications include:

Body is new, not vintage. running boards removed and fenders shaved, custom fabricated enclosed fender wells at all 4 corners, custom fabricated engine cover and spoiler. Rear window was filled in and then early style split windows were cut in. Functioning hinge on the sunroof.

Fully custom engine, extensive fabrication on this engine, heater box, custom made coil, custom exhaust with header wrap, and custom flared aluminum exhaust tips. Engine is also "wired and plumbed" firewall is covered with aluminum as is the rear package tray in the interior.

Body was painted and clear coated with an automotive urethane clear, it was then cut and buffed.

I am selling this car, and probably a few other "lesser detailed" RC's to try and help pay for speech therapy for my 11 year old daughter. Otherwise, I would certainly not be selling this one. I am listing this car at this price because of the extensive time, fabrication and money invested, but I will consider all reasonable offers, so please feel free to make an offer if you choose. This is a gorgeous shelf queen and would be a jewel for anyone's collection.

If you need to see more pics, email me and I will help out as much as I can. I think I pretty much covered everything.

Car is sold as-is, no returns. Paypal only. No international shipping unless you are a serious buyer and you are willing to cover the cost, PLEASE contact me first if you are an international buyer!! FREE shipping.

Asking $1800 or make offer.